I hope I won't have to regret this, but I've decided to try out a freebie thread on MS. I'm not going to do commissions, because I'd hate to charge the rates I'd charge if I were doing some, but I also don't want to undersell myself, so free gifts it is then.
I do just traditional art for now, proceed to the spoiler for examples.
Please read all the rules before requesting.
1. There will be ONE slot open at a single time. When it's taken, you have to wait until the next opening to try for a slot. There will be no waiting lists.
2. Be polite. Politeness also includes both not rushing me and not bawwing about having missed a slot.
3. Usual "no stealsies"/"don't claim as your own" rules apply.
3. You may request me to draw ONE Magistream creature. Please don't make any pose requests, I will try to make it interesting on my own. You may ask for an object/accessory to be added to your creature, and you may state if you want it to be a hatchling/adult or male female. These things you must state in your request post and they can't be altered afterwards, since traditional art doesn't have Ctrl + Z. The form is at the end of the post.
3a. General Black/Greylist limitations also apply.
4. One person can request once during the existence of this thread, and I won't repeat same species adults/hatchlings, so in case you get a slot, choose wisely. :3
4a. Please check if another person hasn't posted before you even if you see the thread title say (one slot open!), because sometimes I don't immediately get to update things due to being busy or just jerking around.
5. A condition I place on each requester is that they MUST use the art for some time after I've finished it, either in their signature (rotating images are fine), or as their avatar. I'll provide signature-sized images and sometimes avatar crops. This rule is in place because I have bad experience with people never coming back to say "thank you". It is not my duty to beg people to pay attention to free art I've done, if they have requested it. Even if you don't like the result for some reason, you should at least thank the artist for taking their time.
6. Due to said bad experience, if/when 5 people manage to irritate me with this thread, it will be locked, and all offenders will be blacklisted from any future chances of getting art from me.
7. By the way, you are allowed to criticise my upcoming art for this thread, as long as it's constructive/about things that can be improved, such as colouring, anatomy etc.
8. Art will be usually done within a week or two, unless I'm horribly busy elsewhere.
9. This should be kind-of obvious, but the only people allowed to use requested pictures are 1) the requester and 2) me. Offsite linking is OK as long as you credit me and, preferably, link to my dA.
Before I forget, examples for the level of detail you might receive:
These are all from last year, but I'd like to think I've improved a teensy bit. :u
Lastly, if you see an open slot, use this form for requesting:
- Code: Select all
[size=150]Niv, I'd like to get a drawing from you, please![/size]
Any accessory/object? (optional)
Currently working on:
Updated in signature status, because I'm lazy. :u
And I think that's really it then. Let's hope this will be fun for a while.