Share any written short stories, novels, or poetry

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

Fenneki1
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Have a story I wrote on Deviantart

Post by Fenneki1 »

"Taluuuu!" The sound of large paws thudded across the soft ground as Sweet Feet came running to meet the sphinx style wolf. In her excitement she didn't really think about stopping causing her to barrel into the three legged wolf.
Talutah grunted as she slid into the ground with a fluff of black and white blocking her view. “Ow, jeez Sweet i'm right here, a simple hello would have been fine.”
While the two worked in fixing their equipment, Dama couldn't help but giggle at the pair.
”Are you two done so we can get started?” she smiled as she shook her head to switch the small but bright headlamp, ducking her head as she headed into the narrow opening of the cave.
Soon enough the three Tokos found themselves deep into the dark, dank cave. Their only light source was the lamps adorning all three tokos heads. Sweet took to bounding in front of the party, sniffing at small bugs or creatures as they scurried into their homes at the sight of light. Dama and Talutah trailed a bit behind, watching a bit more carefully for anything they could take home.
“Dama, Talu, Come look!” Sweet Feet’s voice could be heard farther into the cave, causing the other two to walk a little faster into the darkness.
When the two tokos reached Sweet, she was pawing at the wall, soft glittering gems hitting the ground by her feet as she knocked them loose. She stepped back shining her light so the others could get a good look, small blue and green gems shining at her feet.
”Look! There are so many!” she smiled bounding to another wall where more gems sat. She opened her side bag to nudge the crystals into it, looking rather proud of herself.
”Good job Sweet! This will be a great haul.” Dama nudged her some as she moved to get her own gems, helping Talutah get some of the higher ones, the Tokos taking turns putting the gems into the other's bags, being careful not to break them up any more.
Soon enough, the Tokos began their trek further into the cave, Dama frowning when she no longer heard Sweet’s excited steps. Dama and Talutah began to trot to catch up with their hyperactive friend.
”Sweet! Sweet Feet!” Talutah and Dama took turns calling back and forth. They began to get worried when they received no answer..Where was she..?
Sweet trotted down the path, occasionally stopping to pick out more shiny gems to put in her bag. After a bit she finally realized she was alone, her panic starting to set in as she tried to run back the way she came. She kept getting turned around, giving up after a while flopping down on the cold ground with teary eyes.
”Dama what are we going to do?” Talutah was still looking around nervously, worried for the clumsy Toko.
”Don't worry Talu..this cave isn't that big. We will find her” Dama moves down the path, occasionally calling to the lost Toko. They walked for some time before they heard the sound of what they thought was whimpering. Both Tokos began running down the path as they followed the sound to a small open cavern. They skidded to a halt when they found the source of the sound. Sweet..sleeping..apparently just having a nightmare. Both Tokos took a moment to catch their breath before Dama moved to cuff the snoring fluffball in the head.
”Sweet Feet! You scared us too death!”
The drowsy Toka took a moment to realize what was going on around her before tackling her companions, licking their faces excitedly “I thought I’d be lost forever!” Sweet’s tail wagged excitedly as she bounded around the pair who watched her with fond amusement.
”We were worried about you..” Talutah sighed nuzzling Sweet Feet’s side affectionately.
”I was so scared! I turned around and you guys were gone...i didn't know what to do so I just sat here..and I guess I ended up falling asleep...but you found me!” Sweet Feet smiled, happy that her friends had found her, “Can we go home now?”
Dama chuckled, “I definitely think that's a great idea” she rose to her feet again and led the way out of the cave, Talutah keeping a close eye on their hyper companion.
As they made their way to the entrance, they slowed down when they noticed the brittle stalactites vibrating slightly above them. Dama motioned for them to move carefully and quietly. Talutah walked along side Sweet so she didn't have to jump quite as much. Talu sniffed as she felt Sweet’s long fur tickle her nose. She began to gasp quietly in a futile attempt to stifle the sneeze she felt rising, only to fail as the loud exhalation of air. All three Tokos looked to the ceiling before they began running as fast as they could, hearing the sound of the crashing rocks a mere few feet behind their racing paws. They ran faster at the sight of an open clearing ahead, skidding into the space as the sound of destruction stopped. They were all panting as they laid on the cold ground.
”Everyone okay?” Dama called as she sat up, looking at the destruction they had narrowly escaped, sighing at the nod of her companions. They got up to continue their trek back to the entrance of the cave, being careful not to disrupt any more stalactites.
”So Dama, did you have a good haul this time?” Sweet Feet trotted beside her, nudging her nose into the other's bag only to be nudged playfully.
”I dunno, maybe” she giggled, “Maybe I've even collected a few shiny rocks for you too. But you have to behave until we get back to the outside to get them”.
Sweet Feet let out a happy bark but stopped at the soft rumble her echo created. She lowered her head scurrying to catch up with her companions.
Talutah watched her happily, “Sweet Feet I swear I don't know where you get all this energy from” the three companions laughed, heading for the entrance.
Soon enough the light started to filter through the opening of the cave. Talutah and Dama shook their heads to turn off their headlamps while Sweet Feet ran out into the fresh air, moving to roll in the nearest patch of grass. Dama and Talutah giggled softly, watching the black and white fluff slowly turn a light shade of green in the soft grass, lying down near her to take their side bags off. They dumped them into their own piles before beginning to sort through them, picking out ones they really liked letting them glitter and shine in the sun, Dama setting aside a few shiny stones for Sweet.
Once Sweet had finished her roll in the grass, she dropped herself next to her companions and began to look through her own haul. She took her stones from Dama, thanking the larger Toka, “This has been so much fun! We should do this again soon!”
Dama and Talutah nodded and smiled at the happy Toka, the three spending the rest of the day relaxing in the grass before heading home, happy with their successful mining trip.
Image My First Pet Image

Return to “Tea House”