September Midmonth:#526 Caerulean Hammerhead

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: September Midmonth

Post by Revan »

Tis a shark.
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
Celery
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Celery »

cerulean hammerhead! o: a shark!
Image thank you, gifters!
Kizaru
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kizaru »

Sharks! Sharks!
We finally have some sharks!
:woo:
Image ---Image
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

I am eager to see what it looks like. This is the second variety of shark aside from the Ebbenes, yes?
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
xXAzerinXx
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by xXAzerinXx »

Caerulean Hammerhead

A small fin is starting to emerge from this leathery egg.

Caerulean hammerheads are unusually social for sharks, often seen swimming and even hunting in small groups. During the breeding season in the Callisto Islands, these sharks gather by the thousands to swim out to the seamounts further east, much to the dismay of local fishermen whom they rob along the way. Caerulean hammerheads can eat almost anything they come across, but they tend to be pickier outside of the breeding season, preferring stingrays and flounder on the seabed to free-swimming fishes. Though caerulean hammerheads do not appear to have magical abilities, their peculiar heads are loaded with sensitive nerves which can detect vibrations and signals in the water, allowing them to locate prey that is covered by sand. When hunting in groups, one shark will chase a fish into a small reef while the other sharks come upon it from the sides, trying to pin it down with their heads. No one is quite sure how such maneuvers are coordinated, for caerulean hammerheads don't make noise to communicate. Though not as dangerous as the larger species of sharks, fishermen know to treat them with respect, for a large hammerhead can easily topple a small fishing boat or tear netting to shreds in order to reach a fresh catch. At the Keep, hammerheads must be given saltwater pools, for they are sensitive to minute changes in salinity.
Away. );

Miss it here.
Thank you for everything.
</3

secret, much-needed vents:
Spoiler
how can I be true to you, when you're not true to me...

edit, 10/16:
I don't understand people who lie just to ****ing lie.

GPX+: Image
VDex: Image | Image
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

Revan wrote:I am eager to see what it looks like. This is the second variety of shark aside from the Ebbenes, yes?
Yes. Oooo...hammerhead shark....scary! :derr:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
MaighdeanDubh
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: September Midmonth:#526 Caerulean Hammerhead

Post by MaighdeanDubh »

I seriously need to get some shards so I can get some of these donation creatures...at least two of each >.>
Image Image Image Image Image Image () Image Image Image
Wishlist: Temple Cats, Caul Vaether, Solar/Lunar Fox, White male ice dragon, Male Ember/Female Fire Drake, Black/white keep rats, Argaent & Aerum kirins, Karadis Dragons, white/black Soladis swans
NyxNoire
Site Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by NyxNoire »

Female hatchling

Hatchling description:
When a young caerulean hammerhead hatches from its egg, it is ready to fend for itself. Even though help isn't needed, however, you find that it is still appreciated by the tiny pup. Your hatchling is barely the length of your arm and has some difficulty catching the small flatfish in the saltwater pool where you keep it. Whenever you visit, you bring it small pieces of fish from the kitchens, which the pup devours as soon as they hit the surface. You have to be careful about where you place your fingers, for the pup can be nippy and seems not to distinguish well between tasty fish and less tasty fingers. Aside from your fingers, though, it learns to recognize you very quickly, and often swims over as soon as you appear at the bank. You are unsure of whether the hatchling has memorized your face, or if it relies on other senses to detect your presence - even at a young age, hammerheads are sensitive to the slightest vibrations in the water, and their sense of smell is legendary. You suspect that it might just be swimming over to everyone who approaches in the hope of begging for scraps.
<3 Thank you so much for my pressies! <3
ImageImageImage
ImageImage ImageImageImage Image
yuniorzack
CreaturesTrade

Post by yuniorzack »

...these sharks gather by the thousands to swim out to the seamounts further east...
What? The? Fu?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Always Buying Avrael Hatchies, Pm Me.
Thanks to Everyone!!
NyxNoire
Site Moderator
CreaturesTrade

Post by NyxNoire »

A seamount is a mountain under the sea. http://www.whoi.edu/main/topic/seamounts
<3 Thank you so much for my pressies! <3
ImageImageImage
ImageImage ImageImageImage Image

Return to “Community Discussion”