Yarolds Welcome Magistream!!

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
DemonicJ
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Yarolds Welcome Magistream!!

Post by DemonicJ »

click the banner to join

The next lotto jackpot is due to go off in the next few days & it will be huge!! (thats free credits given to most members!!)

So make sure you have your links loaded & ready to go!

A number of dynasties have an open invite to magistream users. so once you have joined the site (click the banner) feel free to join any of the following dynasties.

The Mob
Wolfpack
World of Magic
MagiStreamers Delight
The Rambling Magis
Lonesome hen and eggs

your spoiled for choices!

Updated

Image Follow me on twitter for twitter clicks! https://twitter.com/DemonicJ1 Image
Yarolds Admin
Want to hatch faster?
Click banner to join!

Look me up over there
I'll hook you up in The Mob with a few credits ;)
yummyquik
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Location: Maccadam's Old Oil House, sub-level six on Cybertron's lower-east quadrant

Post by yummyquik »

I've got a question regarding...I guess you would call it, 'proper etiquette' when someone posts a link to an entire page or profile instead of the individual pet/item to be clicked. I'm mostly talking about the Dragon Cave, Unicreatures and Umbria.

I have my Unicreature main page as a link, and I don't think people are clicking every pet shown. In fact, as I do watch my pets growth throughout the day, sometimes I don't think they click any of them and just waste my credits.

I usually take the time to click every egg or hatchling on the link pages that I click, but is it acceptable to just click only one pet to save time? The posters don't get charged for the additional pet clicks, just the original click, right?

What do you guys do?
* Image * Image * Image *
Buying Capricorns for my army. 1k each - PM me. * * * 13137/20000
ShenziSixaxis
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by ShenziSixaxis »

Quite frankly, I don't care. I'm clicking to earn myself credits, not help the other user(s). And with DC, a link to the user's scroll/profile works just as well as having a link to every growing dragon, IMO.
Azeekiyal
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Azeekiyal »

I can understand that frustration, but think about it from our end. When I snap-link 100 things at a time, with over 1000 links total, I don't want to sit and pick through them all just to find those two or three who expect me to do further clicking. That's why I turned that CARE thing off. Besides, it doesn't take much longer to put in each individual link, does it?
~PhloxImageImageImageImageImageHoarder~
ImageImage
bluebellrose
CreaturesTrade

Post by bluebellrose »

yummyquik wrote:I've got a question regarding...I guess you would call it, 'proper etiquette' when someone posts a link to an entire page or profile instead of the individual pet/item to be clicked. I'm mostly talking about the Dragon Cave, Unicreatures and Umbria.

I have my Unicreature main page as a link, and I don't think people are clicking every pet shown. In fact, as I do watch my pets growth throughout the day, sometimes I don't think they click any of them and just waste my credits.

I usually take the time to click every egg or hatchling on the link pages that I click, but is it acceptable to just click only one pet to save time? The posters don't get charged for the additional pet clicks, just the original click, right?

What do you guys do?
I just do one click per profile page for unicreatures, for dragcave. clicks when you have time is fine. Otherwise loading the scroll completely is enough to hatch the egg

ShenziSixaxis wrote:Quite frankly, I don't care. I'm clicking to earn myself credits, not help the other user(s). And with DC, a link to the user's scroll/profile works just as well as having a link to every growing dragon, IMO.
That is so totally wrong. It's a link exchange. We help other members with raising their pets, gain exp or whatever they need for their game. it's called a link exchange for a reason. We help others in their games and they help us back. It's called give and take.

Azeekiyal wrote:I can understand that frustration, but think about it from our end. When I snap-link 100 things at a time, with over 1000 links total, I don't want to sit and pick through them all just to find those two or three who expect me to do further clicking. That's why I turned that CARE thing off. Besides, it doesn't take much longer to put in each individual link, does it?
For some games like unicreatures a direct link would work better, but some games like dragcave, scroll link works better as it prevents click poison if linked directly.
Join Yarolds to raise your eggs fast! Join the MOB and be part of an awesome Team ! ImageImage
ShenziSixaxis
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by ShenziSixaxis »

bluebellrose wrote:
ShenziSixaxis wrote:Quite frankly, I don't care. I'm clicking to earn myself credits, not help the other user(s). And with DC, a link to the user's scroll/profile works just as well as having a link to every growing dragon, IMO.
That is so totally wrong. It's a link exchange. We help other members with raising their pets, gain exp or whatever they need for their game. it's called a link exchange for a reason. We help others in their games and they help us back. It's called give and take.
Which is what I'm doing. I'm basically giving a click to get a click. I help people by helping myself. :derp:
engelina
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by engelina »

Since i do not always have time to do the follow up clicks, i mostly have the HAT links turned off, Which means I can close all tabs i open without forgetting to follow up on someones link, and stealing their credits.

So if someone links to a magistream profile instead of the creature, i just assume its a creature link i can just close.. and thus Miss clicking on a creature for them accidentally.

For this site, i suggest to link to the creature you want grown, just like when you use a clicking forum, like in Reindeer Games here.

Dragcave only needs you to load the scroll page to give all growing dragons the needed view and unique view. Clicks are optional, and not needed to raise the dragons.

If i have hat on however, i do go trough each tab to see if a click is needed or not. If i encounter a profile, i have as a personal rule that i click one creature, nothing more.

Its called a link exchange. you want your creatures grown, and everyone else is there for the same reason. if people do not get their creatures grown, or the clicks for their games, they stop using Yarolds, which means less people to click and to click our links. Please do keep that in mind.
I use yarolds to raise my creatures: Link
Click here to go to Engelinas quicksale shop!
<3 ImageImage <3
yummyquik
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Location: Maccadam's Old Oil House, sub-level six on Cybertron's lower-east quadrant

Post by yummyquik »

bluebellrose wrote: For some games like unicreatures a direct link would work better, but some games like dragcave, scroll link works better as it prevents click poison if linked directly....
engelina wrote:...Dragcave only needs you to load the scroll page to give all growing dragons the needed view and unique view. Clicks are optional, and not needed to raise the dragons.
If i have hat on however, i do go trough each tab to see if a click is needed or not. If i encounter a profile, i have as a personal rule that i click one creature, nothing more....
>D I didn't know that about Dragon Cave. So, when my carpel tunnel is acting up, I won't feel guilty for not clicking all the dragons! (I don't know what click poison is.)
I do go through each tab looking for the CARE tests, but I do like your idea of just clicking one pet per profile.
Thanks for the tip.
* Image * Image * Image *
Buying Capricorns for my army. 1k each - PM me. * * * 13137/20000
bluebellrose
CreaturesTrade

Post by bluebellrose »

New changes! Due to an increase in max dyn size, the two biggest dynasties can now offer a home to new folks from ms and still have room leftover for returning folks. *winks at certain folks*
Join Yarolds to raise your eggs fast! Join the MOB and be part of an awesome Team ! ImageImage
Tinni
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tinni »

yummyquik wrote:
bluebellrose wrote: For some games like unicreatures a direct link would work better, but some games like dragcave, scroll link works better as it prevents click poison if linked directly....
engelina wrote:...Dragcave only needs you to load the scroll page to give all growing dragons the needed view and unique view. Clicks are optional, and not needed to raise the dragons.
If i have hat on however, i do go trough each tab to see if a click is needed or not. If i encounter a profile, i have as a personal rule that i click one creature, nothing more....
>D I didn't know that about Dragon Cave. So, when my carpel tunnel is acting up, I won't feel guilty for not clicking all the dragons! (I don't know what click poison is.)
I do go through each tab looking for the CARE tests, but I do like your idea of just clicking one pet per profile.
Thanks for the tip.
Sorry for the late reply.

Dragcave dragons grow with a combination of views, unique views and clicks. Too many clicks can in fact kill them, so letting the scroll load is enough for dragcave.
ImageImage
Spoiler
To Hatch only, please

Code: Select all

[url=http://magistream.com/creature/7891261][img]http://magistream.com/img/7891261.gif[/img][/url][url=http://magistream.com/creature/7891482][img]http://magistream.com/img/7891482.gif[/img][/url]
My MD Threads
Spoiler
Image[/center]

Return to “Community Discussion”