A forum for OOC threads

Moderator: Roleplay Stage Moderators

Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules
nyn
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Rift OoC

Post by nyn »

Yes finally, school's out, ring a bell ^-^. Omjay, let's start this roleplay :hooray:
Sorry about Jayce .-.". If I hadn't picked his kind of power, then we could've started by now ^-^".

@Neko: Aww :c. If you look on the bright side, at least unlike me, you're going to be doing something productive with your life x3. But good job, good job, on the mid-terms ^-^.
Yay, finally another person like me x3. Like usually, everyone's pretty chill and we're all friends with one another but there's this divide between girls and guys. The two sides do hang out, but I tend to be found more with the guy's ._.". Fortunately for me though, there aren't any nasty rumours x3. Though, I'm considered more of a guy than a girl now :lol: . But that's worth a price paying; cause you're right, it is fun with their perspective.

That's the complete opposite for me x3. Well, what characters excite me too, but I usually don't have to restrain myself cause I'm not that creative thus having about one or two in my head ^-^". I wonder how this'll affect me with my short story I have to write for English...Hmm, well, I can worry about that until the last day of break right.

o.o. You remember dreams? I don't really recall ever once remembering mine. I can now call you, the powerful mind. Or I'm just really weird and there's something wrong with my brain.

Anyhow x3, nope, that's not weird at all o.o. Or maybe we're both just weird but once a good triangle starts, it feels like, once you end it, everything kind of changes. Or I feel kind of disappointed as triangles end up starting to be the back-bone or comical part of the story. It kinda develops the character's too. Mhm, teamwork :3. It's better than those solo writer's minds.

Mmm, that's true. It's good that's how we're marked in the school system. Though, there is a fine line between trying harder and taking more risks, and trying harder and failing completely x3. In french, I tend up to be the latter. But it's okay, cause if I try hard enough, I can't fail too badly right :3. But maybe, I'm biased towards the korean team :derr: . I was really cheering for Kim Yuna because she was a reigning champion, and overall, she's really nice and she trains pretty hard everyday.

Aww, good-luck on this essay again <3. I bayleaf, haha.

@Dew: x3. I'm not sorry if that ruined your perspective of Sylveon :3. Just kiddin'. But yea, omjay, I can't deal with horror movies either. Especially like haunted dolls or little ghost girls like asdhaskdhaskha. Oh god. There was this one time, I was with friends and we were watching the Grudge, and I screamed...at the trailer. adaksdha. That was awkward x3. Mhm, Charmander's really cute. I feel bad for Bulbasaur though ._.". No one really chooses him because of Squirtle and Charmander.

Yea, but then again, everyone's kind of dissatisfied with their own lives for the majority of it. But roleplaying and creating stories allows you to escape and pretend to be someone else. But that's great to hear. Let's make four awesome lives together then :3. I mean, we're in essentially Hell, but what could possibly go wrong right ^-^.

Omjay, if you read it and like it, then I'll finally have met someone else that likes it too <3. Most of my classmates hated it but uhh, who cares about their opinions right x3. If you hate it, hmm..I never said anything about it >:3 . Aww, it's okay, as long as you loved and enjoyed reading it right. The people that use Sparknotes, psh, they're just getting information. They don't really delve deeper into the story and actually feel the emotions which you can't do with Sparknotes.

Okay, since it's the break, I'll head over to Chapters and pick it up x3.

@Zozzy: Welcome to the Rift Zozzy :3. That character though, like dayum. I feel so uncreative now. But then again, I felt so uncreative coming into this. Why is everybody so good at making backstories. C'mon guys, staph making me feel bad x3. But like Neko said, the development of Nicki and her powers are really well done :3.

DewDrop12
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by DewDrop12 »

GUYS GUYS GUYS WE'RE FINALLY STARTING SOON I'M SO EXCITED *PUNCHES WALL* I AM SO READY, MAN, I'M SO READY FOR THIS.
I mean, ahem, dear friends, the time to start has finally come upon us, and I am very much looking forward to roleplaying with all of you.

Zozzy: Hello! Welcome to the Rift! I'm DewDrop12, but you can call me Dew for short. c: I really like the picture you used in Nicki's form - she's so cute! ;u;

Neko: Just wanted to say, but literally the day you posted that your muse came back, mine did, too. o.O I hadn't touched my novel in a couple weeks, and I just wasn't feeling it, and the past week I've just been throwing up words on the page. So, I've no idea what kind of creative mind connection we have, but keep it up. :smirk:

My middle name is actually super short, in reality. Only three letters! You're making me blush, omg, I think I'd cry a few happy tears on the inside if you do. Trust me, no one's more excited than me to see what happens with him. :yey: I think his attribute has the potential to be incredibly broken (as in absurdly powerful), so I gotta keep him in check if it comes to that!

Also, I have some questions about the Rift, if you don't mind. Do characters still age in the Rift? Or are their bodies frozen in time? And if so, do they still need to eat, drink, sleep enough, get sick, etc.? Obviously they can die, but would finding food, water, staying warm, etc. need to be priorities so they don't die from those causes? And going off of that, are there even resources for water and food, or materials to build resources, such as clothing or shelter? I also wondering if there changes in environment, such as the forest vs. the mountains vs. tropical climate vs. temperate climate vs. changes in weather, and are there potentially any buildings or towns? Or is everything just kind of this bland, gray nothingness? Sorry for all the questions! :sweat:

Nyn: Nah, you didn't ruin Sylveon for me, no worries. ^^ I'm so weak against creepy dolls and little children in horror stories. T_T I think I've gotten better at handling horror as I've gotten older, but I think that's also because I only watch horror movies with friends. I actually went through a period from fifth grade up through seventh grade where I couldn't sleep without a nightlight and had a barrier of pillows and stuffed animals on my bed because I was terrified of the dark. Which is strange, now, because I need pitch black darkness to sleep. o.O I feel the same! I love all the first gen starters equally now, though.
nyn wrote:Yea, but then again, everyone's kind of dissatisfied with their own lives for the majority of it. But roleplaying and creating stories allows you to escape and pretend to be someone else.
Nyn, you are literally perfect. I want to hang this on my wall because it speaks to me. Like you have summed me up in two sentences and jadshfjakdsh SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS. Because I'm never going to be satisfied with my life, because I'll never go on an adventure. And heck yeah, let's do it. Let's roleplay Hell, and somehow drag our characters through it. :srs:

I promise to be open-minded when I read it, for you. I'm not too sure when I'll get to it, though, because I just put about ten books on hold to receive from my library, and I'm currently tackling The Host by Stephenie Meyer right now. I read too much a lot of young adult, so if you (or any of y'all) need book recommendations, hit me up, 'cause I'm a walking library. And yeah, Sparknotes definitely does not translate the sensation of having your heart ripped out when everyone you love dies.

Ah, yay! :O You've gotta tell me what you think when you're finished! (And it's totally cool if you absolutely hate it, just sayin'.)
Storyteller from the womb to the tomb. :cool:
Fang
RP moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Fang »

So I haven't read much of the conversation here (although I'm sure it's lovely!) but something caught my eyes that I had to comment on.

@Dew: I LOVE the little "Storyteller from the womb to the tomb" in your signature! XD When I read it I was like "Ah! It's too cute!" :t-swoon: I just had to tell you that. ^_^
+Good and evil are always at war inside you+
-That's rough, buddy-
\Eh, you've seen nothing once, you've seen it a thousand times/
#Down ya go#
>It's a giant mushroom... maybe it's FRIENDLY!<
|SECRET TUNNEL! SECRET TUNNEL!|
~I laugh at gravity all the time. Haha! Gravity~
Roseshine12
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Roseshine12 »

nyn wrote:Yea, but then again, everyone's kind of dissatisfied with their own lives for the majority of it. But roleplaying and creating stories allows you to escape and pretend to be someone else.
I haven't read anything entirely myself but this quote caught my eye and I have to say, extremely true for me! I don't like being single (#foreveralone) so I make it up with roleplaying relationships off the side of the main story. Of course, no good love story is good without a few small or big bumps in the road whether they be while the relationship is forming or while they're in a relationship. :3

And on a side note... *coughiloveyaoicough*

XD

And agreed Fang, I love that little tidbit in your siggy, Dew. :D
"Has fate been cruel to us? You may as well ask if fire is good or bad. Fate is like fire; it can shape us... or it can destroy us. All that matters is what you do with it."
~Lorewalker Cho from World of Warcraft

For those who wish to gift me, I have a wishlist on my profile page. :3
Fang
RP moderator
CreaturesTrade

Post by Fang »

Roseshine12 wrote:
I haven't read anything entirely myself but this quote caught my eye and I have to say, extremely true for me! I don't like being single (#foreveralone) so I make it up with roleplaying relationships off the side of the main story. Of course, no good love story is good without a few small or big bumps in the road whether they be while the relationship is forming or while they're in a relationship. :3

And on a side note... *coughiloveyaoicough*

XD

And agreed Fang, I love that little tidbit in your siggy, Dew. :D
I think we just became best friends.
-That's rough, buddy-
#Down ya go#
Roseshine12
CreaturesTrade

Post by Roseshine12 »

Ahahaha! I would love to call you a best friend, Fang. XD

*coughyaoiisbestcough* :lol:

Come to think of it, have you made any characters? I'm wanting to make a male and I didn't see any characters up on the character posts with your username so I was wondering if you have or are going to make any. :3
"Has fate been cruel to us? You may as well ask if fire is good or bad. Fate is like fire; it can shape us... or it can destroy us. All that matters is what you do with it."

Fang
RP moderator
CreaturesTrade

Post by Fang »

I've been working on them. XD I tend to be extremely slow lol. Mr. Parker is almost done. :yarly: He's turning out to be kind of a jerk, though. :lol:

I should have them both done in a couple hours. :D
-That's rough, buddy-
#Down ya go#
Roseshine12
CreaturesTrade

Post by Roseshine12 »

Awww, two? That kind of sucks. That means if I make my male, it'll be uneven. *pouts*

By the way, Neko, can I reserve the attribute of Space? I noted we have the Time attribute so I figured why not make its buddy opposite, Space? X3 When the time comes at least.

I even have what his smallest power would be which would be the ability to manipulate the space around him so that attacks against him miss by transporting the attacker to a different area when they hit his spatial shielding (though it would be closeby and he can't control when it happens either, it just does). He also wouldn't know his limit on such usage because usually when it happens, he's able to get away due to the attacker's confusion on what had just happened. He can't use it on anyone else though if he doesn't get along with the person.

I also figured out how he would have ended up with this for his power. Basically he would have met the Creator during a hard time in his life. He was living in a poorly built small apartment and barely getting by and he wished for him and his family to work their way up in the world to bigger and better things like bigger homes such as a mansion. Of course, his family manages to buy a mansion or two as they climb their way up the social ladder when his parents hit it big with the lottery only to fall when the company his parents worked so hard to build gained some enemies and he was nearly killed by murderers alongside his parents in their own mansion. The place was so big thankfully that he managed to get away because he had spent so much time exploring it. Of course he wished to turn back the hands of time for his family when he finds the Creator again because his parents were all he had so he begged them to be brought back... unfortunately this would send him to the Rift and because of his wish for more space and such earlier on, he was given the attribute of Space Manipulation.

I would go into more detail once I made my form but that's the basic concept. How do you like? I'm going to be making him when someone joins with one character to keep them even. :D Just thought I'd get some opinions ahead of time.

Fang
RP moderator
CreaturesTrade

Post by Fang »

Roseshine12 wrote:Awww, two? That kind of sucks. That means if I make my male, it'll be uneven. *pouts*
Well, the other one's a girl. XD
-That's rough, buddy-
#Down ya go#
Roseshine12
CreaturesTrade

Post by Roseshine12 »

Yea I figured as much. We'd still be uneven on characters at 11 characters in the roleplay. We currently have four females and four males. Your two would even it out to five females and five males. :/ That would make my guy oddball out. x3

By the way, would you guys mind me using this image? I noticed a lot of people in this roleplay are using more realistic pictures and I figured this anime-ish picture for him was realistic looking enough to use but I want everyone else's opinion:
Spoiler

Return to “Backstage”