The Umbria Guild 2.0

The place to converse with other members of a guild or club.
Jedi40
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Umbria Guild 2.0

Post by Jedi40 »

This is what Arc posted on FB as to why the site is down.

"I just wanted to let players know that the site will be down for a few months due to several reasons. The server provider that Umbria’s been using the past few years has become too unreliable and so it’s time to move on to another service. Another is to deal with some of the long term issues that have been plaguing the site for quite some time. I’ve only been able to plug holes with duct tape and that only goes so far for so long. One can only use so many band aids before admitting to the fact that major surgery is required.

All the data has been safely downloaded and there’s various backup copies that were made so no data was lost. When the site does go back up, everyone will still have their creatures and information. I’m sorry that this seems abrupt, but it had to be done because looking at the long term forecast of the site’s reliability and survival- I felt that this was necessary. Looking back- what seemed like a good idea a few years ago, now is counterintuitive to where I wanted to take the site."
Tekla
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tekla »

Jedi40 wrote:This is what Arc posted on FB as to why the site is down.

"I just wanted to let players know that the site will be down for a few months due to several reasons. The server provider that Umbria’s been using the past few years has become too unreliable and so it’s time to move on to another service. Another is to deal with some of the long term issues that have been plaguing the site for quite some time. I’ve only been able to plug holes with duct tape and that only goes so far for so long. One can only use so many band aids before admitting to the fact that major surgery is required.

All the data has been safely downloaded and there’s various backup copies that were made so no data was lost. When the site does go back up, everyone will still have their creatures and information. I’m sorry that this seems abrupt, but it had to be done because looking at the long term forecast of the site’s reliability and survival- I felt that this was necessary. Looking back- what seemed like a good idea a few years ago, now is counterintuitive to where I wanted to take the site."
Dang, I'm really sad to hear that. T_T

ImageImageImage
~
ImageImageImageImageImage
--
"Oh! My feet of fire! My burning feet of fire!"
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

Wow...*sighs* I knew once the site was down that something serious was up. All I can say is I hope that it does come back but who knows....now I wish I had backed up my creatures. *sad sigh*
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
Raneth
Hello World
CreaturesTrade

Post by Raneth »

Well that's a bummer. I wasn't particularly active on Umbria but I enjoyed checking on my creatures every so often and grabbing new things when they showed up.
ImageImageImage

Pretty ponies...
Jedi40
CreaturesTrade

Post by Jedi40 »

Arc said in her post on FB that she backed everything up so when the site does come back everything will be right where it was. But until then and if you like her quests Deb is working on doing them on http://taleofostlea.net/ If your interested here is the link to WoU thread on there. http://taleofostlea.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=205.

If someone could post this info in the WoU thread on DC for me it would be a great help since I still can't get onto the site. thanks.
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

I already posted a message on Forest of Mirrors with more info, and ToO already has the news, I cannot post on DC because I don't play that game so I cannot inform anyone there....so I hope someone can post the info in DC and Flowergame too at some point.
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
Jedi40
CreaturesTrade

Post by Jedi40 »

I posted the info on Flowergame already. Just need someone to post it on DC.
Mathcat
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mathcat »

Okay, the FB message has been posted to the DC thread.
Wishlist here

Still on AO3 as Mathcat2 - stories for Magistream, Dragon Cave, Forest of Mirrors, and Jelle's Marble Runs, plus original fiction. New stories every Tuesday and Friday during November 2023.

(Signature decorations courtesy of HopingFaith.)
Jedi40
CreaturesTrade

Post by Jedi40 »

Thanks Mathcat. Could you also post the info on it about where the WoU thread can be found on ToO?

Here is the link for the quests signup thread. http://taleofostlea.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=674
Mathcat
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mathcat »

I posted a link to the thread, as requested.
Wishlist here

Still on AO3 as Mathcat2 - stories for Magistream, Dragon Cave, Forest of Mirrors, and Jelle's Marble Runs, plus original fiction. New stories every Tuesday and Friday during November 2023.

(Signature decorations courtesy of HopingFaith.)

Return to “Guilds Quarter”