Moderator: Roleplay Stage Moderators

Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules
NekoKyu
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Red String Remake OoC

Post by NekoKyu »

I'm like the opposite, bugs absolutely hate me, which I'm totally cool with. Just out of nowhere I started getting completely feasted upon though, I had gained 60 bites total in just one week. For the longest time we thought it was fleas so we were setting of flea bombs like all the time, but it turns out that it's something much worse than fleas. :headdesk:

Guess that's the next mission then. xD Should I start him off working, or would you prefer to give them a day or so before meeting?

I actually read up on Hephaestus a few months back so I can totally do this. :cool: Okay, so after Zeus "birthed" Athena, Hera got mad being the goddess of childbirth and all. (Granted, some myths portray Hephaestus as older than Athena, but eh, mythology has so much conflicting information.) First the guy forces her to marry him, cheats on the goddess of marriage at every opportunity, and now he has a child without a woman??? Angry, she decides to have a child without a man, and outcomes Hephaestus. Embarrassed, ashamed, and frustrated, she does indeed toss him off the mountain which cripples him. He is then raised by Thetis, and when he becomes older he builds a golden throne as a gift for Hera. It turns out to be a trap, when she suddenly finds herself chained to it. With no one unable to break her free, Zeus offers a proclamation: He who frees Hera can marry Aphrodite. Now Aphrodite was forbidden from getting married, as the gods feared a war might break out for her affection. Despite this, she was in a secret relationship with Ares (interesting detail, a lot of the earlier myths I've read portray her as faithful to Ares). So of course, when she heard Zeus' announcement, she immediately got excited and agreed to Zeus' plan because she believed that she and Ares could finally marry. Ares choose to fight Hephaestus and force him to free Hera, but Ares was unfortunately defeated. Dionysus, who was said to want to marry Aphrodite as well, choose a different route. Realizing he had no chance of overpowering Hephaestus if Ares couldn't, he convinced Hephaestus to free Hera and take Aphrodite for himself. This has some pretty unfortunate present day implications (which makes it all the more interesting when you realize that real life rape victims will sometimes become more promiscuous as a way of coping, as a way to convince themselves that it somehow didn't mean anything to them. So maybe that explains Aphrodite's later promiscuity?). Anyway, so when Hephaestus learns of Aphrodite cheating on him, he gets angry, traps her and Ares, drags her in front of everyone and starts insulting her in front of all the gods. The public humiliation was particularly painful to read, but it still gets worse from there. Hephaestus apparently goes on to try to rape Athena, only to accidentally impregnate Gaia, got into a few fights here and there, and then found a new wife. Despite being happily married though, he still felt the need to punish Aphrodite. He did so in the worst possible way though, by instead tormenting her children and grandchildren. Harmonia, Aphrodite and Ares' daughter, was to be getting married. So Hephaestus made her a gift, a beautiful golden necklace. Aphrodite thought he sent it as a symbol that he were finally accepting all that had happened and was moving on (I mean, why wouldn't she think that? He's married now). Unfortunately, Harmonia's necklace was cursed. It doomed herself, her husband, and all of her children to tragedy (and boy did they get it).

Buuuut, there's at least one nicer version of him and Hera. One account says he was crippled not because he was thrown off the mountain, but because he tried to save Hera from Zeus advancement and Zeus pushed Hephaestus off.

Ohh, I love Disney Hades :lol: Fun fact, the original script had a much darker version of Hades, but when James Wood auditioned he decided to take it in an entirely different direction and it was loved so much that they decided to change the entire script for the new Hades.

Woooo! :woo: *grabs a bunch of Cerberuses* Imma give a name for each head. :yarly:

And half-satyr? How does that work, did he have only one goat leg? Image

Ah man, the rerolling seems to be the most popular thing about this rp. Image I'll just let people pick and choose which parts the want to carry over, and which parts they want to leave behind and make new. Shall I keep the same OoC again, or would that scare off potential joiners? Image
Storytellers from the womb to the tomb :cool:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Standing on top of the world,
Who'd have ever thought that we would fall.

˙llɐɟ plnoʍ ǝʍ ʇɐɥʇ ʇɥƃnoɥʇ ɹǝʌǝ ǝʌɐɥ p,oɥʍ
`plɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ɟo doʇ uo ƃuıpuɐʇS
Iliad
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Iliad »

Hmm, I think a new thread might be good, loath as I am to admit it. 100 pages, I think, would definitely scare me off... :sweat:
TUMBLR / TWITTER
I am the tactician.
Keep Alm's codpiece away 2k17.
Padfootsmistress777
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Padfootsmistress777 »

Bed bugs? Those things can be nasty, and the evil little buggers just cling to everything. Luckily I haven't ever experienced them but still ._.

Oh wow :derp: There was a lot of that, that I knew already, but a lot that I had no idea, I don't remember that in anything I read, particularly the golden chair/saving Hera- I had always known the version of Zeus being all "To prevent fighting I appoint Hephaestus as Aphrodite's husband", no competition... Still completely ridiculous, but, well the gods were all insane... But that's all twenty kinds of crazy...

And Greek mythology is entirely based on unfortunate implications- Incest, rape, bestiality, any combination thereof because the gods are capable of transforming into animals (well Zeus is, I know for sure), literally making others mad and forcing them to kill others *coughHeracough*.

Well, that is a nicer version (it's funny that even the 'nice' version Zeus is still awful x3).

I actually heard that, and part of me really wants to know what an eviler version of Hades Disney would have come up with because evil Disney villains are awesome... But I love James Woods as Hades x3 it's just so amusing to watch.

You can name half of them Hades Jr. and the other half Persephone Jr....and one named Nemo >.< .

It was more like, his hair grows incredibly fast and has to shave a lot, and he has two stumps on his head that are mostly hidden by his hair... Though I totally should have gone with the one goat leg thing, that would have been hilarious x3.

And nope! It was fun, but the first iteration of the RP didn't have any rolling and it was as interesting *nodnod* I like picking and choosing... I am considering adding a new character I want to play with, but gosh I don't want five characters at a time x3...

And I kind of agree with Marth, I think having such a huge OoC thread might be a bit intimidating =/ which is a real shame ;A;.
13/25 Presents, thank you!
You can click any unhidden/unprotected tab in my Keep ^-^~!

1,756/2000 Turtles

Paaaaaaancaaaaaakes!~
Art Creds in Profile

ImageImageImageImage
NekoKyu
CreaturesTrade

Post by NekoKyu »

They are the absolute worst. Apparently, they were hiding in the new couch my mom got, and they are the biggest, most monstrous pain to get rid of. It doesn't help that I have a pretty big phobia of bugs either. >.>

I figured you would probably know most of it, but I wanted to be thorough just in case there are any stalkers reading the thread. Image But yeah, the golden chair part was new to me too, as I always knew the same version as you. Maybe that's just the kid-friendly version they like to share in schools?

And indeed it. Some of them sorta make sense when you consider the ethics and morals of the time (I mean, Zeus is consider the ideal role model of how men should be), but still. As to Hera, Zeus always struck me as abusive in addition to his cheating, but since he's the king and all she can't really do much against him so she takes it out on his children instead. As roundabout and unfortunate as it is, I doubt she'd survive if she tried to attack her husband directly.

I feel like that's the best part, cause Zeus is so awful. Imagine how much better everyone's lives might have been without him?

I agree, as curious as I am James Woods' Hades is too hilarious to give up. :lol: I did hear that they were planning to throw Persephone into an episode of the tv series at some point, but then wound up not.

Done. :yarly: Ohh, did you know Cerberus had a two headed brother? :orly:

Ohhh, okay. That actually makes a lot of sense, and would be much easier to deal with than a random goat leg. :lol:

Haha, I know that problem. xD Well if you want you could split up their use time? Like maybe some characters are only active during the day, and the others are only during the night, or something like that? That way you wouldn't have to worry about rping them all at once.

Yeah, I have to agree with you both, that's what I figured as well. Hmm, well I could rename this thread, maybe make it just a place for general rp discussion? :orly:

Padfootsmistress777
CreaturesTrade

Ugh, did you let the place you bought the couch from know? Their other stock might be infested too :derp:

Maybe... o.O Which seems so silly to me x3. Or it could have just been one of the many, many versions of the stories, which there seem to be a gajillion of x3.

True (I'm sure there are plenty who still see Zeus as an ideal role model x3). Yeah, Zeus definitely comes off as abusive, but still... She never sit well with me, she always came off as needlessly awful. And I don't think she'd have to attack her husband (can the gods even die? I mean they survived literally being eaten by Cronus... )... I was always under the impression they were abusive to each other... I mean it's not the kids fault their dad's the worst kind of person...er god x3.

True, true... :yarly:

I didn't watch much of the animated series (though I recall watching a lot of The Little Mermaid and Aladdin, don't know why I didn't watch much of Hercules...) but that would have been really cool.

I could... I'm actually quite sure I could juggle them ok enough, but jeez x3... I'd probably nix Craig, which would put me back at four though. I didn't quite like RP-ing him much, I'd end up keeping him very much in the background I think... I have to think this through x3.

Maybe? :orly: Changing the name could definitely work... Neko's Awesome OoC works :yarly: *shrug* Ohgosh I'm still getting used to the new gold cap x3.

1,756/2000 Turtles

Paaaaaaancaaaaaakes!~
Art Creds in Profile

ImageImageImageImage
NekoKyu
CreaturesTrade

Post by NekoKyu »

She got it from a yard sale...

True, very true. Although if it was a version written by Ovid then that's an entirely different matter, considering he was basically a fanfiction writer. :derp:

(Oh god, I hope there aren't still people who see Zeus as a role model. :t-O_O: ) Nah I totally get what you're saying, I used to feel the exact same way. I don't agree with anything she does at all, but I can definitely see how her experiences with Zeus have practically driven her insane. The sad part is she was actually much nicer before she was forced into marriage with him.

I didn't have cable growing up, so I could only watch cartoons when visiting my grandparents. :derp:

That sounds reasonable, as I mostly thought of Craig as an special NPC-type character anyway. I figured he was mostly there to serve as an obstacle for Alice or something to help get her to go outside. Plus, he was spawned by the rerolling anyway, so there's a chance that Alice might not even have a bf anymore or be dating someone else.

Done. :yarly: I'll change the info on the front page later. But what, a new gold cap??? That is so great to hear! I'm too lazy to goldmine, so I make all my gold through posts anyway. X3

Padfootsmistress777
CreaturesTrade

Re: Neko's Awesome OoC

Ah :yarly: Well, at least there isn't a humongous IKEA or something crawling with bed bugs. (Well there might be, but none that I know of :derp: ) Wait does IKEA sell couches?

That actually amuses me quite a lot x3

(You never know o____o I'm sure there's at least one person who's like "Yep, that's exactly what I want to be like, manly with lightning bolts", though I'm hoping they're doing it based off the idea that "Well he's the king so he has to be awesome and good!" and not "Wow, he's a tyrannical jerkward, that's exactly who I want to be." At least if it's the former I can kind of understand it .___.) That's a good point... I really need to read up more on my mythology though :derp:

Ah... I like Aladdin a lot, I watched it more than The Little Mermaid I think, though I did watch both... I also remember watching some of The Emperor's New School (though I haven't seen that movie in aaaagggeeees)... But yeah, not so much Hercules, maybe and episode or two but...*shrugs*

Ok, Cinderella commercial, nice Helena Boham-Carter freaks me out... Go back to being bonkers and axe-crazy please! And now it's this weird yoghurt version of "Down Under"... it's weird.

Yeah, he basically was. I was going to see if I could do something with him, but honestly he bored me .-. He's like, generic guy who's really a jerk, but not jerk-ish enough to be interesting. And good point :yarly: though I may keep him as a past love, background character who just isn't in the RP, I always add random things to my characters anyway x3.

Haha x3 I was totally joking but that's awesome! And yep! Gold cap is now 200g, when I first saw it I thought MS was glitching or something x3.

1,756/2000 Turtles

Paaaaaaancaaaaaakes!~
Art Creds in Profile

ImageImageImageImage
Iliad
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Iliad »

Padfootsmistress777 wrote:He's like, generic guy who's really a jerk, but not jerk-ish enough to be interesting.
Honestly, I know you're talking about Craig, but I feel like this kind of also describes Aoi in a nutshell.
TUMBLR / TWITTER
I am the tactician.
Keep Alm's codpiece away 2k17.
Padfootsmistress777
CreaturesTrade

Marth wrote:
Padfootsmistress777 wrote:He's like, generic guy who's really a jerk, but not jerk-ish enough to be interesting.
Honestly, I know you're talking about Craig, but I feel like this kind of also describes Aoi in a nutshell.
X3 Aoi seemed to have more personality to me at least, definitely more developed. I feel like I insulted you though, so I'm apologizing now even though I am assuming I didn't... x3. So sorry...

1,756/2000 Turtles

Paaaaaaancaaaaaakes!~
Art Creds in Profile

ImageImageImageImage
NekoKyu
CreaturesTrade

Post by NekoKyu »

Yeah, at least that's the good news. Although I imagine if we did get it from a store my family would have gotten a refund and then some maybe. I think IKEA does sell couches. I know they sell some really yummy meatballs. :t-drool:

(Ah yes, that I can understand. Funnily enough, the first day of my mythology class was spent with pretty much everyone tearing down Zeus, only for the professor to interrupt to ask if there was anyone in class who liked him. There was only one person, and her only reason why was: Power.) There is this one website I use all the time called Theoi, and it is great. It has quotes and references, and even has the approximate datings of the different versions of myths to show how they might have changed with time. I absolutely suggest it for anything Greek mythology related. :3

I know I caught a lot of episodes of House of Mouse. XD I also remember spending at least one summer at my grandma's binge watching AtLA whenever it was on. I was very out of the loop with tv shows and the like during elementary and middle school though.

Nice Helena Boham-Carter is just so weird to me, every time I see those Cinderella commercials I feel like she's gonna suddenly reveal herself to be the actual villain behind it all.

If Craig's not being any fun for you to roleplay as then I definitely agree. Even more so since there's a character idea your more interested in. The whole point is to have fun after all. ^_^ I don't think Aoi's in the same boat as Craig though, considering Aoi has a cute little fan club. That and his sarcasm is endlessly amusing. But like, sarcasm is the absolute best. :yarly:

Alright, I'll probably wait till I catch up on homework before I actually edit and post the remake, nooo, homework >.> but before I do that, I was thinking I should maybe rename the relationship values for the rerolling? :orly: Specifically the "Love" option, so that any new members won't be misled into thinking it actually requires love? Or should I just leave it as is?

Return to “Backstage”