Unscripted Backstage

A forum for OOC threads

Moderator: Roleplay Stage Moderators

Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules
SapphireHeart
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Unscripted Backstage

Post by SapphireHeart »

In a shocking turn of events, I have some questions.
Duragi wrote: I was thinking of dividing the rp into two parts. This one, which we're currently doing, is part one. It's meant to break in our characters, so we know the roles they play. Establish relationships, alliances in the world and such. As well as allowing us to get to know the world.
After an event that lets our characters know exactly where they stand in terms of strength, they go off and train. this would mark the end of the rp.
I would then make a second rp, in which some time has passed. They reunite, significantly stronger from training (Which would need to be discussed. Later on, towards the end, after we establish friends and foes). It is in this one they actively seek to defeat Author.
I'd stay for this, but I don't see the point of splitting the roleplay into two parts - why not make it one long roleplay?

Duragi wrote:After an event that lets our characters know exactly where they stand in terms of strength, they go off and train.
What, like they get curbstomped by one of Author's minions? Training with whom? What sort of training? Magical or combat, or both? Will they be trained at some sort of school, or each by their own mentor? (A school-type setting would definitely be fun, but it would also be interesting to play each other's mentors, I think).
Also, you never explained how it is that gods are killed. That's helpful information. I think it should be a multi-step process, personally. Makes the roleplay longer, and more interesting.

And by the way, this is probably my last post for a while. I'll be able to read everyone else's replies, though, but I probably won't have time to answer.
Duragi
CreaturesTrade

Post by Duragi »

SapphireHeart wrote:In a shocking turn of events, I have some questions.
Duragi wrote: I was thinking of dividing the rp into two parts. This one, which we're currently doing, is part one. It's meant to break in our characters, so we know the roles they play. Establish relationships, alliances in the world and such. As well as allowing us to get to know the world.
After an event that lets our characters know exactly where they stand in terms of strength, they go off and train. this would mark the end of the rp.
I would then make a second rp, in which some time has passed. They reunite, significantly stronger from training (Which would need to be discussed. Later on, towards the end, after we establish friends and foes). It is in this one they actively seek to defeat Author.
I'd stay for this, but I don't see the point of splitting the roleplay into two parts - why not make it one long roleplay?
I was thinking, for the sake of organization. Though, you're right, it doesn't need to be two. It is still one linear story, so it makes no difference ether way.
I do want to skip over the training in the form of the timeskip. Simply for the sake of, this is gonna be years long training.

SapphireHeart wrote:
Duragi wrote:After an event that lets our characters know exactly where they stand in terms of strength, they go off and train.
What, like they get curbstomped by one of Author's minions? Training with whom? What sort of training? Magical or combat, or both? Will they be trained at some sort of school, or each by their own mentor? (A school-type setting would definitely be fun, but it would also be interesting to play each other's mentors, I think).
Also, you never explained how it is that gods are killed. That's helpful information. I think it should be a multi-step process, personally. Makes the roleplay longer, and more interesting.

And by the way, this is probably my last post for a while. I'll be able to read everyone else's replies, though, but I probably won't have time to answer.
An event that makes them realize they have no chance unless they train.
Training with one of the groups they encounter on their journey. There are other groups in the world. Guilds, etc. Depending on interactions, they may choose to ally themselves with you. Thus, depending on what you decide to do, your training will differ. For example, if one of you decides to go to the mages guild, that person will get significantly better at magic. If someone joins a band of pirates, they get better at combat, be it weapon or lesser magic combat. There are other, reputation based benefits.

God killing is definitely multi step. You'll have to take away advantages Author can call on, such as the Goma. You'll have to shake up the world, as well. Put Fate in a flux. Though, that's later on.

This is definitely gonna be a long rp (provided we keep activity up). Just warning everyone.
Kaidakuma
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kaidakuma »

Whooo!!! I have no problem at all with long roleplays.
Find my Art blog here! I do commissions!
ThroughFireandBlood
CreaturesTrade

Post by ThroughFireandBlood »

Yeah, I love it when role playing lasts a while
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage
SapphireHeart
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by SapphireHeart »

I'm still here! I just don't have anything to say. Waiting for other people to reply and move the current conversation along. If no one replies in a couple more days then I suppose I could scrape a post together.
Duragi
CreaturesTrade

Post by Duragi »

Yes, hoping to at least reach a begrudging consensus.
umbreon241
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by umbreon241 »

I'll reply eventually, I swear. >.<
Busy with school but you can find ways to contact me on my profile if you need to reach me. ^_^

Feel free to call me Umbry! :bounce:
Kaidakuma
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kaidakuma »

I've been itching to reply for a while now but it's been tough, with exams and what not, I've been swamped. Unfortunately with that being said I'm still not that free yet, graduation from high school is tomorrow with prom the next day. I won't be able to post until after then. Sorry about that.
Find my Art blog here! I do commissions!
ThroughFireandBlood
CreaturesTrade

Post by ThroughFireandBlood »

I am constantly surprised with how late some people finish schooling. I hope you have fun at prom Kaida!
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Duragi
CreaturesTrade

Post by Duragi »

Spring semester in college ended a while ago, like in march. So, I am also surprised XD

Schools should be out within a few days, if I'm not mistaken?

Then maybe we'll get back on track. It's good we're at a point where it's acceptable to go slow.

Return to “Backstage”