Wiccan Witch Coven

The place to converse with other members of a guild or club.

Wiccanism, and your belief? Are you... and I believe... Please select two top and bottom

A Wiccan
28%
Close but not quite(not a wiccan but does the stuff)
11%
Not a wiccan.
20%
DO NOT CHOOSE THIS (FOR SPACING)
7%
I believe wiccanism is A great thing to do,
28%
' ' a thing that i don't really care about either way
4%
' ' is crap! Get away from me!
2%

Total votes: 46

CheyenneWarrior
CreaturesTrade

Re: Wiccan Witch Coven

Post by CheyenneWarrior »

Thankyou for the advice everyone, I didn't know you needed express permission from my parents. I will be sure to check back here for questions, etc.

Just here for a bit of role-playing.

ImageImageImageImage
MightyOak
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by MightyOak »

Imbolc is just around the corner! I don't have any plans, but I'd love to hear what other people or hoping to do or thinking of doing. I'd even be interested in peoples' thoughts on the Sabbat itself.

I, personally, have always been lukewarm on this particular Sabbat. Too much of an "in between" sort of thing. I think I like my Sabbats to be rather more decisive! :t-lol:
ImageImageImageImage
-I'm always looking for french named lineages.
-I have a few donation creatures thanks to the generosity of others. If anyone would like to borrow one or more to breed for themselves, please contact me. It's free. Image
CheyenneWarrior
CreaturesTrade

Post by CheyenneWarrior »

Ok I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to. Can I be a Witch/Wicca without be, believing in the dieties?

Just here for a bit of role-playing.

ImageImageImageImage
sorakaji
CreaturesTrade

Post by sorakaji »

CheyenneWarrior wrote:Ok I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to. Can I be a Witch/Wicca without be, believing in the dieties?
You can definitely be a witch, or even a pagan, without believing in any deities. Wicca is a specific religion in that category, and I'm pretty sure part of being wiccan involves deity-worship.
A lot of people have trouble wrapping their brains around this (I sure did at first), but Wicca is a specific religion, and you don't need to be Wiccan just to be able to put a name on your pagan/witchcraft-practicing identity. You can believe whatever you want that puts you into the earth-based/witch/pagan category, and be pagan. There are no rules. But to be wiccan you have to follow specific stuff according to the religion.
Being pagan is awesome. You don't have to feel like your identity is invalid if you're not Wiccan, specifically.
I'm sorry, maybe that was more information than you actually wanted. :facepalm:
MightyOak
CreaturesTrade

Post by MightyOak »

CheyenneWarrior, I will add to the answer you've already gotten. The belief in a God and Goddess is integral to Wiccan beliefs, though they take many forms. The label of witch is often used by Wiccans, but is not specific to Wicca. It can refer to any person who participates in magical workings.

If the idea of deities offends your sensibilities, then I might suggest that religion in general might not be your cup of tea. If it is simply specific deities that don't appeal to you, then you can easily do some research into potential deities that would work well with you. There are of course many paths to walk in neo-pagan practices and you are only limited by your knowledge and experience.
ImageImageImageImage
-I have a few donation creatures thanks to the generosity of others. If anyone would like to borrow one or more to breed for themselves, please contact me. It's free. Image
solidfoamsoul
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by solidfoamsoul »

I Would Like to be a Member!
Username: solidfoamsoul
Member or Wicca?: I think I identify more as agnostic, so put me down for member. But I enjoy the rituals and have several pagan books and things. I've studied it off and on since high school, but it's one thing to read and another to believe and I haven't ever gotten that far yet, you know?
MightyOak
CreaturesTrade

Post by MightyOak »

Hello and welcome, solidofoamsoul! It's always nice to have a new face around here. :t-^_^:

So did anyone do anything for Beltaine? I meant to and then I got distracted.. :t-lol:
ImageImageImageImage
EmLenore
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by EmLenore »

What is Beltaine?
Hello, I am in my second year of college and am very busy.
I am also an avid roleplayer and have got myself caught up in several rps on three different sites. Not too mention I'm trying to create a guild on Gaia and run a roleplay on here. If I don't RP fast enough, I'm sorry, I have my reasons.
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

Beltane or Beltain (pron.: /ˈbɛlteɪn/) (also Beltine or Beltaine)[1] is the Gaelic May Day festival. Most commonly it is held on 30 April–1 May, or halfway between the spring equinox and the summer solstice. It was observed in Ireland, Scotland and the Isle of Man. In Irish it is Bealtaine ([ˈbʲal̪ˠt̪ˠənʲə]), in Scottish Gaelic Bealltainn ([ˈpjaul̪ˠt̪ˠɪɲ]) and in Manx Gaelic Boaltinn or Boaldyn. It is one of the four Gaelic seasonal festivals; along with Samhain, Imbolc and Lughnasadh.
| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
Ricansea
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ricansea »

I Would Like to be a Member!
Username: Ricansea
Member or Wicca?: Wicca, I think. It just kind of... came out of nowhere. But... but there have been so many signs and just so many amazing things that have happened since I started... I love it. <3
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Guilds Quarter”