Supernatural - Eventual Destiel? (Athena & Luna)

This forum is exclusively for one-on-one RPs

Moderator: Roleplay Stage Moderators

Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules

Re: Supernatural - Eventual Destiel? (Athena & Luna)

Postby LunaStarlite » May 19th, 2017, 2:56:35 pm

Boy it was hot out, standing on the black parking lot that just called down the sun's heat. It was bright and sunny which made tinted windows almost black and Dean couldn't see inside the van without being obvious. And he didn't want to draw attention. If someone was following them, that person would know they were suspicious now, if it was just coincidence, then he was being a weirdo examining someone's van, and would probably look like a car theif.

Not that he'd never had to steal a vehicle but come on, he had standards. This thing looked so bluh.

He scribbled down the license plate number as quickly and casually as he could, and made a note of a tiny scratch near the back left tire.

He didn't see anyone around, so a minute later, after getting a good enough look, Dean headed back inside. He couldnt tell if anyone was in the van without getting close enough to be snatched but it was quiet, and no sudden movement as far as he could tell.

Dean came back in and promptly grabbed his chicken back up.
"Alright. It's probably nothing, just in case." Dean snatched three or four more fried mushrooms, and just stood there chewing on them, then started pacing as he ate, until he seemed to realize that he ought to sit down because both Sam and Cas were.
He was used to eating on the move and this little bit of paranoia had put him in that mindset. Nothing was wrong. He could sit down for now. He grabbed a chair at the little table where Sam had set the food.
LunaStarlite
CreaturesTrade

Postby athenakt » May 19th, 2017, 3:50:16 pm

Castiel felt much better once Dean was back inside the room. His lips quirked with a moment's amusement when Dean ate more of the fried vegetables.

"If we're going to a pool hall, we should head further away from the college a while," Sam spoke up, nearly done with his chicken and salad. "I don't wanna chance running into anyone I know from campus, and they know me at a few of the local places."

Not realizing that he leaned just a tiny bit toward Dean when he'd sat down, Castiel asked, "Do you like to play pool too?"

"Yeah, it's a lot less cut-throat than poker," Sam smirked, closing his box and putting it into the paper bag. "Never play poker against Dean when funions are on the line." Looking over at Dean, Sam added, "And no, funions are not a vegetable!"

Perhaps unsurprisingly, Castiel also turned to look at Dean to ask, "What is poker?"
athenakt
CreaturesTrade

Postby LunaStarlite » May 19th, 2017, 4:43:09 pm

"No problem by me." Dean shrugged and crossed his legs as he leaned back in his chair. He still had some fried chicken to go through since he'd been interrupted with the van thing and after skipping lunch, even if this was an early supper, he was hungry and going to eat all of them. And at this rate he'd still be hungry for some tapas at the pool hall.

"What're you talking about?? Funions practically has 'onions' right in the name!" Dean had that spark in his eyes that said he was joking even if his face stayed serious.

When Castiel asked if Sam played pool Dean smiled.
"Its practically a family thing by now. Dad taught me, he's really good at it, only one who can still beat me sometimes! I taught Sam pool and he's real good too. And if he's kept up with darts he might be better than me at that by now." Dean so often looked so proud no matter what he was talking about, if it involved Sam. Like now.

What was poker? Castiel asked and Dean gave a 'woo boy' sigh and ran a hand through his hair with wide eyes.
"Very complex." Dean answered. "I know it. I can play it. I can teach you if you like, you might be good at it actually, in terms of hiding all emotional reaction and analyzing and strategizing.
"There's all different versions of it but, basically... I think the best way to sum it up simple is... you have two or more people. Everyone gets cards. No one knows what cards anyone else has. Different combinations of cards are worth more points. You call, or, bet, if you think you have the most valuable set of cards, or fold, meaning, forfeit, basically, if you think you don't. The last person in the game, in other words, they've kept betting and haven't forfeited, who has the best set of cards, wins all the money that's been bet.
"Different versions of the game have different specifics. Texas hold 'em is popular, and, Three Card Draw I think it is?
"I haven't played in a while. I'm ok at it but I'm better at pool and there's more people out there playing poker professionally than with pool. I don't loose at pool. But I've lost bad at poker. It's all in luck, reading your opponent, and not letting them read you. And there's some real professionals out there you have to watch out for.
"But once I've got some money from pool we can give a poker game a shot if you wanna see it, just one."
Dean hated loosing, maybe because this was their literal livelihood on the line and when Dean lost their food money when he'd still been learning the games John had been PISSED. This made him a more serious, professional, well-practiced player, but it also meant there had been a time or two when he hadn't known when to quit.
LunaStarlite
CreaturesTrade

Postby athenakt » May 19th, 2017, 5:48:01 pm

Sam chuckled at Dean's insistence about funions, although the laugh was a little dark from memories. "You only say that because you counted them as vegetables whenever Dad left us on our own at a motel when we were kids." Sam welcomed the topic of playing pool when it came up, touched at the pride that Dean showed in him.

Castiel's brow furrowed at yet another mention of John's less than ideal behavior toward Dean and Sam, but didn't ask more about it. He'd learned by now that topic was one best to be avoided the majority of the time.

Glad when Dean went into detail about the basics of poker, Castiel paid careful attention. He nudged the container of fried vegetables within easier reach of Dean's fingers while he spoke. Dean really was a good instructor. "Perhaps we could play a game among ourselves," Castiel suggested. "But I do not wish to distract from our purpose of financing the trip to Bobby's and earning back the money you spent on my clothes."

Sam looked over at Dean, surprised at the second purpose. "It's okay, Castiel. Isn't it, Dean? We just earn money whenever we're running low; there's no schedule or anything. I've gotta say, Dean equipping you with the necessities is a far better use of money than some of the other things he's bought." Deciding to be a brat for once, Sam stuck his tongue out at Dean after dropping that statement. It drove Sam to distraction whenever Dean got depressed and thought that drinking himself into a coma would make him feel better. Thank heaven (again literally) that it didn't seem to be happening around Castiel

Of course, Castiel's innocent curiosity showed itself as he gazed over at Dean. "What does Sam mean by that?"
athenakt
CreaturesTrade

Postby LunaStarlite » May 19th, 2017, 7:09:55 pm

"It has onion in the name!" Dean stubbornly insisted, finishing the last of his chicken and sucking some leftover dip off his fingers.

Since Dean had been either looking at the ceiling thoughtfully or rather closely into Cas' eyes during the explanation, he completely missed the nudging the vegtables closer to him, but it registered subconsciously as, 'oh, right, there's more food right here,' and he grabbed another piece as if it had randomly occurred to him, evidently just that distracted.

"Playing poker among just us is a better idea so we don't loose anything but it can be fun to play a real game now and then. When you win, you win big. One game of six people, Texas Hold em, it was the most I ever got in one go, I won almost eight hundred dollars, honest.
"Its winner takes all, and so much is on getting lucky with what cards you get that your chances are never really good."
"Still worth a shot now and then though."

Castiel again seemed worried about putting Dean off with the clothes. Dean waved off his concern.
"Cas really, don't worry about it. I'm happy to help, it's the least I can give back. You're aware you saved my life maybe four times in a week right? And I've never had a hunt go as smooth as that last one. You were awesome. Cas, if you do all your incredible angel super-power stuff for someone, and they make a fuss over buying you something- they're an ungrateful scumbag. Seriously.
"Speaking of buying you stuff you need a phone. The praying to you thing worked great last time but if you can talk back to me telepathically you haven't mentioned it and two-way silent communication can be really, really important. Gotta teach you how to text- send messages, like I do with Sam."

Better he spend money on Cas than 'other things' Sam said. Dean rolled his eyes and made a 'give me a break' shrug.
And now the angel was questioning, with all the sweet unassumptive purity Dean had first thought he might have before coming to see the angel as more like a scientist than a priest. Whatever did Sam mean? Cas was asking. Dean sighed.

It was good to be with family. Good not to be alone. Nagging was part of that, he supposed.
"Distractions." He answered with blunt honesty, ever so vaguely, but with their earlier discussion on how to avoid sadness, Dean figured Castiel would get it.

"Alright, well, I'm done here if we wanna head out and look for an out-of-town games bar."
LunaStarlite
CreaturesTrade

Postby athenakt » May 19th, 2017, 9:12:45 pm

Sam shot back with a laugh, "And beefsteak tomatoes have both 'beef' and 'steak' in the name and you won't eat those!"

When he saw Dean eating the fried vegetables without even noticing, Sam decided that the fried food method might be worth getting them in healthier restaurants. He also decided that Castiel was looking better and better to have around. He was pushy, but in a subtle way, unlike Gabriel.

Castiel felt better about Dean's gifts with Dean's continued insistence, especially when it was both of the brothers now. So much so that he was only curious about what it would be like to have a phone. "Unfortunately, praying only goes one way. Angels will hear your prayers wherever they are when you focus on them and say their name. Yes, it would be a good idea to have a phone so that you know that I can contact you. Although unless you are somehow inside wards made by a more powerful angel or demon, there is no way that I wouldn't be able to find you."

Dean answered his question with a single word, 'Distractions', but it was a reference that Castiel understood. He nodded once in understanding, his gaze lowered.

They were all ready to leave the motel and find a place to play pool. When Castiel went to the door to check the immediate area, Sam wandered up behind Dean and hummed a tune under his breath. It was without words, but Dean would definitely be able to guess that it was 'Dean and Cas sitting in a tree...'
athenakt
CreaturesTrade

Postby LunaStarlite » May 19th, 2017, 11:52:30 pm

"What the hell is a beefsteak tomato?" Asked Dean looking like he'd just discovered something terribly wrong with the world at large.

He had to use Castiel's name to send him a prayer, or at least a focused one? Dean would have to remember that.
"I wasn't thinking anything would block the prayer, more like, if we're on a hunt, and we split up, we can send some info and pictures back and forth without making a sound, no talking, if we're expecting an ambush or anything."

Out they went! Time to go play games and make money. Dean got up quick but not quick enough to miss Sam's taunt. He turned to point at him and glare, accusatory, but not without just a little flicker of an unwanted smile.
"Nope, uh uh, none of that. Shut up."
And he rushed ahead out to the car. Late afternoon now. By the time they reached some place out of town the bars would be pretty decently full.

He unlocked the Impala and hopped into the driver's seat.
LunaStarlite
CreaturesTrade

Postby athenakt » May 20th, 2017, 9:39:35 am

Castiel nodded, fascinated by the potential that the cell phones had. Yet again, human ingenuity made itself known.

Sam laughed at Dean's warning about his humming and desisted. After all, it wouldn't do to have Dean get used to this sort of teasing by doing it all at once. He followed Dean and his angel out to the car at a calmer pace.

Castiel was lingering uncertainly by the side of the car, not knowing whether to get into the front or the back. Sam decided to be nice to Castiel for doing him the favor of helping him to improve Dean's dietary choices. "Why don't you ride in the front for now, Castiel? I was in the front earlier today."

It's not like Sam wasn't used to riding in the back seat. When John was still with them, Dean got more than his fair share of time in the front passenger's seat while Dad drove- even after Sam started catching up to Dean's height.

Usually, Sam sat on the driver's side of the back seat with his legs stretched out toward Dean's side. When he was younger, he told himself it was so that he could be closer to his Dad and to position his feet to kick the back of Dean's seat on occasion. But really, it was because he preferred to see Dean than to see their father. It was only when he got older that he realized that he felt safer around Dean.

So now, when Dean drove, Sam sat on the passenger's side of the back seat with his legs stretched out behind Dean. With his new height, he actually needed that much room.

He gave Dean some directions to reach the nearest good sized towns that were likely to have bars in them.

Castiel contentedly sat next to Dean, keeping an eye on the road for any silver vans, his left hand casually resting on the seat between them.
athenakt
CreaturesTrade

Postby LunaStarlite » May 20th, 2017, 11:44:32 am

Dean was glad Sam was so willing to swap around with Cas like this. At some point there would probably be arguing, he imagined, unless Castiel was just too agreeable. But for now it seemed like they were happy swapping and Dean would get chances to sit with Sam and chances to sit with Cas and he was very happy with this arrangement.

He had Sam's feet in kicking range of the back of his seat. Right where they belonged. All they needed was to get back with... dad...
Which would mean problems with Castiel. And Dean would never consciously admit it but as long as he knew their father was alive with an angel guardian he was... a little more ok with stalling just a bit.

Dean followed Sam's directions. Of course he turned on music but he kept it a little lower in volume so it wouldn't trample out Sam's voice telling him where to turn.

He definitely noticed Castiel's hand resting between them but in full view of Sam he did nothing about it. Sam knew now, but Dean was still worrying about making him feel third-wheel-awkward. Besides, Dean felt like... grabbing someone and pulling them into a rough passionate kiss in public would honestly be easier for him than holding hands. Dean kept both hands on the steering wheel. But of course he did nothing to suggest Cas should withdraw.

Like Castiel, Dean also glanced into the mirrors for any sign of that van. He saw nothing. Which made him feel better because if it wasn't here now, either it had never been following them, or they'd lost their follower. Dean wasn't even sure where they were going, so, there was no way they could be tailed realistically right? Unless something nasty got their scent.
But it wasn't here now. So Dean was thinking they'd lost them, or there was never anything to worry about in the first place.
LunaStarlite
CreaturesTrade

Postby athenakt » May 20th, 2017, 4:39:19 pm

This was actually kinda nice, Sam thought. There was far less tension in the car than there had been with their father calling the shots. Even when the three of them had scheduled a night to go to the nearest pool hall, their father had always had this... tension. This anger and impatience that the time spent together was keeping him from doing what was important.

That thought tightened something in Sam's chest, so he was glad to see a familiar name in lights approaching on the right to distract Sam from getting angry. "Hey, Dean. Pull in here. I saw an ad for this place once, says they had lots of pool tables and welcomed tournaments. I hadn't gone here yet because I wanted to keep it as a backup for gaming. Might as well use it now on the way out." Sam grimaced, concentrating on the fact that they were on the way to Bobby's rather than the fact that he was leaving college.

"Did it say whether they served bacon cheeseburgers?" Castiel asked in a hopeful voice. With a moment's impishness, he added, "And orange juice?"

Sam grinned at the back of the angel's head. "I dunno about the orange juice, but burgers are a standard at most places like this."
athenakt
CreaturesTrade

PreviousNext

Return to Private Stage