Need help with Pixel Program!!

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Synchronized
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Pixel Art question

Post by Synchronized »

HollowSoul wrote:So is photobucket better to use or tinypic?
I don't want to make it easy for people to steal, but I want to post it where the BB code is visable to me.
In that case, photobucket in a locked folder.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Art by Munin.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Xenomorph
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: Pixel Art question

Post by Xenomorph »

None of these are working out....
I need a program where I can move an image from MS paint to the program, make the background transparent, and post it.

It needs to be something that is easy to download and use!
There's got to be something right??

Doomed into an endless cycle we cannot control.
Drei Korvik
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Need help with Pixel Program!!

Post by Drei Korvik »

I don't know if it's what you're looking for, but on the rare occasions that I sprite things, I use Paint.NET. It's got the same easy-to-use tools as Paint, which makes it good for people who are just beginning to use the more sophisticated programs, but it also has more advanced tools that you can ignore if you'd like. It's a free download, located here, the download link is on the left hand top corner. It starts as a white canvas but if you use the eraser tool over the entire canvas it will become this gray-and-white checkerboard pattern, that pattern means it's transparent.
If you do decide to use it and ever need help, I'd be glad to help, too.
On hiatus. If you want to talk to me, please send a note on deviantART!
DeviantArt
Xenomorph
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Xenomorph »

Drei Korvik wrote:I don't know if it's what you're looking for, but on the rare occasions that I sprite things, I use Paint.NET. It's got the same easy-to-use tools as Paint, which makes it good for people who are just beginning to use the more sophisticated programs, but it also has more advanced tools that you can ignore if you'd like. It's a free download, located here, the download link is on the left hand top corner. It starts as a white canvas but if you use the eraser tool over the entire canvas it will become this gray-and-white checkerboard pattern, that pattern means it's transparent.
If you do decide to use it and ever need help, I'd be glad to help, too.
Is it free to use and simple to operate?

Drei Korvik
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Drei Korvik »

Yes it's free, and it's very much like Paint, it just has a few more advanced things that can be used as well. ^_^
DeviantArt
Xenomorph
CreaturesTrade

Post by Xenomorph »

Drei Korvik wrote:Yes it's free, and it's very much like Paint, it just has a few more advanced things that can be used as well. ^_^
I'm getting lost in all these links and it keeps bringing me to other pages I don't understand...where am I supposed to be clicking? The "Download" link between "Donate" and "Roadmap"?

TheShadow
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheShadow »

GIMP: Easy to download, not so easy to use =/

GraphicsGale: Haven't personally used it, but from what I've heard it comes recommended for spriting. It's like some half forgotten love child of MS paint and Photoshop designed for spriters. :3
♦ Taking a Permanent or Not so Permanent Break. Haven't decided yet. ♦
Everything I run is closed. All trades sent to me will rot.
Drei Korvik
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Drei Korvik »

HollowSoul wrote: I'm getting lost in all these links and it keeps bringing me to other pages I don't understand...where am I supposed to be clicking? The "Download" link between "Donate" and "Roadmap"?
Underneath the site's nav bar, at the right hand corner (I misremembered the site lol, totally my fault so sorry!) there's a blue link that says Paint.NET v.3.5.5. That will take you to a new page where you select the only 'download now' button in the table (in the Download column), then on the next page it brings you to the link will once again be in the right hand corner, and then it will download the files.
DeviantArt
Xenomorph
CreaturesTrade

Post by Xenomorph »

As soon as I download it, where do I find it?

I try to open it and another box pops up saying I have to pick a program to open it with and my choices are:
Internet Explore, FireFox, Adobe Reader, and Media Center....and none of them work!

EDIT:
Hold on, I think I found something here..

RewinAncient
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by RewinAncient »

i use a program called lunapic.com
it works specifically for paint and its really easy to get backgrounds transperant
want me to tell you how it works
This Ancient's always buying Rewins and Whales

Return to “Community Discussion”