This forum is exclusively for one-on-one RPs

Moderator: Roleplay Stage Moderators

Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules

Shifting Tides | Isabella12321 & Akuneko

Postby Akuneko » February 14th, 2017, 2:19:55 am

Shifting Tides

Main plot:

In the year 2050, The Trabeafera Corporation working for the government had been doing experiments on human. They had invented a way to combine animal and human DNA, giving their test subjects the ability to shapeshift into animals. While most of the experiments resulted in deformities or deaths, there were some successful ones. These Shapeshifters would then be taken to a training facility to be molded into weapons for the government. They would be assigned on assassination, spying, stealing missions or into war zones. The explosive device implanted into their neck would make them think twice about escaping. However, some are more determined than most.

Things to remember:

Images for reference:

Glacier National Park Base Map:

NPC list:

Character template:
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Code name:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Rank:[/b] (Newbie, Junior, Senior, Commander)

[b]Squad:[/b] (1 main and 2 sub, commander only need 1)

[b]Animal:[/b] (Anything except mythical creatures and dinosaurs)

[b]Appearance: [/b]

[spoiler]
picture or description here[/spoiler]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Background:[/b]

Last edited by Akuneko on March 11th, 2017, 10:40:52 pm, edited 10 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Akuneko
CreaturesTrade

Re: Shifting Tides | Isabella12321 & Akuneko

Postby Akuneko » February 15th, 2017, 8:12:23 am

DONE

AKUNEKO'S CHARACTERS

Last edited by Akuneko on February 23rd, 2017, 11:22:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Akuneko
CreaturesTrade

Postby Isabella12321 » February 21st, 2017, 5:33:46 pm

ISABELLA12321's CHARACTERS

SQUADS

24/25 gifts, thanks!

Please click these or they will DIE...
Thank you

Avatar by me. Please do not use my artwork without my permission!
Isabella12321
CreaturesTrade
Member of Society of the Trident

Postby Isabella12321 » February 24th, 2017, 12:31:40 am

Kendra "Swift"

Kendra crossed her arms in impatience. She just wanted to BE there already. They had been stuck on this boat for almost 2 days now, and Kendra was starting to feel claustrophobic from not being able to move around much. She started pacing, going over things in her mind.

Blanca has 2 Shifters in Kraken Squad with her, not including herself. I believe they are Kaze and Redd. Seven can probably go with them too... Though from the information I received on him, Redd is a bit loud and annoying, so better not to stick Seven with them too. That might turn out disastrous... With me in Phoenix Squad I have Seven, Tempest, and possibly Kaze to help me scope out the area for the first run. Then Kaze will be with Blanca, and I'd prefer not to bring Seven along to steal information, as he talks too much, so I'll talk to Blanca and see if she can take him along to sink the ship. Tempest has an Owl as a form, I believe, so she'd probably work well for sneaking in, as owls fly silently. I'll probably fly over as-

Kendra's thoughts were interrupted as a voice spoke on the speakers throughout the small ship.

"We are approaching our destination. You have about 20 minutes to get ready, then it's time." the captain informed, and Kendra stopped pacing. She immediately made her way above deck, wanting to leave as soon as possible. She looked around, waiting for Blanca to come up so she could ask about Seven's arrangements.

Adrian "Seven"

"I wonder if I can pull off a backflip as a dolphin." Adrian pondered outloud. He was above deck, leaning on the railing. He stared at the waves, grinning for no apparent reason. He turned as he heard the captain speaking, letting everyone know to be ready, and bla bla bla. Adrian rolled his eyes. As if they weren't ready. They'd been waiting what, 2 days to get there? Did he think they were going to forget or something?

Adrian shrugged to himself, and turned, leaning his back against the railing. He saw Commander Swift come up from below deck, and wondered if everyone was suddenly going to come above deck. He waited, watching quietly.

Razatharia "Tempest"

"We are approaching our destination. You have about 20 minutes to get ready, then it's time." The captain said on the speaker. Raza sighed, putting a bookmark in her book, and closing it.

Guess I should probably head upstairs. She thought, getting up and putting her book in her bag. She ran a hand through her hair, brushing it out of her face, then made her way above deck. Raza was looking forward to this mission, as it was her first "important" mission. All the other ones she'd been on were a lot simpler, and in her opinion, stupid. She much prefered doing something that was worthwhile, and she was definitely skilled enough to go on more difficult missions. She knew it wasn't about what she was capable of, though. It was that Trabeafera Corp. didn't trust her.

Raza started walking above deck, and accidentally walked into someone.

"Oh! Sorry!" She said immediately, taking a step back and looking the person over to make sure they were okay.

((ooc: Take your pick of who Raza ran into xD))

Caleb "Cliff"

"Alright, are you comfortable in your shifted form now?" The trainer asked. He had told Caleb his name, but Caleb forgot about it already.

<Yeah. Sure. When can I see Sabrina?> Caleb asked. He was sitting down, his tail curled beside him. His tail. Caleb flicked his ears around, his hearing much more sensitive than when he was a human. It was extremely weird, being a wolf, but at the same time, it felt good. He felt powerful.

"Please focus on the task at hand. I want you to take a running start and leap at the dummy. I'd like to see how powerful of a blow you can manage." The trainer instructed.

<This seems pointless.> Caleb huffed, but got up and turned in the direction of his target. He crouched for a moment, getting ready. He jumped, and started running forward, pushing himself as fast as he could. He was running a lot faster than any speeds he could achieve as a human. Caleb jumped at the dummy, hitting it with his full force, but then awkwardly fell to the ground.

He jumped back up, grumbling to himself.

<Can I leave now?> Caleb asked grouchily. The trainer sighed, but nodded, pointing at the door, and started writing stuff on his clipboard. Caleb jogged over to the door, his tongue lolling out of his mouth.

"Shift back before you enter." The trainer told Caleb.

Noooo, really??? Caleb thought sarcastically to himself, then proceeded to shift back to human. He stood up once the shifting was done, and moved his fingers around. Shifting made him feel odd, which makes sense, because he's literally changing his body into a different species.

Caleb opened the door, walking back in and immediately going in the direction of Sabrina's room, hoping she was done with whatever she was doing, and that his little sister would be there.
24/25 gifts, thanks!

Thank you

Isabella12321
CreaturesTrade

Postby Akuneko » February 24th, 2017, 5:18:17 am

Blanca

It was a part of her usual morning routine to do some warm ups. Blanca was in the middle of doing her push-ups when the captain’s voice echoed through the halls and the speaker in her room. She immediately stood up and moved to the bag where all her belongings were. After wiping the sweats off her face and neck with a towel, he quickly changed from her sporty shorts and tank-top into the full body suit. She had never been one to be late to anything.

She was on her way to the deck when another person bumped into her. She was a bit off guard but soon returned to her usual cold nature. She didn’t even care to say a word. She recognized the lady at least but, despite having been on board with them for two days, she never actually cared to remember any of the new names. She gave the other woman a cold glance before continued on.

As she came up the stairs, Blanca walked over to Swift.

Reinaldo “Redd”

“YES! FINALLY!” The teenager exclaimed excitedly. He jumped off from his bed and quickly searched through his pile of clothing, tossing pants and t-shirts all over the room. He had been waiting for far too long just to get into action. He hastily put on his suit and ran outside. He ran past Razatharia and up into the deck. He looked around and spotted someone he could talk to.

“Hey, Seven!” He called out to the older teen and ran over. They had talked yesterday. In fact, Redd talked to EVERYBODY, whether they listened or not. “I thought we were never going to arrive. You excited?”

Futaro “Kaze”

Perhaps Futaro was the only one who wished they would never arrive. If the boat broke down or the target blew itself up for him, it would be great. Just imagining that he would have to get down in the water, try to stay alive for long enough to finish the transformation, was terrifying.

He had changed right after hearing the announcement but still hesitated to go out into the deck where he is face to face with the ocean. If he didn’t go though… He took some deep breath to calm down before leaving his room and eventually made it to the stairs. He came just in time to see Redd running like a kid having a sugar rush upstairs. Oh he wished he could be as carefree and happy as the boy.

Sabrina “Paka”

Sabrina was sitting at the start of an obstacle course. Her feline eyes were staring at it in awe. She had just turned into a wild cat (they called it an ocelot didn’t they?) and they already told her to do some obstacle run. She knew cats would have no problem with it but she wasn’t a cat! She might look like one on the outside but…

“Please hurry up. Just do what you can.” The female voice came through the speaker startled her.

<Y… yes.> She replied and walked over to the first thing in front of her. A fence that was half meter tall. From her perspective though, it was super tall. She hesitated for a bit before attempting to mimic how she saw cats jump. She wiggled her bottom a bit and pushed her back legs as hard as she could. To her surprise, she was in the air and to her horror, she didn’t know how to land yet.

She let out a cat yowl as she fell onto the soft floor below on her side. At least she hadn’t hit the thin surface at the top of the fence. It didn’t hurt though, but to a cat it must have been embarrassing. She got up and went to the next obstacle which was a climbing wall.

“Oh, this won’t be good…” She thought to herself.
Akuneko
CreaturesTrade

Postby Isabella12321 » March 6th, 2017, 2:19:50 am

Kendra "Swift"

Kendra noticed Blanca appear beside her. She shifted slightly, always feeling slightly uneasy around the Kraken Squad Leader. Of course, nothing she couldn't handle, it's just that Blanca always seemed so... Cold. Inhuman, maybe? It didn't matter, really. She was a really great commander.

"Hey, Blanca. I was just thinking about the arrangements of who's doing what during what time. I was thinking I could take Seven, Tempest, and Kaze out with me to scope out the area, then probably just take Tempest in with me to get what we need. I don't quite trust Seven to be quiet, in all honesty, so do you think he could help you take down the ship? He has a dolphin form, and he's quite energetic, so he should have no problem with it." Kendra explained, watching Blanca for her reaction. Mostly just to see if she would react at all, with any emotion whatsoever. Kendra hadn't worked with Blanca's Squad much, so she hadn't seen much of Blanca, but word gets around quickly between Shifters, and Blanca had a reputation of being completely emotionless.

She glanced passed Blanca, and spotted Redd and Seven talking, taking a mental note that the two of them seemed to get along good. Go figure. The two most annoying, hyper, and "funny" (Or so they seem to think. No one else finds it funny, just annoying) Shifters aboard this boat. Actually, possibly out off all the Shifters at TC.

Kendra turned her attention back to Blanca, awaiting her reply.

Adrian "Seven"

Adrian grinned as Redd ran over. "Heck yeah, I'm exited! I'm guessing you are too? Though I noticed Kaze has been looking pretty down. He's probably the only one not exited." He laughed. "Aaaand maybe Commander Blanca too. She seems pretty indifferent no matter what happens. Yo, we should see if we can get her to like, do something other than stare at us disappointingly!"

Adrian looked over at where Blanca and Swift were talking. He saw Swift look in their direction, and quickly turned his attention back to Redd, his smile never wavering.

Razatharia "Tempest"

Raza watched as Blanca walked past her and up above deck. She stood there for a moment, wondering about the Kraken Squad leader. She was interesting, to say the least. She noticed Reinaldo run past her, and smirked at his enthusiasm. Him and Adrian were pretty adorable sometimes, and even though basically everyone hated them for being "annoying", she didn't mind their company much. She could definitely handle the stupid jokes, considering she tended to make similar jokes. Though usually just puns. Yup, people got fed up with her quickly when she was in that kind of mood.

Razatharia continued upstairs, and noticed Reinaldo and Adrian talking already. Blanca and Kendra were talking as well, it seemed. She glanced behind her, noticing Futaro at the bottom of the stairs. He didn't look very good. Perhaps he was sea sick, or something?

"Hey, you okay, pal?" Raza asked, concerned. She wasn't exactly expecting a response from him. Maybe a nod, or shake of the head, but other than that, he seemed like a quiet guy, and she hadn't heard him talk much.

Caleb "Cliff"

Caleb stopped, knocking on Sabrina's door.

No answer.

She must still be training. Caleb thought with a sigh, and started walking again. He didn't know his way around the base very well yet, but he was pretty sure he knew where Sabrina's training session was happening, so he decided to go wait over there for her. As he walked through the halls, he stopped.

"Nope. Dunno where the heck I am." Caleb said out loud. He turned around and started walking back, but must've taken another wrong turn, because he just became more lost.

"Dammit. Where the heck am I? How big is this place, anyways?" Caleb voiced his thoughts as he walked, looking around for anything familiar.
24/25 gifts, thanks!

Thank you

Isabella12321
CreaturesTrade

Postby Akuneko » March 11th, 2017, 1:29:11 pm

Blanca

Just as anyone would expect, Blanca’s expression didn’t change one bit. She listened quietly with her arms crossed. She had watched all of the members of their group throughout the two days they had spent on the boat, and learned that Seven was talkative. He was without a doubt not someone she would want to work with. And then there was Redd. This combination would put her to the limit. But, as much as she hated the idea of having the two annoying shifters with her, she had to consider the fact they seemed to get on good term with each other.

“Granted. He may come with me. In fact, I will bring Redd underwater to find its weak spot. If he will join me when we plant the explosive, he better go with me from this point. Kaze has experience in stealth mission, take him with you to collect the data later. But we’ll talk about that later when we have had enough knowledge on the target.”

Reinaldo “Redd”

“Kaze? Yeah he does seem pretty sad. But isn’t he always?” Redd shrugged. He then laughed when Seven mentioned Blanca. “I’d love to see you try. But don’t blame me when she turn into an elephant and sink us all.”

Futaro “Kaze”

Futaro startled when the girl asked him, snapping him out of his own thought. He looked at her then looked away, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. “I’m just a bit nervous is all…” He didn’t want to reveal his phobia to anyone anymore. Not after the guys back in TC learned of it and kept making fun of him. They almost drowned him in the pool once. He took another deep breath and walked upstairs. The vast ocean view stuck his eyes as he arrived. He tried his best not to look at it and stayed as close to the wall as possible.

Sabrina “Paka”

Sabrina jumped finally. She extended her claws and grabbed onto the climbing wall. She stayed still for a few moments before slowly moving up one paw after another. It was difficult, but she also felt the fun. It was as if the cat in her saying she was born to do it. She moved much faster and made it to the top. Then, she ran through a tunnel toward the finish platform without any other issue.

“That’s enough for today. Please change back to your human form before leaving.”

She closed her eyes and think about her appearance. She felt herself becoming larger and her bones rearranging themselves. She didn’t dare to look though. Seeing her hand bones changing wasn’t something she hoped to see. She exited the training room and thought about her brother immediately. Being away from him for too long made her nervous again. She rounded a corner just when she heard an all too familiar voice. Her face brightened the moment she saw the man.

“Caleb.” She called with a smile.

(Didn't proofread, probably full of errors xD)
Akuneko
CreaturesTrade

Postby Isabella12321 » March 20th, 2017, 8:45:28 pm

Kendra "Swift"

Kendra nodded.

"Alright, so in phase one I'll be flying overhead with Kaze and Tempest to scope out above, while you take Redd and Seven to find the weak point below. That gives us 3 members in each squad, nice and even. After that, we meet back on the boat to discuss our next move." Kendra summarized, adjusting the sleeve of her morphing suit.

She did a quick look-around, counting all the Shifters above-deck. It seemed like everyone was up here now. She eyed Tempest, remembering how the Officials back at TC had told her to keep a specific eye on the girl. Kendra wondered if they had told Blanca the same thing. The Officials had debated for a while whether or not to let the younger teen come on this mission, though Kendra didn't know why, other than, of course, she was younger than most of the Shifters that went out on missions. So far, she seemed to be laid back and hadn't caused any trouble. Kendra watched for a moment as Tempest started talking to Kaze.

Kendra's attention went to Redd and Seven, who both seemed happy in each other's company. Neither of them were the youngest on this boat, yet they acted the most childish.

Kendra's thoughts wandered, and her foot started tapping without her realizing. She tended to do things like that when she couldn't get out and move around. Even though they were close to being in range from their target, there was still at least 10 minutes of waiting.

Adrian "Seven"

"She wouldn't actually sink the boat, ya think? I mean, how the heck is she gonna get back if she does? We're in the middle of an ocean!" Adrian pointed out, laughing. "Like, it took us days to get here on a boat. I'm willing to bet it'll take a lot longer traveling without one, even shifted." He continued, glancing up at the clear blue sky above them. "Anyways, I'm just saying, her sinking this ship ain't one of my concerns." Adrian finished, his smile gone for a few moments.

Adrian's brow furrowed as his thoughts took an odd turn.

He quickly shook his head, forcing the thought away, and turned his attention back to Redd, his grin returning.

Razatharia "Tempest"

Raza paused, standing there for a moment. She decided to follow Futaro, taking a few steps to stand beside him. Raza was pretty terrible when it came to remembering people's names, but she had decided to make an effort to learn everyone's names. Their actual names, not the codenames that everyone has. She thought about how her codename was Tempest. She responded to it easily enough, as she was used to having multiple names. She still prefered Raza though.

"...Futaro, right? I'm Raza." She introduced herself. She could tell he was uneasy, though she wasn't sure if it was because she was talking to him, or because they were on a boat, or.... something else. Usually, Raza kept to herself, but being a friendly person nonetheless, wanted to make sure Futaro was okay. Everyone else on the boat seemed good. Except Blanca. Blanca was weird. In a weird way. Like, Raza knew she herself was weird, but Blanca was a different kind of weird.

"Is it the mission you're nervous about?" Razatharia asked, giving him a kind smile. Her hands naturally moved to her pockets, but since she was wearing the suit that Shifters are supposed to wear, there weren't any pockets. She sighed mentally, her hands moving back down to her sides.

Caleb "Cliff"

"Caleb."

He looked over at the sound of his sister's voice, his face lighting up at the sight of her. Caleb walked over happily. He pulled his little sister into a quick hug, then let go, looking her over to make sure she was okay. It was mostly just out of habit, and him feeling protective.

"So how was your training session?" Caleb asked Sabrina as he started walking, gesturing for her to walk with him.
24/25 gifts, thanks!

Thank you

Isabella12321
CreaturesTrade

Postby Akuneko » March 21st, 2017, 2:32:35 am

Blanca

“Affirmative.” Blanca confirmed and just continued staying silent. Speaking when not needed had never been tolerated by the people who raised her. One step out of line would equal punishments. She counted in her mind and once there were about five minutes left, she unfolded her arms and called out to them. “All of you, come!”

Reinaldo “Redd”

“Well she look like she would. She tossed me during training once.” Redd faked a shudder then grinned. He remembered how much his talking annoyed her and she turned full elephant and tossed him (in his aquatic animal form) into the training pool. “Turns out sea-lions can do backflips. The more you know.”

His laughter was cut off by Blanca’s call. “Oops. Baby-sitter’s calling. Gotta run~” He joked and ran over to his commander.

Futaro “Kaze”

He was surprised when the girl called his name. It was rare to have someone use his real name for once. It really caught him off guard and he wasn’t able to immediately respond.

“Y…yeah. That’s my name.” He smiled weakly. His smile faded though when she intrigued him about why he seemed nervous. Should he tell her? Raza seemed like a nice person, compared to most. Still, he was wary of sharing anything with her. Experience wise, he couldn’t trust anyone by just their look anymore.

“Well, you could say so… I’ve never gone on a mission on the sea…” He replied to her, looking at his feet to avoid looking at the water.

Sabrina “Paka”

“I’m still not used to it… I keep falling on my face. Yours must’ve gone well?” Sabrina blushed slightly in embarrassment. Her brother was always better at everything for sure.

Akuneko
CreaturesTrade

Postby Isabella12321 » March 21st, 2017, 5:45:36 pm

Kendra "Swift"

Kendra glanced at Blanca when she called everyone, then proceeded to wait for everyone to arrive. She looked up at the sky, which was clear, the only visible clouds were far off. That meant they had less cover while flying, but that wouldn't be a problem. There was a nice amount of wind, which could prove helpful during the flight, seeing as over the ocean, thermals (warm gusts of air that move upward) were pretty rare, as it's just cold water out here. That meant they would have to strain their wings a lot to gain height and stay aloft. Kendra thought about her 3 avian forms, and quickly decided to use her peregrine falcon form during the scouting part of the mission. The peregrine falcon had amazingly sharp eyesight. She also decided she'd probably use her hummingbird form during the stealth mission sneaking in there, as the small size and incredible maneuverability would come in handy when sneaking around.

Kendra knew that Tempest's avian form was an owl of some sort, but she didn't remember what kind of bird Kaze had. She had a feeling it was a hawk of some sort, but didn't remember which kind. Of course, seeing any of these birds in the middle of an ocean would alert any birdwatchers that something strange was up, but most likely these people wouldn't be looking for birds. They'd be keeping an eye out for enemy boats, planes, submarines, and anything in between.

Shifting was a closely guarded secret, which was why one of the number one rules was to never shift in a place you could be seen, with places like TC base being an exception. This floating enemy military base would have no idea that they were coming, and even if they saw the foreign birds flying, probably wouldn't put up any defences.

Kendra watched as Redd ran over first, and remembered hearing about how he was stuck with Blanca for basically everything.

Adrian "Seven"

Adrian laughed when Redd talked about seals being able to do backflips. He heard Commander Blanca calling for everyone to join her and Commander Swift over yonder, and watched as Redd ran off to his "babysitter". Adrian sent one more glance out to the vast ocean before stretching and heading over as well.

He stopped beside Redd, waiting for everyone else to join them, and for the commanders to let them know what the plan was. Who was going where, and when. And he secretly hoped he was going with Redd, who was basically his friend at first sight.

Razatharia "Tempest"

Raza could still feel his uneasiness, and he clearly didn't trust easily. She nodded when Futaro said he had never gone on a mission on the sea, and her brain started trying to click things together. The most likely reason he was nervous seemed to be that he had a possible fear of the ocean, or deep water? Maybe just the isolation of it all. Then again, just because he said he hadn't been on an ocean mission before, that didn't mean it was the root of his nervousness. It could be the fact that she was talking to him, or maybe he was just nervous about the mission in general. Her thoughts paused for about half a second, then changed direction. She tried to figure out if she herself was nervous about any of this. The answer was no. Not much bugged Raza, and even when things used to, she got so used to ignoring the fear or nervousness that it eventually disappeared. She looked Futaro over, noticing how he stared at his feet. Was it because he was shy? He seemed like he could be a shy person. Maybe he didn't want to talk. Oh well.

Brain, for once can you just.... Slow down? Raza asked herself in exasperation, fed up with how her thoughts never seemed to stop.

She turned her head to look over as someone called everyone. She recognized it as Blanca. She saw the two other guys join the two commanders, and figured she and Futaro had better do the same. Blanca seemed like a strict kind of person, and even though Kendra was a commander as well, even she seemed slightly uneasy around the Kraken Commander.

"...I guess we should probably go over there." Raza said, turning to look back at Futaro. "But hey, if you ever want to talk to someone, feel free to talk to me." She added, walking backwards towards everyone before turning around and joining the group of Shifters.

Caleb "Cliff"

Caleb thought about his training.

"Well, it was definitely really cool being a wolf, y'know? But uh... Yeah it was different than being human obviously. I'm not gonna lie, when I tried to tackle the target I fell down like an idiot. The animal's base instincts seem to still be there though, so I got a hang of running properly pretty quickly. You just need to... relax, I guess. And practice? Besides, I'm sure you did great." He said, ruffling his sister's hair with a smile.

"I'm kinda hungry after all of that, though. Do you remember the way to the Cafeteria? I'm pretty sure it's up a floor or two, but I don't know." Caleb hummed, looking around. "We should've been given maps, or a GPS system or something." He added with a playful smirk. Around Sabrina was the only time that he ever relaxed or fooled around, otherwise he was pretty cold.
24/25 gifts, thanks!

Thank you

Isabella12321
CreaturesTrade

Next

Return to Private Stage