Image-Free Magistream Nursery and MS Code Tools

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.

Re: Image-Free Magistream Nursery

Postby Tinni » November 9th, 2010, 2:24:02 pm

NKfloofiepoof wrote:This is awesome, but I do have one question - at this time, is there any support for adding eggs to hatchlings only? I'm always adding to my frozen hatchling nursery, and getting those eggs hatched (especially the newest species) is immensely tedious.

That is not possible currently NKfloofiepoof, because we do not have access to the site's API to code the hatchery to check the growth progress of each creature.
Clicks from offsites also give more percentage gain. We clear out the adults manually, and we cannot guarantee we will be able to fish out hatchies at right percentages, even if we add more staff.

As we are clearing if the creature got even 2 clicks it could mean a big difference.

You can be alert and freeze them or put them in trade immediately. From our side I do not see that possible currently, or even in the near future.
ImageImage

My MD Threads

Tinni
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild

Postby Rosehill » November 9th, 2010, 2:31:26 pm

NKfloofiepoof wrote:This is awesome, but I do have one question - at this time, is there any support for adding eggs to hatchlings only? I'm always adding to my frozen hatchling nursery, and getting those eggs hatched (especially the newest species) is immensely tedious.

It would be possible for me to code a checkmark in the add page "Only to hatchling" that would cause the entered creatures to show differently or separately on the page the cleaners use so they would know to remove them once the eggs have hatched. But I'd say the decision of implementing it would be more up to the volunteers who clean up the adults based on if they'd be willing to take an extra task of removing those hatchlings. :italian:
Official MS Twitter | Official MS Facebook page

Meet Mr. Rufous Scrimgeour -->

PLEASE NOTE! If you have used any of my graphics hosted on Photobucket, they are no longer working due to PB changing their TOS! I will be moving the graphics to a new hosting place soonish!
Rosehill
CreaturesTrade
Coder

Postby Tinni » November 9th, 2010, 2:36:01 pm

Rosehill wrote:

It would be possible for me to code a checkmark in the add page "Only to hatchling" that would cause the entered creatures to show differently or separately on the page the cleaners use so they would know to remove them once the eggs have hatched. But I'd say the decision of implementing it would be more up to the volunteers who clean up the adults based on if they'd be willing to take an extra task of removing those hatchlings. :italian:

Rosehill, the volunteers will remove them, but they will not be on 24/7. There will be periods of time without any volunteers online, or even if they are online, they may be busy with other stuff, there is no way we can stop their growth in that period.
ImageImage

My MD Threads

Tinni
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor

Postby Zunami » November 9th, 2010, 2:40:17 pm

This is excellent. Thank you Rosehill, Tinni and Devil <3

This feature is awesome!!!!

~ ImageImageImageImage ~

Entangled in IRL. Limited online time
Zunami
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood

Postby NKfloofiepoof » November 9th, 2010, 2:41:35 pm

No problem - I figured it couldn't hurt to ask :italian: I don't want to cause additional stress/work, so I'll just keep poking the creatures-to-be-frozen myself ^_^
Buying unwanted SB elephant snails for shop price
Buying Bread Creatures for 2k each

ImageImageImage
Image-Free Magi Nursery
NKfloofiepoof
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor

Postby Tinni » November 9th, 2010, 2:44:17 pm

NKfloofiepoof wrote:No problem - I figured it couldn't hurt to ask :italian: I don't want to cause additional stress/work, so I'll just keep poking the creatures-to-be-frozen myself ^_^

It is not additional work, but we are not waiting on the removal page every minute, we come on once in a way and clear stuff up.
This is bound to happen as a traffic snarl, for example, can cause us to get online late .

If you can post when you are around, you can freeze them as soon as they hatch, and that would solve your issues, and if you dont want to freeze them you can hold them in a trade for 2 days, we will be clearing out all creatures that have been there for 2 days or more anyway.
ImageImage

My MD Threads

Tinni
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor

Postby NKfloofiepoof » November 9th, 2010, 2:54:20 pm

No problem - like I said, I'll just poke those myself. That seems easiest. I'll definitely be using the nursery for my non-freezing eggs, and I just added a bunch of hatchlings that have been stuck for the last week. Thank you, all of you, who went to the effort to make this!
Buying unwanted SB elephant snails for shop price
Buying Bread Creatures for 2k each

ImageImageImage
Image-Free Magi Nursery
NKfloofiepoof
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor

Postby helsinkivampiress » November 9th, 2010, 3:23:37 pm

I love this! I've added the things I want to grow to adult, since I'll tend to my "to be frozen" eggs myself. Thank you for this hatchery. I'll be checking back for newly added creatures throughout the day.
helsinkivampiress
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor

Postby kavala » November 9th, 2010, 3:42:19 pm

I must admit, I like this Nursery very much and I will surely use it. Thank you <3
kavala
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor

Postby MadameRed » November 9th, 2010, 3:45:23 pm

I am most definitely going to use this! It's a brilliant idea, and thank you so much to all those who have made this possible!
❒ Single ❒ Taken ✔ Voltron
Mist Stalker Count - 4.322
Should you want anything from the Water Shop, PM me and I'll get it for you~
Any creatures in this tab need to grow, so click away.
ImageImageImageImage
Kindness is always free.
MadameRed
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident

PreviousNext

Return to Community Discussion