New Creatures Mist and Telvian Ammits

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.

Re: New Creatures Mist and Telvian Ammits

Postby PrincessOfVampires » March 7th, 2019, 11:57:40 am

NelwNoll wrote:
ImageImage


I like these. :well:
User avatar
PrincessOfVampires
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
Posts: 2828
Joined: February 21st, 2014, 11:11:39 am
Location: Czech Republic
Gender: Female

Re: New Creatures Mist and Telvian Ammits

Postby Cheystar » March 7th, 2019, 1:37:09 pm

Took me about 20 tries to get ONE egg from the Mistwalker/Ammit pairing. Guess they don't want you to have too many of those.
Image ImageImageImage
User avatar
Cheystar
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
Posts: 395
Joined: September 13th, 2012, 4:54:34 pm
Location: Knockturn Alley
Gender: Female

Re: New Creatures Mist and Telvian Ammits

Postby Faleep » March 7th, 2019, 1:49:19 pm

Cheystar wrote:Guess they don't want you to have too many of those.

All I can say is;
“Watch me.”
creatures for sale in my sale tabs! Pm for prices
i sell shards at 35k each! PM me for more information.
hatch the babies! :D

Codes for people who want them;

i collect/army SB Ammit hatchlings and SB Potootoes
my wishlist,
User avatar
Faleep
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
Posts: 18025
Joined: November 27th, 2011, 2:53:02 am
Location: Hiding.
Gender: Non-binary

Re: New Creatures Mist and Telvian Ammits

Postby BBkat » March 7th, 2019, 2:21:01 pm

Hitsugaya wrote:it has nothing from the other Hybrid-Part except the color. i have crossed the fingers, to get other kinds of adult sprites, because i don't like the crocodile head from the ammits, more cat like would be greater. but okay, its a new hybrid one with other colors, the black ones looks better than the other ammits. but i'm a little bit sad that the other parts don't change the sprite from the hybrid, for excample the Chimeras has a Sprite out of both parent parts, but the ammits only change the color. :headdesk:


I mean it has the spots like the panther and is semti-transparent as well. And considering the Telvian Panther is literally just a black panther that can go invisible, that's all that can be put onto the Ammit.
The animal head isn't going to change because that's, literally what makes it an Ammit.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammit
If they gave it a cat-like head it would just be, all cat. Seeing how it already has a feline body, putting a cat head on it would have it, a cat(esp since these Ammits, unlike the mythical creature they're based on don't have hippo butts). You can't make it 'more cat-like' when it's already more than half cat as it is.

As for your comparison with the Chimera, that's because the mythical Chimera from which it's based HAS a goat's head and a lion's head, so ofc a Chimera on here-whether it was a hybrid or not-is going to have one.
Not all hybrids are going to look like a straight up physical mish-mash of the parents.


EDIT:
I meant to post this here last night but posted it in the wrong thread, OTL
I just noticed this on the twitter post about the new creatures-
'Do they have something to do with the mystery of Alethin?'
:orly:
User avatar
BBkat
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
Posts: 35650
Joined: November 1st, 2009, 2:38:37 pm
Location: At my Computer
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: New Creatures Mist and Telvian Ammits

Postby Crystalline » March 7th, 2019, 4:13:28 pm

Firstly.... LOVE these.
Secondly, not sure if anyone has asked or talked about it previously,

(i'm lazy and don't have the patience to read through everyone's posts... im sorry)
But does it matter which you breed to? Do the panthers/mist stalkers have to breed with the leopard ammits, or can these new eggies be produced with the lion ammits as well?
Image Image Image
♥ Felix, Rest easy my friend. Until we meet again... (08/19/2017) ♥
Image
Visit my Shop | My Wishlist
♥ 20/25 Gifts! Thank you, thank you & Happy Solstice! ♥
Thank you to Chocoholic for my new favorite baby!
User avatar
Crystalline
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
Posts: 305
Joined: August 31st, 2017, 5:55:40 pm
Location: Up here in da north country
Gender: Female

Re: New Creatures Mist and Telvian Ammits

Postby Magics » March 7th, 2019, 4:20:35 pm

Crystalline wrote:Firstly.... LOVE these.
Secondly, not sure if anyone has asked or talked about it previously,

(i'm lazy and don't have the patience to read through everyone's posts... im sorry)
But does it matter which you breed to? Do the panthers/mist stalkers have to breed with the leopard ammits, or can these new eggies be produced with the lion ammits as well?

All 4 types of stream Ammits can breed with the panthers/stalkers to produce the hybrids ^_^
User avatar
Magics
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
Posts: 2638
Joined: July 5th, 2018, 8:05:18 am
Gender: Female

Re: New Creatures Mist and Telvian Ammits

Postby NyxNoire » March 7th, 2019, 7:07:52 pm

mom1995577 wrote:Ridan is gonna be upset with us lol XD


I was SO impressed with you mentioning these in the black market thread just the other day, it's like you can look into the future or something, that was awesome! :D
Image
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage Image Image
Image
User avatar
NyxNoire
CreaturesTrade
Site Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
Posts: 12987
Joined: July 26th, 2009, 2:36:23 am
Location: North of the Alps and South of the Fells
Gender: Female

Re: New Creatures Mist and Telvian Ammits

Postby VilaWolf » March 7th, 2019, 9:18:31 pm

BBkat wrote:
Hitsugaya wrote:it has nothing from the other Hybrid-Part except the color. i have crossed the fingers, to get other kinds of adult sprites, because i don't like the crocodile head from the ammits, more cat like would be greater. but okay, its a new hybrid one with other colors, the black ones looks better than the other ammits. but i'm a little bit sad that the other parts don't change the sprite from the hybrid, for excample the Chimeras has a Sprite out of both parent parts, but the ammits only change the color. :headdesk:


I mean it has the spots like the panther and is semti-transparent as well. And considering the Telvian Panther is literally just a black panther that can go invisible, that's all that can be put onto the Ammit.
The animal head isn't going to change because that's, literally what makes it an Ammit.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammit
If they gave it a cat-like head it would just be, all cat. Seeing how it already has a feline body, putting a cat head on it would have it, a cat(esp since these Ammits, unlike the mythical creature they're based on don't have hippo butts). You can't make it 'more cat-like' when it's already more than half cat as it is.

As for your comparison with the Chimera, that's because the mythical Chimera from which it's based HAS a goat's head and a lion's head, so ofc a Chimera on here-whether it was a hybrid or not-is going to have one.
Not all hybrids are going to look like a straight up physical mish-mash of the parents.
[/quote]

Don't assume everyone is on-sight familiar with the story the critters are based on, or that the Wikipedia entry is at all an accurate summary of the story. Though I will say, using Wikipedia does explain how the Thunderbirds happened.

As another example, more relevant to the Ammits entry, that stub makes no mention of the debate over the Hippo's butt. It /could/ be that the Ammits were not final death at all, given the Hippo's symbolic connection to birth. It /could/ be that that those who were found unworthy of an afterlife were doomed to be reincarnated in this world.

Which means that Magi's removing of the Hippo Third completely alters the meaning and purpose of the creature.

Though it is all just debate, since the "biographical scroll" describing the meaning and purpose of Ammit has yet to be found, if it ever existed at all.


Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
For Sale and Trade tabs hidden while I do some Keep Sorting.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.

Image
User avatar
VilaWolf
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
Posts: 1406
Joined: July 11th, 2009, 2:23:58 am
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.
Gender: Kraken

Re: New Creatures Mist and Telvian Ammits

Postby BBkat » March 7th, 2019, 9:30:37 pm

I was just linking it for the images of the mythical creature that the MS one was based on and how they always have a crocodile head. I *know* the MS creatures are not the same the ones they're based on, appearance or lore wise (case in point the Chimera that was also, the actual Chimera from Greek mythology was also part dragon or serpent-it's been depicted breathing fire and having wings and a snake tail)
User avatar
BBkat
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
Posts: 35650
Joined: November 1st, 2009, 2:38:37 pm
Location: At my Computer
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: New Creatures Mist and Telvian Ammits

Postby Cheystar » March 7th, 2019, 11:19:00 pm

I still am having a hard time breeding these. I like the mist ones the best, but I'll lose interest fast since I've bred about 30 pairs and only have gotten 4 eggs.
Image ImageImageImage
User avatar
Cheystar
CreaturesTrade
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
Posts: 395
Joined: September 13th, 2012, 4:54:34 pm
Location: Knockturn Alley
Gender: Female

PreviousNext

Return to Community Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BBkat, PeterCamenzind, zuea and 4 guests