What is Your Fav Mythical Animal

Come here, take a break, chat with friends about anything and everything.

What is YOUR Favorite Mythical Creature

Poll ended at May 25th, 2011, 11:04:56 am

Dragons :D
50%
Hydras
No votes
Chimeras
No votes
Phoenixs
10%
Basilisks
No votes
Griffins
20%
Unicorns
No votes
Pegasus'
10%
Other
10%
I don't even like mythical creatures!
No votes

Total votes: 10

Tulcadhiel
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: What is Your Fav Mythical Animal

Post by Tulcadhiel »

Wyverns!

They have the mythical, dangerous energy of a dragon but unlike dragons, they feel more plausible.
I remember reading somewhere that the weirdest thing about dragons is that they are six limbed whereas almost every other animal (not counting insects, arachnids and fish obviously), have four limbs.

Birds have four limbs, two being their feet and two being their wings.
Mammals typically have four limbs with the arguable exception of elephants, tapirs and certain monkeys who use their tails like another limb. Even in those cases, they only go up to five limbs, not six.

Six and more tends to be associated with insects, shellfish and arachnids. Whereas less than four is more associated with fish but then again, I'm not an expert.

So it's a little weird that dragons have six limbs, which I know sounds silly since there are so many other mythicalogical creatures that are just as implausible like hippogryphs, pegasi, gryphons, etc.
But I dunno Wyverns just seem more possible, like some weird descendent of the archaeopteryx that forgot to keep its feathers and become a bird down the line.

✴︎ * Image Happy Holidays & Joyous Solstice! Image * ✳︎
Thank you for all the lovely gifts!!! I will cherish them!!!

✳︎ * ✦ Obsidian Arts - CLOSED ✴︎ ✦ *
SillyFilly
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by SillyFilly »

Hippocampi are my favorite :]

I love horses. I love ocean stuff. Mash em together and get a dope horse fish !! I love them,,,,
new here yah
Solarium
CreaturesTrade

Post by Solarium »

Definitely kelpies, I mean dragons yes, always, but that goes without saying, they can't even be in the running because no one else would stand a chance.

Kelpies though, are funny and cool. Potentially evil siren horses are just hard not to like. Very inspiring for art too, drawing horses with sharp teeth and underwater plants on them seems interesting too.
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

Selkies. Seals just look way too much like sad humans to not believe they might be.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
PinkStrawberries4
CreaturesTrade

Post by PinkStrawberries4 »

Definitely Unicorns, Pegasi, Werewolves and Gryphons~ I love Chimera the most though.
Hollowshield
An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Hollowshield »

In all honesty dragons are my main favorite, but the lore behind sea serpents turning into dragons is absolutely amazing. Kaiju are also another one fighting for being my favorite [totally not because of the Pacific rim movues-]

Theres just so many good creatures in the mythical world that it can be hard to choose eheh
user/Hollowshield Please click my little ones qwq
DrDisore
CreaturesTrade

Post by DrDisore »

I love dragons!! It steams from my obsession with dinosaurs and the old myths of their bones belonging to dragons.
------------------ImageImageImageImage------------------
HoshiLockhart
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by HoshiLockhart »

Unicorns, with mermaids being a second.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PokeFarm

Return to “Popsicle stand”