FAQ: The Frequently Asked Questions thread (Update Sept)

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.

Re: The new Frequently Asked Questions thread

Postby Benevolent » December 25th, 2010, 1:53:39 am

A quick question: If you want to change your username do you PM one the Admins?
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Benevolent
CreaturesTrade
 
Posts: 1217
Joined: July 4th, 2010, 5:03:59 am
Gender: Kraken

Re: The new Frequently Asked Questions thread

Postby TNHawke » December 25th, 2010, 1:54:43 am

Yup. PM Morgaln and tell him the new name, and I think why you want it changed, and he'll usually let you.
Hawke's IRL fiance, Lunaroki, suffered a massive stroke and died on Tuesday, March 31st, 2015.

Hawke needs to concentrate on other things, and is leaving MS permanently.

Thank you all for many fun years.

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
TNHawke
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor
 
Posts: 10398
Joined: June 15th, 2009, 1:35:40 am
Location: A kaleidoscope colored reality of my own design
Gender: Female

Re: The new Frequently Asked Questions thread

Postby Benevolent » December 25th, 2010, 1:57:44 am

Ah okay, thanks Hawke! :wave:
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Benevolent
CreaturesTrade
 
Posts: 1217
Joined: July 4th, 2010, 5:03:59 am
Gender: Kraken

Re: The new Frequently Asked Questions thread

Postby MARVOL » December 26th, 2010, 1:29:20 pm

Thank you
User avatar
MARVOL
CreaturesTrade
 
Posts: 1
Joined: December 26th, 2010, 1:18:04 pm
Gender: Male

Re: The new Frequently Asked Questions thread

Postby umbreon241 » December 29th, 2010, 9:31:39 am

BAMitsKatniss wrote:I didnt bother to read all that..... *looks around frantically* HOW DO U GET A CREATURE!? :rawr:

I don't blame you for reading, Morg should put it in spoilers.
Go to the home page of the Stream. Wait for a egg to float along that looks cool to you. Click on it, and you have yourself your first creature!
Busy with school but you can find ways to contact me on my profile if you need to reach me. ^_^

Feel free to call me Umbry! :bounce:
User avatar
umbreon241
CreaturesTrade
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
Posts: 28148
Joined: September 13th, 2009, 11:05:17 am
Location: The astral plane
Gender: Kraken

Re: The new Frequently Asked Questions thread

Postby Enitsnid » December 29th, 2010, 10:02:53 am

A question about families: I would like to create my own lineage, but I'm unsure if the progenators need to be unbred. If the progenators have been bred prior to the creation of the lineage, will the prior offspring show up as part of the family?
Image


ImageImageImageImage
Singature Set by Yellowfang




Image
User avatar
Enitsnid
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor
 
Posts: 1743
Joined: September 10th, 2010, 4:22:34 pm
Location: Hjerim in Windhelm
Gender: Female

Re: The new Frequently Asked Questions thread

Postby Kriever » December 29th, 2010, 10:05:14 am

Enitsnid wrote:A question about families: I would like to create my own lineage, but I'm unsure if the progenators need to be unbred. If the progenators have been bred prior to the creation of the lineage, will the prior offspring show up as part of the family?


They don't have to be unbred, and no, they won't show up.

There's a small FAQ here if you have any other related questions, just scroll down a bit. :: Here.
Image

Image
User avatar
Kriever
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor
 
Posts: 4016
Joined: August 14th, 2009, 11:17:13 am
Location: Atreia, Sanctum

Re: The new Frequently Asked Questions thread

Postby Layna » December 29th, 2010, 5:03:29 pm

Someone PLEASE be so good and tell me something: Is "Give me somethign random for my creature, I don't care what, just anything you want to throw at me" really forbidden?
I mean, if I just want somethign random for a creature... is that a bad thing???

Layna
User avatar
Layna
CreaturesTrade
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
Posts: 1334
Joined: September 9th, 2009, 5:19:50 pm

Re: The new Frequently Asked Questions thread

Postby Jeni » December 29th, 2010, 5:59:42 pm

Layna wrote:Someone PLEASE be so good and tell me something: Is "Give me somethign random for my creature, I don't care what, just anything you want to throw at me" really forbidden?
I mean, if I just want somethign random for a creature... is that a bad thing???

Layna


If you asked in the Merchant District? Yes, it is forbidden, as I understand the rules. You're supposed to
be specific about what you want to trade, to avoid anyone being taken advantage of, and so that no one can claim they were cheated later on. Haggling or asking for offers (outside of a LTB thread), isn't permissible.
It hasn't been for some time now.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Jeni
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: July 13th, 2009, 12:12:26 am
Location: out
Gender: Kraken

Re: The new Frequently Asked Questions thread

Postby Morgaln » December 29th, 2010, 6:23:57 pm

Jeni wrote:
Layna wrote:Someone PLEASE be so good and tell me something: Is "Give me somethign random for my creature, I don't care what, just anything you want to throw at me" really forbidden?
I mean, if I just want somethign random for a creature... is that a bad thing???

Layna


If you asked in the Merchant District? Yes, it is forbidden, as I understand the rules. You're supposed to
be specific about what you want to trade, to avoid anyone being taken advantage of, and so that no one can claim they were cheated later on. Haggling or asking for offers (outside of a LTB thread), isn't permissible.
It hasn't been for some time now.


Actually, I'd allow "anything" as a price for the creature if you are really willing to take the first thing someone offers for the creature, even if it is a 15th generation inbred Koi named Fish...
What did the monk say to his food?


Image
This is Moe. Moe's a saurus.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Morgaln
CreaturesTrade
Wielder of the Banhammer
 
Posts: 13126
Joined: June 1st, 2009, 3:04:09 pm
Location: Munich, Germany
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Support and Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests