The Hobbit movie chat thread

Come here, take a break, chat with friends about anything and everything.

Did you read the book or see the lord of the rings moive?

Yes, I read The hobbit
25%
Yes, I read the Lord of the Rings
27%
Yes, I saw the lord of the rings movie
33%
Yes, I saw the animated The Hobbit movie
15%
No. What's a hobbit?
No votes

Total votes: 104

SmaugTheGolden
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Hobbit movie chat thread

Post by SmaugTheGolden »

Thylacina wrote:I never knew there was an animated movie of The Hobbit but we used to have an audio tape of it when I was little. I never listened to it but I think my older sisters did. I know my eldest sister has the book and the Lord Of The Rings series (which she reads often). Her eldest son has read the book too and he loves it. And whenever her kids empty the dishwasher they sing the 'Blunt the knives bend the forks' song :lol:
Me and my siblings sometimes sing that when we do the dishes, although I usually get yelled at for chucking silverware across the kitchen.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
*Feel free to mine in my keep, just stay out of my "You shall not pass" tab, please.*
PeachyImperfect
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by PeachyImperfect »

I watched the animated version several times when i was very little, and i loved it. i like to binge-watch the lotr movies all in one day, cant wait to do that w/the hobbit movies.

would anyone be interested in a livestreamed screening of the desolation of smaug the day before battle of the five armies releases? if ppl would actually come watch i could set something up where magistream ppl can come hang out and ill stream desolation of smaug.
im just a college kid cosmetology student who streams video games for a living Image
SmaugTheGolden
CreaturesTrade

Post by SmaugTheGolden »

PeachyImperfect wrote:I watched the animated version several times when i was very little, and i loved it. i like to binge-watch the lotr movies all in one day, cant wait to do that w/the hobbit movies.

would anyone be interested in a livestreamed screening of the desolation of smaug the day before battle of the five armies releases? if ppl would actually come watch i could set something up where magistream ppl can come hang out and ill stream desolation of smaug.
That would be awesome! If my time frame works out, I would totally come watch! :D

speaking of DoS, has anyone seen the extended edition? Peter Jackson cut some really great scenes, some being a lot like Tolkien described in the book.

My favorite cutscene:

*Feel free to mine in my keep, just stay out of my "You shall not pass" tab, please.*
PeachyImperfect
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by PeachyImperfect »

ill make a thread about it later, when i figure out how much free time i actually have.
im just a college kid cosmetology student who streams video games for a living Image
SmaugTheGolden
CreaturesTrade

Post by SmaugTheGolden »

Also just found out that Billy Boyd ( the actor who plays Pippin in Lord of the Rings) is doing the end-credits song for Battle of the Five Armies, its called 'The Last Goodbye'

very fitting song for the end of our middle-earth adventure. :t-cry:
NatasAisaka
CreaturesTrade

Post by NatasAisaka »

I hope I don't come across as a nerd, but Smaug from the animated movie back in the day taught me how to begin drawing dragons. I'd replay and watch the segments with him on it and sketch out some basic shapes and stuff like his face. Or his wings, those were a big favorite. I always thought his wings were really rad.
missshadedlove
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by missshadedlove »

I clicked yes for the first 3...I love them all and can't wait for the new movie.
ImageImageImageImageImage
SmaugTheGolden
CreaturesTrade

Post by SmaugTheGolden »

missshadedlove wrote:I clicked yes for the first 3...I love them all and can't wait for the new movie.
only 7 days to go! :woo: :woo: :woo:
NatasAisaka
CreaturesTrade

Post by NatasAisaka »

Ahhh, I wanted to go to see it on a date with my SO but we're so booked we might not get to see it. Sad..

If anybody goes to see it come back and tell me if it was amazing, please!
TheMysticFrog
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheMysticFrog »

I'm going to see the third part sometime soon! I'm so excited! :D Someone I know went to see it and said it was awesome. I don't doubt that because the first two parts were very exciting and full of adventure.

Edit: I went to see part three today! :woo: It was amazing. I didn't even feel the time go by as I was watching it because my eyes were glued to the screen the whole time.

Return to “Popsicle stand”