new temple cat

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.

do you want a temple cat

yes caloic
9%
yes russin blue
23%
yes himalying
11%
yes mai
6%
no
50%

Total votes: 128

dioma
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: new temple cat

Post by dioma »

GenericDragon wrote:They are, essentially, "trophy" pets. She was just trying to make a point, really, no need to jump her throat for it.
I said one sentence to her :(
How can a creature be a trophy when you buy it? It's just a purchase.
And I just said that I took action to get what I want. I clicked a lot, I purchased other donis and I carried around a signature saying what I have to offer for a TC. And that worked.

@DevilCrest
Yeah, I think it was the first mid-month. But I think the popularity is caused by many cat freaks. I'm horse freak but I have my pegasi and minis so I'm good.

The sad thing about remakes is... well, they are only remakes. It's like getting orange flavored water instead of fresh orange juice 'cause it's cheaper. I really dislike fake stuff.
Firepaw
CreaturesTrade

Post by Firepaw »

dioma wrote:
GenericDragon wrote:They are, essentially, "trophy" pets. She was just trying to make a point, really, no need to jump her throat for it.
I said one sentence to her :(
How can a creature be a trophy when you buy it? It's just a purchase.
And I just said that I took action to get what I want. I clicked a lot, I purchased other donis and I carried around a signature saying what I have to offer for a TC. And that worked but apparently those actions are not considered anymore.

@DevilCrest
Yeah, I think it was the first mid-month. But I think the popularity is caused by many cat freaks. I'm horse freak but I have my pegasi and minis so I'm good.
If you ask me, most of the donation pets are simply trophy pets. What other purpose do they have? Sure you can sell them, but you can sell real trophies (spelling?) as well :crazy:

It's a purcase, it's a trophy. It shows you were (since most probably spent a good amount to get theirs) rich enough to buy one, or are a rather old player getting one when they were in-shop :italian: or were quick, and had good luck enough to get one. They're a trophy.

Personally, I wouldn't mind another feline-like type, but I doubt we'll get another temple kitty, especially since we just had the egyptian(-like) Shaa, and the kitties are also egyptian(-like)

Image Image
dioma
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by dioma »

firepaw60 wrote:If you ask me, most of the donation pets are simply trophy pets. What other purpose do they have? Sure you can sell them, but you can sell real trophies (spelling?) as well :crazy:

It's a purcase, it's a trophy. It shows you were (since most probably spent a good amount to get theirs) rich enough to buy one, or are a rather old player getting one when they were in-shop :italian: or were quick, and had good luck enough to get one. They're a trophy.
Our nagas, rats or arkai don't serve a purpose either. If by purpose you mean breeding because I just like collecting.

P.s. my trophies have my name on it, I don't think anyone would buy them :t-shrug:
TheShadow
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheShadow »

A "trophy" is anything that shows you achieved an accomplishment. It doesn't mean it has to be a shiny statue on a pedestal.

Anyhoo, I don't have a temple cat, and unless someone wants to buy my graphicing soul with one, I doubt I ever will. I couldn't give a damn less about "having too much of cats" or "blah we already have one" or "bawww, poor newbies" or any other cracked up reason any one can think of.

There is only one reason and one circumstance that I would want one.
:tard:
Because that is awesome. That is all.
Last edited by TheShadow on July 30th, 2010, 3:43:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♦ Taking a Permanent or Not so Permanent Break. Haven't decided yet. ♦
Everything I run is closed. All trades sent to me will rot.
Raine
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Raine »

^I'd take that recolour down if I were you. The sprite was made by Niwer, who doesn't allow recolours of her work.
→ Egg Basket ☂
ImageImageImageImage
→ Hatchling Train ☂
dioma
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by dioma »

TheShadow wrote:A "trophy" is anything that shows you achieved an accomplishment.
Awesome, then some of my donis show that I accomplished spending money on pixels... feels lamer than buying Facebook points.

Take down that sprite.
:t-ninja:
Firepaw
CreaturesTrade

Post by Firepaw »

dioma wrote:
firepaw60 wrote:If you ask me, most of the donation pets are simply trophy pets. What other purpose do they have? Sure you can sell them, but you can sell real trophies (spelling?) as well :crazy:

Our nagas, rats or arkai don't serve a purpose either. If by purpose you mean breeding because I just like collecting.

P.s. my trophies have my name on it, I don't think anyone would buy them :t-shrug:
More trophies :t-shrug:
IDK, most of my creatures are trophies of some kind to me, and I rarely breed creatures unless they're rare, or hybids are possible. (and yeah, breeding is a purpose, no?) Although, I am hoping for a quest where our nagas become used, somehow...
As for your donis, they show you like this site, or their sprites enough to donate. :3

I bet they'd still buy them ^^ I really want a frozen hatchie, but I doubt I'll ever get one, as with the old CWs

Also, yep. Niwer doesn't allow recolors of her sprites (and neither does betty, should you wonder) so yep...

Image Image
AmarinRose
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by AmarinRose »

I lurv the temple kitties. :t-swoon: I am so pleased I joined *just* in time to buy one, and now I have a pair. That said I agree with...whoever, that a black recolor would be *gorgeous*. Maybe call it a...Wiccan Cat? A Druid Cat? (I can't really think of something that goes with Temple well...) A Dark Cat, to be bought from the Dark Brotherhood?

I also agree that we have a lot of cats, and new animals are cool, and like a rainbow turtle or snake would be awesome. Maybe a crystal-spine blowfish? A ferret! A sloth! A possum! But I think releasing new versions of the very first donis (so, CW, Temple Cats and Dragons) would be nice, because membership on MS has grown a *lot* since then.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I got 25 presents, thank you jpond, Tinatanos, himehana, Rhia, SkyeWyven and Anonymous! Wishlist

SIG SALES
2x Dawn Laika, 120k each. 3x SB House Muris, 70k each. 3x SB Yule Castor, 90k each. SB Female Kollinus, 170k. Bred Female Sintervos, 25k. 1st-gen Fem Light Atramentum, 150k. Streamborns, 400g. Pondborns, 3k. Potions, 300g.
PyroJack
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by PyroJack »

We don't need recolors/rereleases of every single donation pet. Not because of "declining monetary worth" or "perceived lack of trophy value" (breeding potions, when released, will help to do both quite nicely).

The question becomes, where do we draw the line? There will always be someone who didn't get a limited edition run creature, whether SB/GB/Donation, on a "first time out". If there are constantly recolors/rereleases of old donation pets, how would there be a release schedule for anything new? Make them slightly-tweaked Stream creatures (like the minicorns)? The same question would yet remain.

As much as I would like an "easier-to-get" Temple Cat myself, I'm going to have to take a firm "no" stance on this. I'd rather see more new creatures than reissues of the same old, same old.
Image Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Image

MegaTen
IGNs: JillYukimarimo, Ian`O`Rantan
WHITE KNIGHT CHRONICLES
IGNs: Dree-Elle, Keleth, Pyro Jack
Keolah
CreaturesTrade

Post by Keolah »

I don't want to see another "temple cat", because that's a specific kind of cat. I'd love to see more cats in general, though.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Community Discussion”