Moderator: Roleplay Stage Moderators

Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules
NekoKyu
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Rift OoC

Post by NekoKyu »

I married one of my rp friends. :derp: Jokingly though, don't want confusion on there. :lol: Me and her are also twin sisters separated by a time traveling fisco who are destined to bring about the apocalypse should we ever meet irl. We're weird. :wat: Still, it's amazing the influence they have over our lives, even if we don't hear from them anymore. And ohh, you wouldn't believe the amount of unfinished stories and ideas I have on my computer. I'm always getting distracted by a new brain baby. Also, it's certainly nothing to be afraid of; it gives you a reason to upgrade old ideas and modernize them to your new skills. If anything, it shows your growth. :t-^_^:

@RiverHurt: Haydn you mean, I presume? Anyway, I'm just gonna cut the pictures down in size a bit and then add them. Thank you. ^_^

Also, I'm gonna try to avoid posting so much just in case it would scare of potential rpers from joining, but feel free to still respond to the thread. Image
Storytellers from the womb to the tomb :cool:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Standing on top of the world,
Who'd have ever thought that we would fall.

˙llɐɟ plnoʍ ǝʍ ʇɐɥʇ ʇɥƃnoɥʇ ɹǝʌǝ ǝʌɐɥ p,oɥʍ
`plɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ɟo doʇ uo ƃuıpuɐʇS
RiverHurt
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by RiverHurt »

Gah! Yes i mean Haydn too many rps >.< and okay ^^
NekoKyu
CreaturesTrade

Post by NekoKyu »

Update: I've made banners. ^.^ I'm hoping they'll help attract some people to join so we can get this show started. Hopefully they're appealing, and feel free to use them if you'd like. :bounce:

RiverHurt
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by RiverHurt »

Ill drag my friend into this ^^ ^<^
Roseshine12
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Roseshine12 »

Okay, I am loving this roleplay so far and from what I've read in the OOC, it seems like it will be very interesting although I do hope there will be drama-free moments. O_O Everyone needs a break after all now and then.

I have questions though and I was wondering if I could possibly use someone from a way earlier date in our timeline say... like Roman Empire times? I'm sure, after all, that they likely don't age in the Rift.

And if not Roman Empire times, what of World War 1 and/or 2 times?

I ask because I would like to give my character a presiding over the Nature element, the ability to help heal people little by little as if using the herbs of the world and that would honestly make more sense for the times to have been about Roman Empire times since I'm sure by World War 1 and 2 they were using non-herbal medicine.

Although I suppose this could also be from the times of America's first discovery and whatnot as well... that would also work in a way were she to be a Native American. I've got plenty of reasons though for all of the timelines mentioned so it's no worries if the earliest is not recommended though I would very much love for it to be Native American times when the English, French, and Spanish began their incursions on their lands.

I've even got a reason as to how they would 'discard their beliefs' if you would so that way I don't mess up anything on the Native Americans... and considering her time in the Rift, it's plausible she would with the different people she meets and the dreariness of the place.

But yes, these are my questions. So sorry for a long post like this. XD
"Has fate been cruel to us? You may as well ask if fire is good or bad. Fate is like fire; it can shape us... or it can destroy us. All that matters is what you do with it."
~Lorewalker Cho from World of Warcraft

For those who wish to gift me, I have a wishlist on my profile page. :3
NekoKyu
CreaturesTrade

Post by NekoKyu »

No worries Roseshine, and welcome! :lol:

I'll be added this to the FAQ now, but as of current I've decided that the roleplay has an obscure setting. I'm trying to avoid specifics to the real world, such as real people or events. Of course, I do allow things of a similar nature to the real world, such as species, technology, and even governmental structure. It real is only if something is specific like say a mention of Winnie the Pooh that I'm concerned about. Other than that, most everything is pretty open ended.

So I guess, if you want to create a character from a more ancient time, that is brilliant. Seriously, you can make every detail identical to the Roman Empire or Native American society, as long as it's not specifically named. As to the aging part, you can either choose to have your character dropped into the present Rift directly from his/her time or have them be trapped for centuries with no proof of aging. Though, I imagine you've already got plans in mind so do with that what you will. ^_^ Besides, since the Rift is without any structure, nothing really follows in a "timely" matter. Days could actually be years or seconds. :smirk:

Hope I was able to adequately answer your questions, but feel free to poke some more is you need more details and better explanation. I'm quite interested to see what sort of character you have in mind. :bounce:

Roseshine12
CreaturesTrade

Post by Roseshine12 »

Yay! I asked things that were importantly relevant. :splat:

Of course, I read about that myself and I meant since things would be similar, I would be leaving out the more little details of things hence why I would have her 'cast away her beliefs'. Her time in the Rift would end up feeling so short yet at the same time long. She would have no concept of anything in the Rift and she would have ended up feeling she spent enough time there that she would cast off her Native American beliefs because she realizes in the Rift, nothing cares what your beliefs and that are. The place is chaotic and ever changing and nothing, not even all the belief in your Gods and whatnot in the world, can change that.

Thanks so much for answering my questions by the way. I also hope the power I'm giving her is small enough because she'll be able to do more with it of course as she finds people but for now, she can only heal people like she's healing them with herbs but with her hands. I'll give more details I suppose at this point in her profile. If there's anything in need of fixing, I'm extremely sure you'll point it out to me. :lol:
"Has fate been cruel to us? You may as well ask if fire is good or bad. Fate is like fire; it can shape us... or it can destroy us. All that matters is what you do with it."

NekoKyu
CreaturesTrade

Post by NekoKyu »

That all seems perfectly fine. You certainly seem as if you've put a lot of detail, and so far it all sounds really exciting. And from what I can judge so far, her ability sounds acceptable. I can't tell for certain until I see her form of course, but so far I'm not too worried. ^_^ If I see anything I believe needs fixing than I shall mention it, but other than that have fun with it and I can't wait to see what you create! :roll:

Roseshine12
CreaturesTrade

Post by Roseshine12 »

I WARN YOU NOW....

This form is quite long. x3

Also she is done. *cheers!* :woo:

Username: Roseshine12
Name: Amadahy "Ama"
Spoiler
Age: Appeared age of seventeen (17). She technically though, of course, has no set age.
Appearance:
Personality: Amadahy means Forest River in her native tongue. Much like her name, she became gentle and kind, caring for the sick and injured like the forest does but when provoked could be a very fierce fighter like a raging river. She misses her life but at the same time doesn't. Because of her current living conditions, she has become almost something akin to a wild animal, wary of anything and everything, even people. She has learned much the hard way that things aren't always as they seem in the Rift and has changed herself from being reliant on others as a tribal woman to being able to interchange surviving with others and surviving on her own.

She tends to be able to take leadership roles in certain things, always standing up when need be but also knowing when to back down but at times, she can be stubborn about it very much if it involves an injured person(s) who might get injured more from what they were going to do. However, she is willing with compromises and even if someone says they're fine, she will be insistent and check them over anyway. Old habits die hard, even though her life turned into a living hell and then a living nightmare. Unfortunately she only knows her timeline so she can be quite naive or stupid when it comes to trying to help a person not from her own timeline. She never means to be and tends to sometimes hate herself for a time for making a person worse off.

She's not the average girl though, that's for sure. Due to her 'wild' upbringing, she's actually more fierce than most females of today's timeline can be, especially when fighting. She is usually calm and not easily swayed into attacking an opponent, whether to throw the first punch or become too engrossed in anger to be able to strategize and win a battle. She thinks things through, never rushes, always as patient as the herbs she worked with considering how slow they took to grow enough to use. That doesn't mean she doesn't have a fiery temper at times but she can contain it well.
History: Amadahy was born in the forest near a river by her mother and a midwife type person. Her mother had gone to get water when her own broke and she had the little girl then and there. Named also for where she was born, she would end up representing the name given to her quite well. Returning to her tribe, she was loved by them and little did she know as she grew older and understood the world more, how much of a hell it would be for you see, there wasn't only just her own tribe but other tribes and many times they would fight over certain 'rights' like game, land, shelter, and even sometimes the women, whom were then taught to be able to defend themselves as any mother bear would, their beliefs based strongly on the untamed wilds of the world.

As she grew up, she noticed death and war were going to be a constant in her life. Many times people were killed because they didn't have the supplies due to either night raids or the land they were pushed to being too barren. She didn't like death because it hurt people and she once experienced the death of a loved one; that being her mother, pregnant with her baby brother. She was being torn from the inside due to her kind nature and when she met the Creator, she revered him as any of her tribe would have done. Her tribe had told stories often about this gift of Sight and how the Creator would grant those who could see him a wish but that you would have to be as literal as possible, lest you end up with something going extremely wrong even though it would not be his intention. No idea of what lay ahead in the future for her and her lands, she wished from the Creator for no more death and little war between the tribes.

The Creator had been moved by how she had placed her wish, being as fluent with her words as a flowing river and as kind as the motherly forest in her wishes. Granting her her wish, she was granted the ability to be able to heal as any herb or herb mixture would without needing that herb and as many began to realize her gift the more she showed it, the less war and strife there was for indeed there was someone who cared for them and obviously did not wish these things on them. Things were peaceful and only deaths of old age or animal attacks were prominent. Few scuffles broke out and the land seemed in harmony. However... what little they realized was they weren't the only ones inhabiting this world.

After several years of this peace, people came, the white people, the white gods. They tried to turn them to their ways, proclaimed they had come from the Creator himself. This caused unrest within the tribes of the lands and many were not liking that it seemed their entire beliefs minus the Creator's were wrong. The tribes refused as a whole and this made the white men, the white gods angry. If they could not have this land peacefully, they would take it by force.

Storming the beaches with their huge ships and odd weapons, war and death became a constant again and no matter how much Amadahy tried, her powers were failing her as most of these wounds were unknown to her. Scared and frightened, torn apart inside once more but this time by the deaths of the people who had shared peace for so long, she just couldn't take the invaders anymore. She knew, though, she had had her chance at a wish and now it was blown. Upon finding the Creator, she asked for one last thing: to give her peace of mind and to take her away from the death and war and chaos.

Amadahy didn't leave much behind when she was then whisked off by the Creator, much to his sadness, to the Rift. Keeping her gift but feeling it to be very weak, she was surprised this was the place he would take her to. It felt like she had spent years upon years here yet at the same time it also only felt like she had been there a few days. There was no sense of time or order in the Rift and, as she began to stay alive longer and longer inside the Rift, she began to realize, no help would come to her, no amount of praying would wish this away and into order. This world was chaotic, nothing was as it seemed, things she knew from her reality were ripped to shreds in some instances, tearing apart the orderly existence she once lived. She learned here there was only one way to get help and that was by relying upon yourself at even the best of times.

Amadahy has met others in the Rift, don't get her wrong. However, they have all succumbed to it at some point or wouldn't listen to what she had to say. She had noticed how her powers were at their strongest when she was friends with someone but without a person, they were practically useless. She's still extremely confused, wearing the same clothes over that never seem to stay teared or dirty, on the fact that no one from her timeline is here but that other people from the future and even further in the past are here. It is a very confusing concept for her but she's learned to cope with things as they come because she has learned that, in the Rift, nothing is ever a constant.
Attribute: Nature
Ability: Healing minor wounds and infections over time as if healing them with herbs.
Other: Amadahy has the ability to cure most anything that can be cured by herbal remedies but it is slow and happens over time. However, she cannot do things like mending an eye anew to be able to see again or things like that. They will heal as they would naturally with the slightly sped up helping process of herbs that would keep the wounds clean and them from feeling the worse symptoms or pain until they got over it or it healed.

For now, she can only cleanse small infections over time and heal the more smaller wounds that aren't all OMG BLOOD POOL sort of thing. There are things like bullet wounds she wouldn't know how to treat since there were no such things as guns whatsoever from what she knew but give her a small slice wound or shallow stab or a slightly reddened or pussy infection around a wound, she'll be able to heal it over time. She can also make people's pain subside for short times as well. The one thing that irks her is she can't use it on herself but she's been doing well enough without being able to and has become stronger for it.

Also, Amadahy does not have any 'surnames' or 'last names' because her people never did such things, forced to have surnames/last names in order to be made a citizen of the 'new world'.

Also I actually choose her picture because it looked really cool, almost as if she's looking back on her memories of good times and watching over everything from where she is even though she can't. I just thought it was kind of really representational. :)

NekoKyu
CreaturesTrade

Post by NekoKyu »

Psh. I actually shortened my original forms cause I was afraid people would be put of by the chunks of detail in them :lol: So long forms are no problem. <3

The lack of surname is fine, especially since there's a logical explanation for it. I love logical reason. xD I too also love representational pics for my charries~ I'll spend hours finding their perfect look. She looks great; Ama's accepted. :italian: If you don't mind, I may make a few very tiny itsy bity changes in the form when I edit in (minor, as in little asides that won't change any of your creation, promise) only for aesthetic reasons. Your form is still great though so don't worry. And welcome to the Rift. :wave:

Now your stuck here :omg:

Return to “Backstage”