Magistream's 10 year anniversary

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: Magistream's 10 year anniversary

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

New creatures appear in the stream. They will flood the stream up to and including May 11th, after which they will appear in the stream (but not flood) up to and including May 31st EDT after which they will be gone.
That's from the event annoucement. That usually means they are a limited release event creature. No clue why the bestiary entry would list them as common stream creatures.
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
Ardroth
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Ardroth »

... I'd like to remind everyone that this is a game, and games are supposed to be fun. /:

Can we all just... take a breather? :( It's not a big deal. If people wanna vent, let 'em.
the animarums - they/them - plural + fictional - 25+
We are a plural system, all posts are made by Alex (he/they).
wishlist
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

CinnaminDraconna wrote:
New creatures appear in the stream. They will flood the stream up to and including May 11th, after which they will appear in the stream (but not flood) up to and including May 31st EDT after which they will be gone.
That's from the event annoucement. That usually means they are a limited release event creature. No clue why the bestiary entry would list them as common stream creatures.
Oddly enough the Sacer CW has it listed properly as being an Event. Idk what's up with the other 4. Probably a typo.
Reima
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Reima »

BBkat wrote:
CinnaminDraconna wrote:
Oddly enough the Sacer CW has it listed properly as being an Event. Idk what's up with the other 4. Probably a typo.
Magical mystery Crystalwings~~~ The Sacer ones are truly something else
Honestly I'm glad we have these forums and topics, it makes it possible to see that there's others too who are having that 'hmmm' moment
But now that I've checked on it, yeah, it Does seem that the others have a different listing to the Sacer one which is odd but Might explain the scarce nature of the specific breed
Still nice to have the others around as an extra though, just a couple days left!
This Signature looks so bad on mobile. Good lord it is HUGE. I'll need to work on that at some point. For now though I sleep
ImageImageImageImage
✯✦✯✧✯✦✯✧✯✦
Any objections, Lady?
✨ImageImage✨
To hatchling only C:
Wishlist Here
Graveworm
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Graveworm »

If one puts in minimal effort, one cannot expect maximum outcome.

The reason/s WHY one can only put in minimal effort are irrelevant.

My annoyance is at the people who pop up regularly at EVERY event/special anything with complaints that it is not completely catering to some special subset of people who would like to still be able to get everything while only putting in the minimum amount of effort- and that’s not a reasonable expectation, not even when the reason for the minimum effort is 100% valid and reasonable (no time, bad internet, health, WHATEVER.) It does not even imply that the person is “lazy”. It is not even unreasonable to WANT it to be that way- but it IS unreasonable, and entitled, to expect it to BE that way, or become that way because you complain about it enough.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkyeWyven
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by SkyeWyven »

Graveworm wrote:If one puts in minimal effort, one cannot expect maximum outcome.

The reason/s WHY one can only put in minimal effort are irrelevant.

My annoyance is at the people who pop up regularly at EVERY event/special anything with complaints that it is not completely catering to some special subset of people who would like to still be able to get everything while only putting in the minimum amount of effort- and that’s not a reasonable expectation, not even when the reason for the minimum effort is 100% valid and reasonable (no time, bad internet, health, WHATEVER.) It does not even imply that the person is “lazy”. It is not even unreasonable to WANT it to be that way- but it IS unreasonable, and entitled, to expect it to BE that way, or become that way because you complain about it enough.
I know I said I was done with this but it seems you're going to ignore all the things I said in an attempt to mend bridges and just keep harping.
True - you can't get the most from doing the least. That's fine.
No one EXPECTS the site to change - that's your assumption. They are only lamenting the fact it is difficult for them to get their desired pets. If I can't find a shirt that I like in my size it's not entitled for me to wish I could. If I walk into a store and something I was looking for is sold out it is not entitled for me to wish it wasn't. Perhaps some people could word things a little differently to make it seem less like they expect change but I'm sure they are all only expressing their opinion and their wish for it to be different. No demands, that's just how you seem to take it.
"Gotta catch 'em all"

Wishlist is here!
Myouki
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Myouki »

Reima wrote:People can express their opinions and thoughts freely in my opinion. We're not demanding for something to happen, it's just an opinion
Like if I were to say I'd like to see 50 recolors of the Lichentrope because I love them a lot, or that it'd be cool to have only pink creatures flood on the stream
That's just an opinion, a collection of words, not a demand for the staff to go do it, jk? <3
An additional thing is me not liking the drunk text, it's really obnoxious, but if it's there then it is there, it's too bad and I'll just have to deal with it
Agreed, it's the staff's call whether they want to implement or change something and part of their job is taking feedback (positive and negative) into consideration.

Yes, there are people out there that complain too much, but that pretty much comes with the territory of anything dealing with providing services (free or otherwise) and the staff members get to decide what's a valid point and what's just whining. That's not our call to make, so non-staff yelling at others to keep their opinions to themselves really doesn't help anyone in the long run. It just gives the impression of being a social justice warrior.

As for the drunk text, the only issue I really have with it is that it fudges links and images, so any attempt to post in the reindeer games hatching threads while drunk posts a broken image with a link that leads to an inactive page rather than the creature. Outside of paying 200 gold to immediately sober yourself up (not efficient if you're planning on buying more drinks right after posting), the only way around it is to go back and manually edit the post after it goes through, which can be tedious with a slow connection.
~Mostly looking for shop (especially Water and Herbal), quest, event, and hybrid creatures. Details in my wishlist (updated 12/20/2023), please and thank you~
Sanax
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Sanax »

I don't get why people are getting so mad over the Crystalwings. Any event I've been a part of so far, the duration of the event creatures flooding the stream was the ONLY time you could get them easily. They STOPPED being available in the stream after their flood.

Site staff could've done the same thing with this event. They could've had these new Crystalwings flood for a week and then COMPLETELY disappear from the stream. But since it's the 10th Anniversary, they were nice enough to KEEP THEM IN THE STREAM FOR THE WHOLE REMAINDER OF THE MONTH. That's giving players the rest of the month of May to catch more Crystalwings, which, had this been like every other previous event, you wouldn't be able to get anymore after that initial flood. You'd be stuck with what you had.

In my opinion, I feel kind of like players shouldn't be complaining about that. Don't get me wrong, you're entitled to complain about what you want, say what you want, etc. But the bottom line is that MS staff DIDN'T have to let the Crystalwings continue to be in the stream for the rest of the month. They could have stopped having them appear in the stream after their initial flood and that was that. They were generous enough to allow them to appear in the stream for the rest of the month. They didn't have to do that. Yet they did. They did it for the players, for the same people who are now complaining that they're not happy with it. That makes people seem very ungrateful. I get that you can't, and you won't be able to please everyone, no matter what you do or don't do. Trust me, I've worked in retail for years. I get it. Some people will like the way things are done and some won't. But still, beggars can't be choosers.

Instead of complaining that you're not seeing the Crystalwings, they're "not dropping enough," or that you can't take a couple minutes out of a 24 hour day to look for some in the stream, you could at least THANK MS staff for letting them even be in stream this long. Thank them for at least giving players a CHANCE to get more than they could during the initial flood. They didn't have to do this, but they did. And to see people complain about it frustrates me. Doing something nice for someone else, only for them to complain about it, is a slap in the face, tbh.

But again, that's just my two cents (that no one asked for, I know) on the issue.
To hatchling only, please.
ImageImageImageImageImage

To adult, thank you. c:
None at the moment.
PaintdGryphon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by PaintdGryphon »

Wow... I got a moment free to check, and this thread exploded...

Only for myself and my complaint such as it was from pages ago, I'm not mad I'm not catching new releases. Disappointed, for sure, but that's in myself and my lack of time to devote to catching. I'll either get more, or I won't. Between work and planning/crafting for my upcoming wedding, I just simply have other priorities.

Best of luck to EVERYONE who's still hunting!
Please feel free to mine my keep if you wish <3
My Wishlist
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

Just inserting my two cents on the situation: there will always be people who complain, no matter what. That's just the way things seem to be no matter where you go in life. Can't make everyone happy; no point in trying to do so because there will still always be at least one person who will find something to nitpick about. Sad, but true.

To Magistream staff, thank you very much for this event. I do hope the complainers here don't ever deter you from doing the wonderful events that you do for us Magi. :wave:
FREE DONI AUCTION!
Ends May 12th, 6pm PST.

Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:

Return to “Community Discussion”