Pets

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

Eloranondra
CreaturesTrade

Re: Pets

Post by Eloranondra »

This morning it was to die for adorable! So this new cat Rogue won't shut up! Like ever last night!! There's a reason why I called Chit Chat, Chit Chat and if this kitten wasn't a kitten I would think I had brought Chit Chat himself into the house! Anyways around six I pick him up and put him on the shelf with water and cat food just to make sure he knew where it was at. Than I picked him up again and went to set him in the litter box. He was literally like noo! What are you doing to me? And immediately jumped out of the litter box I'd set him in, then he stopped for a second or two and turned around and jumped back into the litter box and started digging desperately! It was seriously the cutest thing in the world and sort of made up for keeping me awake with his vocal cords all night :) who else just loves cats?
MothballMilkshake
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by MothballMilkshake »

Cats are the most ridiculous but adorable animals haha. I can talk with friends about our cats for ages
ImageImage My babies thank you
ImageImageImage
Member of the Watershop. Shop price+300, I can get you your creatures! Creatures for sale in my extra and SALE tabs, PM me
cass9086
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by cass9086 »

I just wanted to comment on the wildcat part! I hope you mean getting a street cat and not an actually wildcat such as a jaguar or something. They're wild creatures that are meant to stay in the wild, not pets!!! I don't suggest taking them away from their natural habitat to fulfil entertainment needs. (Sorry im kinda very passionate about this planet and the animals in it)

Any ways, I'm more of a dog person because well they're more loving and nicer. I currently have a dog rn, i luv him hes so precious. Hes also popular LOL every time i go to a party people I don't even know ask me about my dog.

I love cats to though, sometimes. My cousin has two cats, one she brought in from the street so its not afraid of dogs or humans and is super friendly, and its baby is... well no one can touch her without have a scratched up bloodied hand :/

Cant wait till I become a vet, animals are so great <3
wishlist? any retired parentless creature ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Eloranondra
CreaturesTrade

Post by Eloranondra »

I'm sorry to hear you have a cat that doesn't let you touch her, I hope she becomes more comfortable around people soon. My dog is a really good dog. She can jump our fence at anytime but waits for our permission which I think is so cool!! and when I play fetch with her in the unfenced part of our yard it doesn't matter what passes down the street, people on horses, quads, walking their dogs, she won't chase them. She's very loyal. The problem is that I'm a cuddler, and cuddles to her means "oh she's paying attention to me! Time to get my ball!" So despite how much I love dogs I won't have more than one, I'm just not a good enough dog owner, I dread taking her out to play fetch with a tennis racket every day to wear her out. Cats are less maintenance. That's why I'm really enjoying this latest kitten Rogue, he's such the cuddler I've never had a more social cat! But I'll be the first to tell you, my allergies can't handle him. In the past three days my throat is completely raw from sleeping with my mouth open because of how stuffed up my nose has been, my eyes start watering or itching whenever I'm holding him, I just got out of a sneezing fit and I have a killer sinus headache that doesn't seem to want to go away. I mean nearly my entire family is allergic to cats but that's why we keep them around, because none of us are too allergic that we have to take medicine, the worst that's ever happened for me was I fell asleep for six hours with my head buried in the fur of my older cat Shadow and I woke up and had to wash my face immediately for my eyes to stop twitching or whatever they were doing, I don't know if it's the sand in Rogue's fur for having been wild just a few days ago or what, but it's a real bummer to me that even if we could afford another vet bill we still wouldn't be able to keep him:( but he is going to make someone a really amazing cat! Someone that doesn't have to start taking allergy medicine just to pet him,
Miwa
CreaturesTrade

Post by Miwa »

I feel like I'm the only one who isn't obsessed with cats. :/ I mean they're fine, but I just like other animals better. Namely dogs. I've had one of every animal and I'd rather have like a bunny or something than a cat, unless it was a certain type of cat. Personality wise I mean. I've been in love with dogs since forever, especially fluffy ones. I have an Aussie atm, and some spiders, fish and hamsters.
Eloranondra
CreaturesTrade

Post by Eloranondra »

Oh my gosh I have a bad tendency around rabbits to cuddle them and not give them back to their owner... My mother feels really bad for never getting me one. I just like to snuggle with animals, so dogs aren't ideal pets for me. I had a Chinese Water Dragon for a while until I went on vacation and started procrastinating calling the woman we got to watch him to tell her we were back in town, he was really personable and just wanted to be picked up all the time I felt bad for not wanting him that much and gave him away to this boy and his father who were obsessed with reptiles. I also kind of like tarantulas, but I have this weird phobia about small snakes and small spiders. The bigger they are the more I like this, but someone brought out a corn snake to show me and I screamed and jumped two feet back according to my extremely amused mother.

On another note my dog was the best doggie in the world yesterday! Oh my gosh I was so proud of her! A Mexican gentleman came by the house who I had never met so I had Eva (my short hair border collie looking mutt, she's a pound puppy so I'm not actually sure which breed she is) sit next to me when I opened the door. It turned out he got a package addressed to us in his mail so when I opened the screen door to take the package from him Eva walked outside, sniffed him and walked back in to sit next to me. I was bursting with pride!! She didn't even bark except to alert me that someone had knocked!! I love her I love her I love her so much! Dogs are amazing :)
BloodyPuppet
CreaturesTrade

Post by BloodyPuppet »

cass9086 wrote:
I love cats to though, sometimes. My cousin has two cats, one she brought in from the street so its not afraid of dogs or humans and is super friendly, and its baby is... well no one can touch her without have a scratched up bloodied hand :/
I can sympathize with this issue somewhat.
My family has been looking after my step sister's dog, 3-year-old a whippet mix, due to an apartment restriction and having been abandoned as a puppy this dog is aggressive towards strangers and apparently those who aren't constantly in our house.
When my friends first started coming around since her arrival last summer they were barked at, growled at and even at times nipped at. There was even a shirt ripping incident once and in some cases she'd have to know where they were at all times so would stalk them if they left the room.
Today, although she's met all of my friends at this point at least three times they still get barked and growled at upon their arrival. I'm forced to kennel her when they enter the house but after a few minutes she'll be alright with two out of three of them. A particular friend just can't seem to win her over likely due to having a kind of stressed, disliking vibe about her.
It can be frustrating to deal with especially when you add in our own dog, a beagle mix who is a little over a year younger. He copies her barking and growling though he actually loves people. Sometimes I feel like she is not a good influence.

Don't even get me started on these two dogs barking at almost anything that moves outside the windows. >_<
ImageImage
Karma13
CreaturesTrade

Post by Karma13 »

I've mostly had cats, but have recently got a dog.

Shadow:
A female black cat we found living under our deck and started feeding her. She was inside/outside for a few years before she disappeared for two weeks. We lost hope and thought she was gone for good. However, she turned up one day, limping terribly. The vet said she had some nerve damage and said amputation might be the best option, but she recovered nicely- surprising the vet. She was inside after that. She lived to be 13, we had her for 10 years. I miss her, and often wish to be able to pet her one last time. But I was grateful for the time I had with her and that she was able to have a good life.

Captain:
Named after my obsession with Captain Jack Sparrow, is an outdoor cat we currently have- again found living under our deck. He is so loveable- to me anyway. He's a tabby and likes to talk.

Lexi:
Oh dear, here we go. Lexi is our dog, who believes she is mostly cat, partly human, and barely dog. She's a White German Shepherd/Husky mix and is unusually tall, but skinny. She is beautiful- so many strangers have confirmed it. (Seriously, you need to find yourself a man/woman- walk her down the street). She's nervous around other dogs, because most of them have been snippy with her. She's super friendly towards people. Her mentality is mostly husky, so she's stubborn as a mule and does what SHE wants to do. She is very smart- too smart for her own good. An escape artist, who loves to play 'run away'. She has so many unique quirks, and I'm so happy she's a part of my life. She makes me smile every single day and I honestly don't know what I would do without her. I don't know how to upload a picture onto the forum- otherwise I would.
I will be forever grateful if you were to click my eggs
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Citrisoda
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Citrisoda »

I have two cats that are more than dear to me.

Tiuku, our first cat, has been living here since 2012, so she's already three years old. It's weird how the time flies by, it was just a moment ago when she was nothing but a tiny ball of fluff.
Tiuku doesn't talk too much, and when she does, she meows softly and hardly ever yells. She's a really docile cat and usually likes to be around people, even children. Sometimes she tends to hide, though. Tiuku is a peaceful cat that also enjoys being alone sometimes.

Alma is our second cat that we got around 2013, if I remember correctly. She's probably about two years old and has a wild personality. She usually likes to follow people and does it often, especially us family members. Alma has a quite loud voice and isn't afraid to use it. She's really talkative and meows a lot.
Even though Alma is usually a sweetheart, she tends to bite and claw sometimes. Luckily she doesn't do it too often.

I don't have any newer photos of my cats, but I guess a little older ones do well too. Those cats haven't changed too much over the years, so well. ~

I warn you about rather large images.
Spoiler
Here are a couple of pictures of Tiuku.

And here are a couple of pictures of Alma.

ImageImageImage
Toucannon
CreaturesTrade

Post by Toucannon »

I have two pets that are actually my own
we actually have tons of animals, but these are solely mine to care for :>
That's my bird, Miharu. He is such a sweety pie
My aunt showed up one day and asked me if I wanted some birds
I was like, lol yeah, sure?
One of them ended up getting out and she flew away while my aunt was transporting them here, so Miharu was the only one left.
He hated everybody at first, but now he begs for scritches, loves being pet, and only bites my enemies (lol)
He makes a bunch of random noises, but only returns a wolf whistle if you try to whistle to him. His owners must've not taught him very much from when he was little
He also loves my moms dog, which is hilarious, and the dog doesn't really mind him. She even plays with him sometimes.
He whistles and sings to her, and follows her around the house, it's really cute.

This is my cat, Crowly. He showed up on our porch about a week ago, and my brother went outside to see what was meowing out there, and the cat crawled up into his lap and started playing with him.
We later took him to the vet and found out he's a little over five months old, and he had worms.
He had obviously belonged to someone else before, but I'm guessing he was kicked out because he had worms and was probably crapping all over the place. The thing was skin and bones when we got him, but my mom works at the vet, so we got some worms medicine and some canned food with stomach medicine mixed into it from them for free, and he's slowly gaining wait and becoming healthy again.
He's really sweet and loves playing with everything, and he's real grabby with his paws. Whenever he's interested in anyone or anything, he reached out and tries to hold it in his paws, not letting it go. It's really cute haha

Return to “Hall of Speakers”