The Anime Guild!

The place to converse with other members of a guild or club.

Top two favorite decades of anime?

Pre-70's (examples are, uh, Astro Boy I guess?)
No votes
70's (examples: Original gundam, Kimba)
3%
80's (examples: Macross,Votoms)
1%
90's (examples: Pokemon, DBZ, Sailor Moon...we all know this decade)
36%
2000's (examples: FMA, Gurenn Lagaan)
24%
Shows from the past five years (Attack on Titan, Madoka)
36%

Total votes: 89

Niverdia
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: The Anime Guild!

Post by Niverdia »

So, now that it finished, I recently marathoned Boku Dake ga Inai Machi and... to me, it was crap. While the first half of it could be excused somewhat for the veeery improbable, unbelievable set-up due to having decent feels, its very bad execution of domestic abuse with no commentary, the ep 11 plot twist and total lack of explanation for the killer's motivation simply killed it for me.
Raneth
Hello World
CreaturesTrade

Post by Raneth »

Niverdia wrote:So, now that it finished, I recently marathoned Boku Dake ga Inai Machi and... to me, it was crap. While the first half of it could be excused somewhat for the veeery improbable, unbelievable set-up due to having decent feels, its very bad execution of domestic abuse with no commentary, the ep 11 plot twist and total lack of explanation for the killer's motivation simply killed it for me.
You're talking about ERASED, right? I was intrigued at first--I like the concept of traveling back in time to a previous period in your life--but as soon as I heard it was a murder mystery, I checked out. I really can't get into mysteries. And I heard that the big reveal was super cliche and dull.

With the exception of Rakugo, the last season of anime seemed pretty lackluster. But the spring season is starting now, so hopefully we'll get some better shows!
ImageImageImage

Pretty ponies...
Niverdia
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Niverdia »

Raneth wrote:
Niverdia wrote:So, now that it finished, I recently marathoned Boku Dake ga Inai Machi and... to me, it was crap. While the first half of it could be excused somewhat for the veeery improbable, unbelievable set-up due to having decent feels, its very bad execution of domestic abuse with no commentary, the ep 11 plot twist and total lack of explanation for the killer's motivation simply killed it for me.
You're talking about ERASED, right? I was intrigued at first--I like the concept of traveling back in time to a previous period in your life--but as soon as I heard it was a murder mystery, I checked out. I really can't get into mysteries. And I heard that the big reveal was super cliche and dull.
Yep, it's that anime. I didn't mind the WHO DID IT reveal nearly as much as the total lack of explanation for the killer's motives. And, by now, I'm quite leery of time-travel/rewind plot devices for fixing things in stories.

And I get you, I'm not really into murder mysteries either. Unless it comes with something very interesting, like, say, Higurashi, where, although in each arc someone goes axe crazy and starts murdering others left and right, the actual culprit was... such a clever concept. /smiles into the distance and reveals nothing
fawnfur13
Member of The Dark Brotherhood An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by fawnfur13 »

I just finished Erased a couple days ago myself, I rather like murder mysteries so I enjoyed it a lot, though I was a bit disappointed by the reveal of the killer (I felt it was too obvious and then got my hopes up that maybe they were trying to divert your attention away from the real killer, but alas) and yeah, their lack of motives for the murders, but I'm planning to read to manga next, maybe it'll do a better job with that *3*
Niverdia
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Niverdia »

You know, I might break my pattern of not watching ongoing shows just because of Macross Delta from the new spring season (other than that, I added Kuma Miko from spring season to my watchlist). I love Macross franchise, and Delta seems so ridiculous that it's a MUST WATCH for me. Also, I see that GG subs is doing it. :lol: /welcomes the possible memes in the subs
Phantom3221
CreaturesTrade

Post by Phantom3221 »

Mod edit: Eggspam removed.
Flaviel
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Flaviel »

Just finished the first episode of One Punch Man and it was kinda meh for me (although I did cackle like mad when that giant unintentionally killed his brother... says something about my twisted sense of humour, I guess :derp: ). Maybe I'll understand the hype when I've watched more episodes :bounce: .
Shogo Makishima... just an unemployed bitter lit major who wanted to be a cereal killer.

Remember, kids, it is called looting, not shoplifting.

Wishlist
Raneth
Hello World
CreaturesTrade

Post by Raneth »

Just watched the first episode of Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. Good stuff. An obvious Attack on Titan ripoff, but I don't care, it was good.
ImageImageImage

Pretty ponies...
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

Raneth wrote:Just watched the first episode of Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. Good stuff. An obvious Attack on Titan ripoff, but I don't care, it was good.
OHHH YEAH that one! It looks pretty damn good and the reason it seems similar to Attack on Titan is because it's created by the same creators I believe! (At least the art style sure looks like it). I should go watch that one, I was waiting for it and found out about it in early March, so if it's already out then I'm gonna hunt it down. :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
Iliad
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Iliad »

OK HI I FINISHED MACROSS F AND THE TWO MOVIES.
And I started Delta.

Delta is supposed to be an 8-years-after thing according to the description on kissanime, so I really hope there are gonna be some familiar faces showing up (I would actually kill to see Alto in this new style because DANG. THE STYLE). (Also I'm going to feel very dumb if some F characters come back in like ep3 or something because I just finished ep1. :derp: )
TUMBLR / TWITTER
I am the tactician.
Keep Alm's codpiece away 2k17.

Return to “Guilds Quarter”