Bored? Write or Answer a Prompt!

Share any written short stories, novels, or poetry

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

Re: Bored? Write or Answer a Prompt!

Postby silverarrow820 » November 11th, 2017, 5:44:08 am

Prompt: In a world where humans are born with a special talent or trait that defines them, you are born without this certain trait. What would others think about you? How would you feel? Would you try and find your talent or trait? How would your story end?
Bultaoreune!
Please Click!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
silverarrow820
CreaturesTrade

Postby Octopusituational » December 19th, 2017, 2:52:15 pm

I open my eyes, then quickly scrunch them closed again in protection against the severe stabbing rays of sunlight. The grit against my cheek feels like sandpaper as I lift my head, increasing the intense pounding of my headache. Jesus Christ, where am I? I open my eyes a crack and stare straight ahead, my vision filled by a scene right off a postcard. Picturesque palm trees sway in the foreground, and farther back a sea of verdant greenery climbs its way up a slate grey mountain tipped with snow. I turn around and a turquoise sea encompasses my sight for as far as the eye can see.I look up and a harsh sun beams down on me, burning my skin into flakes. I've gotta get some shade. I struggle to my feet and start to walk towards the forest.

After what seems like forever, I reach the emerald green trees, and the second I step underneath the leaves blessed shade cools the sweat on my brow and seems to almost make the pain in my exhausted sunburnt body disappear. I fall to my knees and rest for a few minutes against the trunk of a oak. Thought other than just the basic animistic needs returns to my head, and I start wondering how I got here in the first place.

Hey guys! If you'd like more of this story from the island prompt please tell me in the comments, I'd appreciate any constructive critisism you could supply. Thank you so much! <3 <3 <3
Octopusituational
CreaturesTrade

Postby HeyItsMaddieHere » December 31st, 2017, 3:01:57 pm

Prompt: In a world where humans are born with a special talent or trait that defines them, you are born without this certain trait. What would others think about you? How would you feel? Would you try and find your talent or trait? How would your story end?

I woke up as a small child, unwanted. But why? It was later found, I was born with no special talent. I wasn't like the others. I wasn't like everybody else. I try to attend school every day, I try and blend in with everybody else. But everybody knows about me. I'm the mysterious girl with no talent. I see others at school showing their talents off, and I can't help but feel jealous.
I've heard rumors in the hallways, walking to my classes, saying that my mother had no talents and that's why I didn't. But I know they aren't true. My mother's talent is singing, and she's wonderful at it. People always come up to me and say I'm unwanted, no one will ever love me, and even when they talk to me, they don't make eye contact. They're afraid that because I have no talent, if they interact with me too often, they'll lose their talents, too.
I hate it. Just because I'm different talent-wise doesn't mean I'm not a human being, just like them. I've been trying for years, ever since I've figured out what was wrong with me. Why people don't like me. When I was told, I was devastated. I've been trying so hard to find a talent, but haven't had any such luck. Sure, I'm pretty, but no one wants to interact with me. Like I said before, they're afraid of losing their talents and traits if they get too close to me.
Hi! I was wondering what item was used to breed an albino direwolf? Please message me if you know! ;3
HeyItsMaddieHere
CreaturesTrade

Postby SarahPlainandTall » February 7th, 2018, 5:51:43 pm

Prompt: You are a wild animal, you are lost one island what would you do?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SarahPlainandTall
CreaturesTrade

Postby Pok » February 25th, 2018, 8:43:45 am

silverarrow820 wrote:Prompt: In a world where humans are born with a special talent or trait that defines them, you are born without this certain trait. What would others think about you? How would you feel? Would you try and find your talent or trait? How would your story end?

TW for negative intrusive thoughts near the end. It took a dark turn, so I added a fluffy ending if that's more to your taste, just open both spoiler tags.

Keep's Contents: (1) Fan Gael Club
Inhabitable Temperature Range: 25-35 degrees Celsius
Fave Song Line: :t-sweat:
Pok
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood

Postby TheEmbodimentOfKarma » March 8th, 2018, 6:10:39 pm

silverarrow820 wrote:Prompt: In a world where humans are born with a special talent or trait that defines them, you are born without this certain trait. What would others think about you? How would you feel? Would you try and find your talent or trait? How would your story end?

My name is Kami.
I am normal.
I wake up, go to school, come home, sleep again.
Of course, I hate it.
A mother with perfect timing.
A father with great strength.
A sister who can read minds.
And I got nothing.

I am the brother.
I am “another”
Walk into school, hear the whispers, the shudders.
“How is he normal?” they mutter.
“He’s just some kid from the gutters.”
The truth that I know is I’m a boat without a rudder.

It wasn’t long before it hit me, it struck me
If I’m nothing special, I must be real lucky
No other human alive has been like me
It strikes me, to be special, you gotta pay a slight fee
All the kids in school
They think they’re really cool
All they got is their talent to make them fit in nicely
That’s their personality
But welcome to reality
What happens when you’re gone? You ain’t nothing but a fatality.

“If everyone is super... no one will be.”
-Syndrome, The Incredibles
CG: THE WORST IS YET TO COME.
CG: FOR YOU.

TheEmbodimentOfKarma
CreaturesTrade
Member of The Dark Brotherhood

Postby Sanukuni » March 13th, 2018, 2:45:33 am

Prompt: Your apart of a world where scientist used a specialized nuclear missile to splice over 95% of the world's population of living entities with human or animal dna. You are apart of a human settlement where they are one of the remaining 'pure' humans, but you have a secret.

A. You are a primate based 'Splician' and the only obvious sign is a DBZ style tail that you keep wrapped around your waist.

B. You have a hologram to hide the fact you are a full body Splician.

C. You actually don't hate or fear Splician, a big nono in the settlement.

D. You found a Splician injured and you're healing it in a hidden place.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sanukuni
CreaturesTrade

Previous

Return to Tea House