The MS Artist's guild

The place to converse with other members of a guild or club.
Windkeeper
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: The MS Artist's guild

Post by Windkeeper »

BBkat wrote:
You, read Dragonlance too?! :t-O_O:
I used to read them quite avidly, and then I ran out of complete sets to read. :lol:
I should really start reading them again...but I wouldn't know where to start.
Should I start with the Chronicles or complete my collection of the The Meetings Sextet series and read that first?
Or should I attempt to finish collecting(I believe I have around 50 now. Just most of my sets are missing a few novels) all the books and read them in chronological order, starting with the book that talks about the beginning of Krynn? D:
So many options.xD
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

Windkeeper wrote:
BBkat wrote:
I used to read them quite avidly, and then I ran out of complete sets to read. :lol:
Should I start with the Chronicles or complete my collection of the The Meetings Sextet series and read that first?
Or should I attempt to finish collecting(I believe I have around 50 now. Just most of my sets are missing a few novels) all the books and read them in chronological order, starting with the book that talks about the beginning of Krynn? D:
So many options.xD
I've only read the first three-Dragons of Autumn Twilight/Winter Night/Spring Dawning but there awesome.
GenericDragon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by GenericDragon »

BBkat wrote:
Windkeeper wrote:
BBkat wrote:
So many options.xD
I've only read the first three-Dragons of Autumn Twilight/Winter Night/Spring Dawning but there awesome.
I think it's safe to say most people have read some Dragonlance book or another. I only got half-way through the one I read (I don't remember what it's called) before tossing it because it was fucking terrible. Then again, it was done by Richard Knakk and I hate him as an author, so.
I want to roleplay. Particularly, Dragon Age. If you're interested in a semi-lit/adv-lit Dragon Age RP, shoot me a message.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

GenericDragon wrote:
I think it's safe to say most people have read some Dragonlance book or another. I only got half-way through the one I read (I don't remember what it's called) before tossing it because it was fucking terrible. Then again, it was done by Richard Knakk and I hate him as an author, so.
No, I don't think it is safe to say.
While I had heard of them it wasn't until last summer that I was finally able to read them(up until then we did not own a copy nor could I find one at the library). I know a number of people in real life who have not read them, perhaps not even heard of them.

The ones I read were by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, the original authors of the Dragonlance novels.

On the topic of art, since this is an art thread, I wanted to try out a 'paper cut out' style-make a digital piece look like it's made of pieces of construction paper.
It didn't turn exactly as planned but, I like it(click to see it full view).
Spoiler
AzureCrystalDragon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by AzureCrystalDragon »

BBkat wrote: On the topic of art, since this is an art thread, I wanted to try out a 'paper cut out' style-make a digital piece look like it's made of pieces of construction paper.
It didn't turn exactly as planned but, I like it(click to see it full view).
Spoiler
It's very cute, and It's a lovely concept. It really does look like it's made of construction paper with a few jagged edges as well. It reminds me of a greeting card. Well done! <3
Dragon on the left by
Lupisdarkmoon <3 Fox on
the right by me
WhatNames
CreaturesTrade

Post by WhatNames »

I AM AN ARTIST, I WANT TO JOIN!
Username: WhatNames
Art medium: Traditional and Digital (But only one person here has one of my traditionals...)
Website/dA: N/A
Inspiration/Favorite artist: Uh... No... :headdesk:
Anything else?: Nope! Oh, glad to be here! ^_^

And @BBkat: At first I thought that piece was construction paper! Great job.
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one. ~Dr. Suess
Have 200+ Chimeras and seeking more! PM offers.

stay cool
I rarely frequent this site anymore, but I do respond to PMs. Feel free to shoot me a message.
:D :D :D :D :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by BBkat »

Since I count photography as an art(plus the post processing that is involved) here's my favourite picture of my batch of the 'super moon' (full moon + lunar perigee)- http://icypheonix.deviantart.com/art/Luna-300291243
Piney
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Piney »

Oooh that's cool. You didn't modify it in any way did you? :crazy:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DeviantArt || Flight Rising || Avatar source
3DS friend code: 1607-2367-6983
If you message me I will register you. :3
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by BBkat »

Piney wrote:Oooh that's cool. You didn't modify it in any way did you? :crazy:
Does adjusting the brightness/contrast so you could actually see the craters count? When the looking at the image on the computer I could see vague shapes of the craters, so I just dropped the brightness down and bam, they appeared xD
And cropping, I cut out excess black background.

But, that's really it.
Piney
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Piney »

I count them. I mean it's not like the picture came straight out of the camera. But it's still very cool! The craters are very awesome indeed. :O
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DeviantArt || Flight Rising || Avatar source
3DS friend code: 1607-2367-6983
If you message me I will register you. :3

Return to “Guilds Quarter”