New Player - Economy?

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
bellbell
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

New Player - Economy?

Post by bellbell »

Hello! I only recently started playing MagiStream, and I have a question:

How do users make money?

I've been posting in the Reindeer Games clickthreads pretty frequently and I can see I get a good chunk of gold for each post, but it feels like fighting against the tide when most important quests take 10k gold.

Is this by design? I feel like I'm asking a kind of rudimentary question, but I've found the site a little confusing and difficult to navigate, as much as I'm really enjoying the different creatures. I've used the Wiki to figure things out like the Herbalist shop quest line, but how to meaningfully participate in the economy kind of eludes me compared to other pet sites.

Thanks!
himehana
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: New Player - Economy?

Post by himehana »

Posting is the most basic way to get gold but also clicking on other's eggs or creatures will get you a little gold as well. I know a few will use some king of gold mining thing with clicking creatures but I never cared to figure it out so all I know is it sounds like a bot that will just open a bunch of tabs of creatures that counts as click which gets you gold.

The other way is to gather creatures to sell. Event ones are usually ok sellers so this coming Magiversary would be a good time to build up some event creatures.

It does take a bit to get anywhere using the usual posting method and creature clicking.
As for how I make money personally I usually do creature selling most often it's a monthly donation creature but not everyone can do that.
Cats are a favorite but I'll be happy to accept anything you're willing to gift.
There is a wishlist on my profile if you want more specifics on what I'm looking for.

Please do not click on anything outside of the Main keep tab
bellbell
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by bellbell »

Thank you! That makes sense. I suppose with the limited amount of activities the slow gold accumulation is on purpose. Appreciate the response!
feralkiwi
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by feralkiwi »

Some of the quests will also give you money, but early on, clicking & posting frequently are probably your best bet (unless you decide to buy shards w/real money and then sell them/the creatures in game- that'd probably be the fastest way but obvs not as accessible to everyone). If you're hurting for creatures/having trouble catching them in the stream, the caught being nice guild (https://magistream.com/26-mercado/12178 ... eding.html) offer quest creatures free to borrow so you can finish the quests faster

The external pet hatcheries also have image free gold mines of creatures that need to be clicked if you're running out in the click threads (http://imagefreegoldmine.wikidot.com/index, http://magi-ifn.net/). there's also some browser extensions that make clicking faster/easier to deal with (i believe there's a lot linked in the FAQ thread you can find at the top of this forum)

once you've acquired enough gold to do the artificer guild quest, you can also get the alicanto heart which will increase how much money you make clicking on creatures too.
(once you get to selling stuff, you can always check out the "how much is it worth" thread in the waynal marketplace to get an idea of what to price things at, as well as just looking at other players' threads in there)
(pronouns: they/them)

happy 15th magiversary!

<3 clicks appreciated-just to hatchling pls <3
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
doing bloodline swaps- 1st gen emerald wyverns | lts keep clean
WWECornSerpent
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by WWECornSerpent »

I've recently been having problems, I think, making money posting on the forums. Every time I submit a post, I get the Bad Gateway error message, yet my reply does get posted. I just don't think I'm getting the gold as my total doesn't change. But besides the click sites, clicking everything in your own Keep twice daily will give you gold as well as clicking other players' Keeps if they permit it. Feel free to click mine any time you want.
Happy 15th Magiversary!

Please Click! ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage Thank you!

25/25 Gifts! Thank you so very much!
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Post by VilaWolf »

how long have I been saying that setting gold only to established and power players is bad thing? To use a line that I am sure some are very tired of hearing....

Most users dont have the time to spent 6 hours a day clicking eggs or dont feel comfortable giving a silly click to hatch site real world money.

Extra special bonus points for telling someone to sell their first pets!

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.
LunatheDragoness
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by LunatheDragoness »

VilaWolf wrote:how long have I been saying that setting gold only to established and power players is bad thing? To use a line that I am sure some are very tired of hearing....

Most users dont have the time to spent 6 hours a day clicking eggs or dont feel comfortable giving a silly click to hatch site real world money.

Extra special bonus points for telling someone to sell their first pets!
Yes exactly. We need a system like Egg Cave. Clicking on creatures giving 80-100 gold instead of just 1-5 gold. Most of the time people have to sell donation creatures to make gold as well. For the last year I haven't been able to get over max 350k due to being busy and no time to click eggs.
Spiraling out of control and deeper down the rabbit hole
"Ronald" - Falling In Reverse, Tech N9ne & Alex Terrible
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

The AquariumGolden Claw

Return to “Community Discussion”