Goldmining is causing the lag, and must stop

Learn about the latest updates here.
MothballMilkshake
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: Goldmining is causing the lag, and must stop

Post by MothballMilkshake »

The site was working perfectly for me last night (About 5-9pm Australian time) but as that's the very wee AM hours for you US-ians I think I will just have to deal with the site being dog in my mornings
ImageImage My babies thank you
ImageImageImage
Member of the Watershop. Shop price+300, I can get you your creatures! Creatures for sale in my extra and SALE tabs, PM me
Tulcadhiel
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tulcadhiel »

Hey so is anyone else getting pretty bad lag doing anything on Magistream?

It legit takes almost a minute to load when I click on something but everything was fine yesterday and early Wednesday morning.
I'm not sure if someone is goldmining or something but Magistream is the only thing lagging on my end.

✴︎ * Image Happy Holidays & Joyous Solstice! Image * ✳︎
Thank you for all the lovely gifts!!! I will cherish them!!!

✳︎ * ✦ Obsidian Arts - CLOSED ✴︎ ✦ *
Ribbonchan
An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ribbonchan »

Tulcadhiel wrote: October 25th, 2023, 7:26:58 pm Hey so is anyone else getting pretty bad lag doing anything on Magistream?

It legit takes almost a minute to load when I click on something but everything was fine yesterday and early Wednesday morning.
I'm not sure if someone is goldmining or something but Magistream is the only thing lagging on my end.

Same here. Even the act of trying to switch tabs so I can monitor which new creatures need mates has become excruciatingly slow. Everything else, like my Flowergame and Chicken Smoothie tabs load in a snap, so I have reason to believe it's on Magistream's end...
~~~A young magi sits in a glade, passed out asleep. She has a bunch of eggs and sleeping hatchlings scattered around her, one in her arms. There's a note that says "you're free to hold my eggs and hatchlings a while but my kitsune is watching you. don't steal them, you'll regret it."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My Wishlist
~~~
Pallastronomy
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Pallastronomy »

Things seem to have eased up a bit for now, much faster loading times
Will try my best to return any clicks!
Gender Swaps

My about me is still pretty accurate as far as wishlists go, but here is my wishlist of what individual creatures I’m currently prioritizing most/other specifics!
25/25 gifts! Thank you so much!
Pounces
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Pounces »

Tulcadhiel wrote: October 25th, 2023, 7:26:58 pm Hey so is anyone else getting pretty bad lag doing anything on Magistream?

It's been terrible today. =/ I tried doing the image free nursery earlier today, amd bogged down my computer so I stopped pretty quickly, and just concentrated on sending gifts. Even that was painfully slow load screens though.
<3 Wishlist: any older, bred event creatures would be amazing! <3
Missed Sea Bunnies, and I'd love ANY Crystalwing
(Despite year joined that shows, I just started Sept 2023)
┍━━━━━»•» ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ 🌺 ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ «•«━┑
<3 We love clicks too! Please help us grow <3
ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ
Image ImageImage

ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ
ImageImageImageImage
┕━»•» ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ 🌺 ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ «•«━━━━━┙
Ribbonchan
An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ribbonchan »

It's still awful for me, I can't even grab any eggs because the moment that the request goes through, someone's already grabbed them.

And no, it's not my connection. Still awful on my phone's LTE too.
~~~A young magi sits in a glade, passed out asleep. She has a bunch of eggs and sleeping hatchlings scattered around her, one in her arms. There's a note that says "you're free to hold my eggs and hatchlings a while but my kitsune is watching you. don't steal them, you'll regret it."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My Wishlist
~~~
Shakura
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Shakura »

Whoever was dragging down the site has just shut down their PC for the night, it's faster again now as of 10:15am European time (4am US east coast/2am west coast).
It was still unbearably slow 10 minutes ago.
Last edited by Shakura on October 26th, 2023, 4:26:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageI love Birds!Image <3 (( Quicksale / Shop ))
Looking for Gender Swaps of many Shop Creatures!
View my Profile for a List of all Magistream Birds! (WISHLIST!)
kunigund
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by kunigund »

I noticed the same.
BeeNme
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by BeeNme »

Shakura wrote: October 26th, 2023, 4:21:39 am Whoever was dragging down the site has just shut down their PC for the night, it's faster again now as of 10:15am European time (2am US east coast).
It was still unbearably slow 10 minutes ago.
yes, but it's 4 am Eastern US time, not 2
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wishlist:
Spoiler
Tanzanite Gemstone Kirin, White Cukurba, Catalana Dismot, White or Piebald Cervinus Deer, Angora Jackalope, Ouranian Koi, Arkenian Sakeira, winged cats
Dream creatures: Silver Alicanto, Calico Tienko
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

I'm checking into things right now to see what was causing the lag. It may be goldmining, but it may also be the re-enabled trades. D:

Unfortunately the lagging started and was going on during my night time, so I wasn't able to be around right when it was going on. Hopefully I can get to the bottom of it nevertheless.

As a comment to the "disable gold from adults": we'll probably do this at some point. However, if a person is goldmining and hasn't seen the announcement in this thread, it is very likely they will not notice that adults no longer give gold, but may wonder why they aren't gaining that much gold anymore, thus making them mine even more. So even if we removed gold gain from adults it doesn't automatically mean people wouldn't mine. :crazy:

Return to “Site News”