Bullying (Sensitive Material)

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

spyro27
CreaturesTrade

Re: Bullying (Sensitive Material)

Post by spyro27 »

What do you think causes children to act this way?
When they cannot seem to stop it and have no-one's proper support. It'll make you feel alone and that life's not worth living for if you just kept getting bullied by anything hurtful they do. And then all this builds up to the climax, until the kid/teen/adult has chosen what he'll/she'll do. :/

Why do you think teens and children feel better by ridiculing others?
It's mainly to impress their friends. That's only really it. They like to pick on others who are slightly different to themselves. Shorter, taller, uglier, smarter, dumber, weight, and personality..

If you are a child/teen have you ever went to a discipline teacher at your school and tell them your problem but they haven't done anything about it?
Yep. They told the person but he kept doing it. I got better support and I've changed, so my mind is filled with comebacks. XD And now we're kinda just having fun. Teachers don't really help tbh. You need to do it yourself.

If you are an adult and have children have they had similar problems of teachers not doing anything about there bullying case?

If you are an adult without children are you bullied at your workplace or college?

What are some ideas you may have to decrease the number of suicides/ help the bullying problem?
Guides. Lots of guides in for schools. Not for the bullied, they're doing all they can. What about the bullies themselves? We can't just pick them out, so the whole school could watch a presentation of what bullying can do, and... well I think they do that already, but.. Yeah. And not just showing the bullying you'd see on telly, but the casual bullying we'd get nowadays. Maybe we can have interviews with people who have had been bullied. and such.

Have you ever witnessed someone being bullied and stood there and just watched?
I don't think I've ever witnessed it, no...

Have you witnessed someone being bullied and helped them?
Don't think I've seen it happening.

As a child have you ever been scared to go to school because of bullies?
Yes. So darn much... When I was in my first year of Highschool, I had no friends. I was in a school where I knew no one.
Do you know anyone who may have committed suicide due to bullying?
Well, I don't know if it was because of bullying specifically, but it was one of the reasons, and yes... it was an Internet friend, but... Even though we hardly ever talked... It's one person I'll never see again ;A;

Were you a bully?
No.
How did you deal with bullying?
I found more friends and got more social. It started to change me a little to be more like the modern school girl with her come backs and such and when you're with friends, you're unlikely to get bullied. :3

ImageImage
ImageImage

And thanks for your prezzies guys! <3
I hope I've remembered all of them...
I love PaleoMage. :3

BradTheMad
HS Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by BradTheMad »

With children I understand bullying a little better than if adults do it. It still isn't right but children are trying to find their way in life; what social groups they fit in etc. Picking on somebody who is outside of the social group for whatever reason is a way to ensure their own position within it. The cruelest bullies might be very insecure themselves and feel they have to ridicule and taunt others so they won't get picked on themselves.
Adults who bully have serious issues in my opinion.

See my first answer; social security.

If you are an adult without children are you bullied at your workplace or college?
They sure tried, it was mostly a discrimination issue which degenerated into very childish bullying.

What are some ideas you may have to decrease the number of suicides/ help the bullying problem?
Just talking about really, treating it as a serious problem and not as something that is normal or something everybody should go through to "toughen up". Nowadays I see bullying being treated much more seriously then when I was still studying and I do think it's the right way to go.

Once, I was also bullied and thought it would be best to just shut up and walk on before I got beaten again. I did talk to the guy later and told him sorry that I didn't do anything but understood what he's going through. We hang out together after that but I still feel guilty for not doing anything then.

Plenty of times, especially as I got older. I even helped a kid once not too long ago in public transport who got mercilessly beaten by three others. Even though I'm disabled I will not stand for violence or bullying.

Heck yes, I faked being sick for a number of times and at one point even got home-schooling for a full year because it had gotten completely out of hand.

No but I do know a few, including myself, who were seriously considering it as a "way out".

Were you a bully?
Never have and never will.

I didn't, not really. In my case it was twenty or so kids against me and actual physical violence, they tried to bash my head in with rocks one day. I tried everything from going to the school itself to the police but nobody ever believed me and thought I exaggerated. These little monsters did their best to hide it, they only called me names at school and did little things like hiding or plain stealing my stuff but the actual physical violence was always on the street on my way to home in a pretty silent woodland area. I always thought that my parents would one day find my dead body in a bush somewhere.
When my parents saw the bruises and cuts they were smart enough to pull me out of school but the school was stupid enough to let the bullies come over apologize and pretend they were suddenly best friends with me. As soon as all backs were turned again it started all over again. Lucky for me we moved far away just around that time and my new school was much better at dealing situations like that(yes I was bullied at almost every school, lucky me).

Most of that really terrible group were just fence sitters or kids who played along whom might have also gotten picked upon but there were five of them who I cannot imagine leading normal lives now. They were complete psychopaths, actually plotting to kill me. I heard one of them actually went to youth detention not soon after I left...not surprisingly.
Meddle not in the affairs of Decepticons
for you are squishy and make really funny noises when violently deactivated.
MagicalGhoul
CreaturesTrade

Post by MagicalGhoul »

* What do you think causes children to act this way?
Dunno. Possibly their own insecurities or their own problems. Or maybe because they think that being a bully makes them cool, or even protects them from being bullied.

* Why do you think teens and children feel better by ridiculing others?
Perhaps because it helps them feel better about themselves. Or, maybe they're just the kind of person that likes to knock someone down, watch them cry...

* If you are a child/teen have you ever went to a discipline teacher at your school and tell them your problem but they haven't done anything about it?
No. I don't think I ever told an adult at my school that I was being bullied/teased. I thought that i could handle the problems by myself, and if I just ignored them they'd go away.
There might have been once that i told them what had happened, but that was because I was gonna get in trouble. (I fell down on the playground, hurt myself, and a kid laughed at me. I was so embarrassed that I ran inside without telling anyone, went to the nurses office, got a bag of ice, and went back outside. I nearly got in trouble for it...)
But, sometimes an adult watched as I was bullied/teased and did nothing.
Example: It was near Halloween and we all dressed up in our Halloween costumes. I, being a total fantasy nerd, decided that I'd be a unicorn person or something like that. It was the day that I tripped and was laughed at as well.
I was waiting to go home, standing with all the other kids that got picked up by their parents. I was so relieved to finally get to go home and for this day to end (I had several other incidents of being teased/bullied that day). And some kid walks up to me and rips my Halloween costume off my head, right in front of the teacher. He made fun of me, I think he hit me a couple times, and he wouldn't give me my hat back.
The teacher? He watched. Eventually he halfheartedly told the boy to stop, and when he didn't, he did nothing.

* If you are an adult and have children have they had similar problems of teachers not doing anything about there bullying case?
* If you are an adult without children are you bullied at your workplace or college?
* What are some ideas you may have to decrease the number of suicides/ help the bullying problem? Have you ever witnessed someone being bullied and stood there and just watched?
I have no idea what could help stop bullying. Adults paying more attention might help... and maybe actually talking to the bullies and finding out what makes them bully others could possibly help...
And no, I don't believe I have ever stood by as someone was bullied.

* Have you witnessed someone being bullied and helped them?
I don't ever remember actually seeing someone else bullied, but I have seen people get made fun of and most of the time I tried to defend them...

* As a child have you ever been scared to go to school because of bullies?
Yes.

* Do you know anyone who may have committed suicide due to bullying?
No, not that I know of.

* Were you a bully?
Dear god I hope not.

* How did you deal with bullying?
I didn't. I let it get bad and eventually my mom pulled me out of school because of it.
"We are the weirdos, mister."
+
Tumblr
Kori
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kori »

I don't know, I guess it's when their own pain and problems and misunderstandings are channeled through anger and spat out at the people around them. I don't think they really see that they are bullies, and that they do bully.

Because pointing out and exploiting others' weaknesses and flaws makes their own seem smaller. So yes, because it makes them dominant and feel good (or at least better) about themselves.

* If you are a child/teen have you ever went to a discipline teacher at your school and tell them your problem but they haven't done anything about it?
Well, yes and no. I told them, and the woman told me I "wore my heart on my sleeve" and wrote some stupid contract for the bully and I to sign. It didn't work, honestly. I find it works better if I deal with it myself.

* If you are an adult and have children have they had similar problems of teachers not doing anything about there bullying case?
* If you are an adult without children are you bullied at your workplace or college?

* What are some ideas you may have to decrease the number of suicides/ help the bullying problem?
More attentive teaching strategies, and stronger punishment for those who bully. Plus casual mental help.

* Have you ever witnessed someone being bullied and stood there and just watched?
I think everyone has, if it be only even once. Yes, I have, and I have regretted it enormously. Though I did make sure to right my wrong.

Yes, as I believe everyone has done this at least once too.

I find it tiresome to come to school and have to deal with them, and sometimes I simply do not want to go to school, but I do it anyways.

No, and hopefully I never do.

* Were you a bully?
I have bullied, and probably will again. All I can do is try my hardest not to.

* How did you deal with bullying?
I deal with it by calmly saying, "Screw you, I'm no ****ing saint, but I'm glad I help you sleep at night."
hi i'm i.j. and i like direwolves.

tumblr
art/poetry

Rythalion
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rythalion »

I actually don't really know, all I can do is assume... I think younger children don't really get it/care about hurting others. When I was a small child, there was one girl in school who was excluded from the class, and I simply did not realize that this might hurt her.
I think that older children do bully others in order to feel strong, to get attention.

I assume they do try to feel stronger or superior by degrading others.

Yes. I have been bullied in school and I tried to talk to teachers. They did nothing. Nothing at all.

Don't have any children

No

* What are some ideas you may have to decrease the number of suicides/ help the bullying problem?
More attentive teaching strategies, and stronger punishment for those who bully. Plus casual mental help.

I think teachers need to be more willing to take action. It should not matter who the bully is (whether the parents are wealthy or not) - he/she needs to be punished for these deeds. Society needs to understand that bullying is not just a 'child's prank' - it can be really serious.

* Have you ever witnessed someone being bullied and stood there and just watched?
When I was a small child, yes. Later I always stepped in

Yes

Hah yes...

No, and hopefully I never do.

* Were you a bully?
When I look back at it now.. yes. As a small child I was a bully. I did not realize it, though this is not an excuse or something. I just didn't get it back then.
KitsuneBeauty
CreaturesTrade

Post by KitsuneBeauty »

Some of it could be insecurities, but around here they bully because they are ignorant, spoiled, and obnoxious.

See above. Some of it may be insecurity, but around here it's a superiority complex.

If you are a child/teen have you ever went to a discipline teacher at your school and tell them your problem but they haven't done anything about it?
I used to, but I gave up. They never did crap about it except a metaphorical slap on the wrist, and it just gave the 'bullies' more ammo.

One would be people learning to accept differences, but since that won't be happening any time soon with the younger generations, I'd say parents need to step up their game a bit better and teach their kids not to be a jerk to everybody.

Not anything serious. It's usually just a group of friends playing around.

I stick up for my friends whenever someone makes a comment to them when I'm around.

Not scared, just really didn't want to deal with it.

No, but I have known people who physically hurt themselves and thought about suicide because of it.

Were you a bully?
I think everybody is guilty of that at some point, but never to an extreme point.

For a while, I just took it. It made me extremely nervous around people and insecure, and I still struggle with that as a junior (soon to be senior) in high school. I just quit giving them the reactions they wanted, and they started leaving me alone. Now people honestly wonder why I'm so quiet and withdrawn in class.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MissMague
CreaturesTrade

Post by MissMague »

What do you think causes children to act this way? There are a lot of reasons: Peer pressure, insecurity, they've been bullied or abused.
Why do you think teens and children feel better by ridiculing others? I think it may be because it gives them power or control when in truth they may feel that is what they lack.
If you are a child/teen have you ever went to a discipline teacher at your school and tell them your problem but they haven't done anything about it? Yes it has happened a number of times to me unfortunately. The teachers at my elementary school had a we see it we stop it train of thought and a report was usually just categorized as attention seeking.
If you are an adult and have children have they had similar problems of teachers not doing anything about there bullying case? I do not have children but I do have two little brothers to whom this happens a lot. Since the teachers do nothing they do not fully trust adults to listen so for the past three years I have been their confidante, even though I am now too an adult.
If you are an adult without children are you bullied at your workplace or college? I was bullied all last year at my work place and I didn't report it because I had learned that just giving him no reaction worked best. My boss had no idea what was happening until he moved all my belongings that I had brought to work with me out onto the roof in the rain.
What are some ideas you may have to decrease the number of suicides/ help the bullying problem? Have you ever witnessed someone being bullied and stood there and just watched? I can't really think of anything but the old stand together reminder. I have only once ever watched someone else get bullied and it was because that person had stood up for me while I was being bullied so the bully turned on them. I was being physically bullied and was therefore terrified to go to my friends aid as she was verbally bullied.
Have you witnessed someone being bullied and helped them? Yes. after I finally learned to stand up to bullying I would not be able to see it with out helping out the victim.
As a child have you ever been scared to go to school because of bullies? I was terrified I was being physically bullied and I faked sick more times then I can count trying to escape it.
Do you know anyone who may have committed suicide due to bullying? No I do not know anyone personally who did it, but I myself almost did. I had everything ready and then I happened to look at my dresser and see a picture of my best friend and I. If I hadn't of seen that picture I am quite sure I would've gone through with it.
Were you a bully? No. I despised it with all my being.
How did you deal with bullying? When I got bullied I would just stand tall and start going over in my head a list of everything that makes me special and everyone who loves me.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
swlaw
CreaturesTrade

Post by swlaw »

Mod edit: no spam!
ImageImageImageImageImage
nightclaw
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by nightclaw »

Things that they experience at home, thier own insecurities.
Copy from above.
No, I prefer to handle problems by myself, and not involve others.
If you are an adult and have children have they had similar problems of teachers not doing anything about there bullying case? I'm not an adult.
If you are an adult without children are you bullied at your workplace or college? Angain, I'm just a kid.
What are some ideas you may have to decrease the number of suicides/ help the bullying problem? Have you ever witnessed someone being bullied and stood there and just watched?
I have never witnessed bullying, but if I ever did, I would tell someone about it, preferably a teacher or a dean that I know in my school.
No, I've never witnessed bullying.
No, I just ignore bullies, and after a while they just go away.
No...
Were you a bully?
Of course not!
I just ignore everyone.
purplerevolution
CreaturesTrade

Post by purplerevolution »

I think it's mostly fear. They hate what they don't understand. Also, a lot of kids grew up/are growing up in homes where they're taught bullying is acceptable, even normal.
It's an attempt to raise their own self-esteem.
Yes, all the time. In these situations, it has to be very serious for a teacher to do anything about it. There are just too many cases these days for the teachers to address them all. It's sad, but true.
What are some ideas you may have to decrease the number of suicides/ help the bullying problem? Have you ever witnessed someone being bullied and stood there and just watched?
Bullies need to accept that even if they don't understand something, that doesn't mean it's bad or wrong, and that differences are a good thing. The victims need to know that first, it's not their fault, and second, it's not true.
Yes. I've been there too many times to stand and watch, and the more you stand up for other people, the more you can stand up for yourself.
Yes, in fourth and seventh grade.
One of my friends considered it, but through her parents and a counselor she's fine now.
Were you a bully?
I think we're all guilty of bullying at some point, but I try not to be.
I stood up for myself. I told them to shove it and get lost... and they did.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Hall of Speakers”