June Midmonth - Temple Burrower

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
NyxNoire
Site Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

June Midmonth - Temple Burrower

Post by NyxNoire »

New Midmonth for June:
Temple Burrower

A pair of oversized ears poke out of this sandy egg, occasionally wiggling to some internal beat.

Image (no dimorphism)
Spoiler
Temple burrower hatchlings tend to be unsteady on their feet, even long after hatching. With their poor eyesight, they often stumble in the bright light of day, but their excellent sense of smell helps guide them. Fortunately they're goodnatured and shake off any clumsy missteps, always curious to inspect the next interesting thing with their long, sensitive snouts. This clumsiness doesn't extend to their digging, however; even freshly hatched, they have excellent control of their claws and a driving urge to dig in any dirt they can find. Magi raising a temple burrower should provide them with an area to dig - just be careful that there's some way to keep them contained lest they dig their way into becoming lost.
Spoiler
An adult temple burrower still has terrible eyesight, but is usually less likely to bumble into walls and corners. They love to be fed sweet things, and will follow their noses to anything that might be tasty, even if they're not supposed to eat it. Generally quiet, they do grunt to themselves, and will bleat when alarmed. Unlike hatchlings, they know how to find their way back if they dig a long way, but magi should still be careful to make sure their burrower doesn't end up under their neighbour's basement. Burrowers are hardly malicious, but they can be singleminded about their digging, so it's always best to ensure the burrower has a constructive outlet - and all the treats they can eat.
Spoiler
As their name implies, temple burrowers like nothing more than to dig holes, pits, and elaborate underground labyrinths. In light of this, burrowers are indispensable to magi looking to build new homes and shops - especially as temple burrowers are quite willing to be paid in tasty treats. It's said that temple burrowers are responsible for the construction of the great ruined city in the middle of the Etain desert, though no one can find any records to prove it. Regardless, wild burrowers are often found in this area, resting from the heat of the day and gorging on the figs and dates in the old orchard.
Art by Munin//Description by Sochitelya
<3 Thank you so much for my pressies! <3
ImageImageImage
ImageImage ImageImageImage Image
PrincessOfVampires
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Re: June Midmonth - Temple Burrower

Post by PrincessOfVampires »

The hatchie is so cute.

↓Visit my shop↓
Princess treasures

Gifts: 25/25 Thank you. <3

Wishlist:
Donec
wystearya
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by wystearya »

Oo, fancy Aardvark. Cute!
Image Image ~ Image ~ Image Image

Wishlist in profile. <3 25/25 gifts - Thank you!
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

June is Temple Month.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmy gemdragons and pgymy crystalwings, psittrax dragons, alt colors :t-swoon:
Windi1
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Windi1 »

I absolutely LOVE aardvarks! Hopefully I can get 2 of them.
My Wish list?
Spoiler
Looking for the following: Halloween pets!
agaori, all dragon breeds, Diamond wyrm
gryphons, hippogryphs
wolves, koi, spiders, Serendin, all Amagnaes Alvean Yale, Tidal Wraithe
direcores, capricorns, jackalopes,
Vahti, Wallatrice
All khirin, event pets, shop pets and past donis

Image Big need: Diamond Wyrm, Wugu Amagnae Hoarding:ImageImage 25/25 gifts
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

The adult ^.^

So so cute <3 <3
Silenxia
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Silenxia »

Huh, an Aarvark is one I did not expect, but I am gonna get it anyway (please let there be a Temple beast inspired by meerkats).
The Wishlist in my profile is outdated (I can't quite figure out how to edit it now, so many of the creatures there have already been obtained).

Gift ideas: I am looking for event creatures now, but most anything will go. Thank you to everyone who has helped me achieve my Crystalwing goals.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
silentstarelly
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by silentstarelly »

I love all the temple creatures! It's so satisfying seeing them all grouped together.
LTS various creatures - PM if you're interested interested!
Unfrozen hatchlings <1% - here
Misc creatures (mostly bred) - here
Hybrid hatchlings (1st gen) - here
Pygmy gemdragons & crystalwings (lowest gen) - here
DarrkestDrow
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by DarrkestDrow »

Oh, it's by Munin! I must have! <3
Playing the endless game of catch-up...

(To hatchling only please)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Munin
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Munin »

There´s probably some kind of etiquette making this a cringey move but I am too excited not to point out that these friends got a little "upgrade" :lol:
https://magistream.com/bestiary.php?page=1432

Return to “Community Discussion”