Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules
Fang
RP moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Rift OoC

Post by Fang »

I lied and I feel terrible. T_T Things got crazy today and so I'm not going to make any promises for tomorrow (I have another show) or Sunday (which is Mother's Day) but Monday for sure. Although I will try valiantly both tomorrow and Sunday if need be. I won't let you down friends!
+Good and evil are always at war inside you+
-That's rough, buddy-
\Eh, you've seen nothing once, you've seen it a thousand times/
#Down ya go#
>It's a giant mushroom... maybe it's FRIENDLY!<
|SECRET TUNNEL! SECRET TUNNEL!|
~I laugh at gravity all the time. Haha! Gravity~
NekoKyu
CreaturesTrade

Post by NekoKyu »

Hello all, I am officially on summer break. :3 Although I still have work (and this heat is just god awful), but that's one less thing to handle! :yey: I want to give everyone else a chance to post before I respond first though, but I should have something up by the end of this week.

@Roseshine: I know exactly what you mean about the puzzles. I'm the kind of person who will get stuck on the first puzzle, and yet the last puzzle is an absolute breeze to me. I also absolutely love GLaDOS though, so that helps.

I know that lazy feeling. All I want to do is lay underneath a fan with a cold glass of chocolate milk to keep me cool.

That surely would be an interesting concept to seen played out. :orly:

Oh no, I understood completely what you meant. What I was saying was that, although it could be seen as logical for characters to only rewind to the age when the first entered the Rift, my writing style would instead have them keep rewinding until the disappear. Because, to my mind, the way to survive in the Rift is to adapt. And if someone doesn't adapt fast enough, the idea that the could essentially fix their mistakes and go back to a safe time for themselves defeats the whole purpose. Not only that, but I see the Rift as less of a place where the characters are suddenly "born into" (for lack of a better word) at X age, and more as a place that removes their entire existence from reality. So their entire life exists there because removing only the age when they wished still leaves the Creator a bunch of loose ends (can't have missing person reports running around). I don't think that explains it very well, but I just see the Rift as not being able to distinguish between the age that the character was banished and any age before that because they still exist inside the Rift. Which is why, while I see how placing a age cap would be reasonable, I would have to say no because it doesn't fit into my definition of the Rift. Hopefully at least some of that has some sort of semblance of sense.
Storytellers from the womb to the tomb :cool:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Standing on top of the world,
Who'd have ever thought that we would fall.

˙llɐɟ plnoʍ ǝʍ ʇɐɥʇ ʇɥƃnoɥʇ ɹǝʌǝ ǝʌɐɥ p,oɥʍ
`plɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ɟo doʇ uo ƃuıpuɐʇS
DewDrop12
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by DewDrop12 »

Finally returning to the land of the living! My AP testing period ending up extending an extra week because I got sick (and still am! Yay 16 days of illness. :derp:), but now I am past that and caught up in school and now it's smooth sailing to finals.

(Also note that I've had some of this typed up for weeks, so it may be slightly outdated, somehow?)

@Zozzy: Bro, don't even worry about it. Real life comes first and foremost, and everyone here understands that. Besides, I think we're all a little slow with posting, anyhow, because real life keeps each of us so busy. We're all moving at about the same pace, so you're fine. ^_^

@Nyn: I tried to read the GoT books about two years ago. Couldn't do it. :derp: I wasn't up to the reading level at that point, so I'm hoping to tackle them this summer, because I feel I've improved in both reading and maturity since then. And the show is fantastic, man. It's the best show I've ever watched (and my second favorite after Lost), so I definitely recommend watching it. And from what I've heard from my dad, who's read the books, it does a great job following the original storyline, for the most part. :3

Hey, I'm the same way! :yey: I'm not a go-in-public-by-myself kinda person, either. And no, liking little kid movies isn't weird at all! I quite enjoy watching kid movies, though I usually catch them on cable, because I don't have enough drive (or money) to see them in the theaters.

My younger sister is 11, and she is awfully lazy, too. :derp: My parents are starting to push her to become a little more independent, luckily, but it's few and far between. She leaves dishes and clothes everywhere, never cleans up after herself, and I'm left to clean up her messes. u.u I'm kinda jealous, though, that you have good guy friends! I have...one? Maybe two? Image I mean I can usually strike up conversation with my seat buddies and such, but I don't really have any male friends I talk to outside of school. Idk, I'm pretty friendly with everyone, but I seem to only have girl friends. *Shrugs*
nyn wrote:But yea, stuff that is scary is really fun until it's ended and you're alone in the dark. Just thinking about it. Alone. x3.
And THAT, my friend, is why I do not watch scary movies unless it is at a sleepover with my friends, because then they can protect me. Image

Omg, no, me too, I feel you. ;n; I kind of have a feeling Nox with come back in somewhere, though, because otherwise it would just be a waste of a good character that really didn't do much. I'm hoping Celaenia gets better in book three...like A LOT better. I want more badassery from her, not hair-twirling. ._. And:
nyn wrote:Dorain in that battle though. Main love interest. Does absolutely nothing but sit there and have inner conflicts. Meanwhile, Chaol is actually trying to help her.
THANK YOU.
Also, I'm not sure if you've read book two yet, at the time of this reply, so you gotta tell me what you think when you do/if you already have. :3

@Neko: I used to love that song as a kid, because my mom played it all the time. Image

I totally did not reach my baby goal. ._. I crashed and burned at the end of the month with...6k words, I think? Not even that? Meanwhile my irl friend wrote 30k by mid-month and finished her novel. I've honestly wrote next to nothing the past two months for my novel, because I've been so busy. ;n; How about you? Did you reach your Camp NaNo goal?

I think we should visit a tropical island and ride whales for our honeymoon. Image (And yes, abusing smilies, I don't care, I love it.)
Storyteller from the womb to the tomb. :cool:
NekoKyu
CreaturesTrade

Post by NekoKyu »

Hey guys, so I'm reopening slots in the roleplay without restrictions, as an attempt to help interject some life back into the roleplay.

In inclusion, I am also placing inactive players in a standby mode. It's nothing bad, merely that I've noticed some users have not logged in for some time. So instead of removing their characters completely, I'm putting their characters aside. That way, the roleplay can continue onward, but should the users ever return and want to rejoin then they can simply jump right back in as they see fit. Of course, I need the think of a name for the list of inactive characters. So I ask you guys! Should the list be called "Inactive", "Standby", or "Limbo"?

@Dew: My family used to sing it as loud as possible to the stereo during our annual roadtrips to Grandma's house in Arizona. Fun life. :cool:

I'm impressed, your friend did well. But nah, same here. I crashed and burned as well, didn't even break 10k. I'm same as you, hardly have had anytime to write at all. x( I'm hoping that'll be different though, now that I'm on break. I always write slowest when I'm in the midst of restarting as it is anyway, but at the same time my first chapters have improved substantially! XD

Yes, we shall! Come my love, away to our whales! :bounce: (It's a wonderful addiction, isn't it?. :t-X3: )

Fang
RP moderator
CreaturesTrade

Post by Fang »

Okay, I'm the worst person ever, I know. But I have significantly more free time right now than I've had in a while so I will be posting very soon, I promise! (And I swear I won't break it this time!)

But Neko, you wouldn't happen to have my forms would you? Because I noticed they're not up and I can't recall if I sent them to you or posted them here. I'll look here, though, now that I think of it. I just need a refresher.
-That's rough, buddy-
#Down ya go#
NekoKyu
CreaturesTrade

Post by NekoKyu »

I have them, don't worry. ^_^ They're still here, I guess I accidentally saved it instead of posting though. x( I'll go fix that right now for you, then it should all be right as rain.

And just like that, it's done! :3

Fang
RP moderator
CreaturesTrade

Post by Fang »

Thank you! ^_^ I should have plenty of time tomorrow afternoon for my homework as well as a post! :D
-That's rough, buddy-
#Down ya go#
CrowMercury
CreaturesTrade

Post by CrowMercury »

There is still place in this? I know I'm fairly new to the forum, but I'm used to this type of RP and the story seems interesting, so I want to try make a character.
NekoKyu
CreaturesTrade

Post by NekoKyu »

Welcome CrowMercury, and thank you very much! ^_^ We are still accepting, if you are interested.

nyn
CreaturesTrade

Post by nyn »

Sorry I just kind of..died :t-sweat: . School's been pretty hectic for me. Oh well, 4 more weeks and I'm done :t-bipolar:

@DewDrop: o.o. Maturity? What. When I imagine you in real life, I imagine you as this really pretty and sophisticated person. Or maybe I'm just weird .-., haha. Anyhow, I'll definetly give it a try. Right now, I'm watching Criminal Minds. I'm pretty behind since I don't usually watch T.V. all the much but x3. Nine seasons though ._.". Not sure if I should just start from Season 9 or start all the way from the beginning, haha.

You're so lucky ;-;. My little brother is still being treated as the King of the House. Except now he's more annoying as he comes into my room all the time and won't leave. He's even got excuses to come in here because my parents tell him to. He can't handle the dark and he's scared to be alone in a room...at eleven years of age. /.rant.

I'm the exact opposite of you x3. I don't really have much girl friends :/. I do have one or two really close ones but..I just feel self conscious around other girls? I feel like I'm being judged all the time to them. Better to be considered a guy than a girl I guess. But I'm curling my hair for the first time ever in like 5 days <3. Not sure if I'll end up burning myself and my hair or...But I feel strangely feminine. Hmm. This is actually kind of scary for me x3.

I envy you. I haven't been to a sleepover since I was seven. But that was around the time I "lost my inner girl". Since I'm watching Mulan right now. "I can never be a perfect daughter. Can it be, I was never meant to play this part?". Anyhow, my guy friends have sleepovers all the time but I'm still a girl x3. I still have limits and lines..I think, x3.

Omaigosh. I did read the second book <3. It was a lot better than the first book. I feel kind of bad for Dorian and I had hoped he and Nehemia would end up together. Both of them could have changed the world. But then again, Nehemia would've been the main character if that happened. But damn. Archer...just no.

@Neko: Late but thank-you <3.
Yeah, that's true. Still fun though, haha. One day, they're young and the next day, they're in a 70 year old body. Not sure if the mind would mature that fast but they'd probably be extremely confused or at the very least turn psychotic. At least in my opinion. Maybe that's just what I'd do, haha.

Ehh..Actually, about that. We kind of made up? But it's a little awkward between us right now. I've gotten closer to the guy she liked/likes? I kind of made myself distant from my guy friend that she did admire. It's supposed to be girl friends over guys right? But now, I think she may like someone else so I'm pretty close to him again. But since we're awkward, I'm not sure exactly and aksdhaskdhas. So confusing.

Mhm. That was me during my final exam in language arts. I chose to do a short story and we got to discuss for 5 minutes about the topic until we had to write. It turns out that what I was going to do, a person was going to do almost the exact same thing .-.. Good thing they let us discuss first right? x3. Nah, you're not a weirdo. if you are, that means I'm psychotic. For the original short story, it turned out pretty well. I scored an 86%. Not bad, haha.

Interesting thought. Just because underdogs are cool, let's say that we are.

@CrowMercury: Welcome to the forums :3. I can't wait to meet your character ^-^.

Return to “Backstage”