Naomi carefully lifted a large leather bound book from a warped shelf. "These pictures are damaged and the notes are nearly illegible, but I'm certain I've never seen hybrids like these before. I wonder if anyone might know what they are?" The librarian beckoned to her sunbeast as the she slowly made her way back to her desk. "I think I know a few magi who would enjoy this kind of challenge."
Hello everyone and welcome to our February contest: Design a Hybrid! Yes, that's right, love is in the air (or maybe it's just mold spores) and the time has come for you to tell us all about your dream hybrid. There are a few simple rules to be aware of, so read them carefully.
- You must design a hybrid creature using two existing Magistream creatures.
- Both creatures you use must not have any restrictions on breeding; this rules out anything that is unbreedable (e. g. Cestoda, Goldfish, Amagnae); anything that has a limited amount of breedings (e. g. Tinsel Wyrms); anything that has a cost associated with breeding (e. g. donation pets)
If you're unsure, please check the Bestiary.
- Your entry may be in the form of art (egg, hatchling, adult) or written descriptions (egg, hatchling, adult, and a general description). Either way, you need to specify which two species breed to create that hybrid.
- You may enter up to five times, but you may only win once. Please create a new thread for each entry.
- Post your entries in the Competition Entries forum.
- This contest is for fun – we don’t guarantee that any of the creatures users come up with will ever be added to the site.
- Members of the MS staff are not eligible to win prizes, but may enter if they desire.
- The contest will run from today until March 5, 11:30 pm EST.
- There will be three prizes awarded: the grand prize winner will receive five crystal shards, the second place winner will receive three shards, and the third place winner will receive two shards.
- Any discussions or questions regarding this contest go into the dedicated thread in the Community Discussions.