20 years old and still single! is there something wrong?

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

Re: 20 years old and still single! is there something wrong?

Postby Kamorth » April 20th, 2012, 4:36:42 pm

sparkpaw wrote:First off- I love this thread.
Second- I haven't read anything but the first post- and snippits of a few.
XD

But I'm in the same position- never kissed, nor even hugged a guy in any situation that was more than "friend" and even then- very rare. I'm also 20 and overweight.... I often have self doubt problems, wondering what's wrong with me, do I scare them away, am I ugly, etc. I look at other females and wish I could dress as well as them or land the guy they have, etc. But oh well- however, I've slowly come to learn something...

I am who I am- and even if I do have some personality flaws I'd like to work out, I'm in general going to be and stay me- and realizing this has helped me to just say whatever and talk to guys I work with like normal co-workers. I don't act interested in them in any way- because honestly I just want to build friendships with them first.

So don't worry dear- you are obviously not in the same boat. ^_^


Had to say something here.

I'm happily in a relationship with a guy I've known for 11 years through the internet. We met in person for the first time 8 months ago and have been inseperable ever since. I'm 29.

When I first met DC, I lied to him about my size, because I was 18 and embarrassed about the fact that I weighed 115 kilos (253 lb). In the last decade my weight has fluctuated between that and 56 kg (123 lb), and I've been in and out of relationships at all my various sizes. I actually had a guy cheat on me once because I went from 90ish kg to 70ish over the couple of months we were together, and I wasn't curvy enough for him anymore. The various size changes came with personality... erm.. evolutions? that weren't always good but weren't always bad either and were almost always rooted in attempts to "fit in" and be what other people expected.

Now, I'm comfortable at 80kg (176 lb) with a personality that is all me and not at all trying to impress anyone, and I've never been happier. I flew halfway around the world in this body, with this personality and mindset, and found the most amazing partner for me I have ever met, and everything has been amazing ever since.

My point is, if you want to lose weight, do it for yourself and your own reasons, not because the magazines tell you to. If you want to change aspects of your personality, do so because you are the one who is unhappy with those aspects, not because you think other people are. You would be amazed how much about you other people like or even love without you ever knowing about it.

What I did sounds silly, but it worked for me. I wrote a letter to myself, telling me all the things I liked about me. It was short at first, but as I was writing I found more and more that I had never thought of before, and before I knew it I had 4 pages of compliments I felt I deserved. Of course, I never showed the letter to anyone else, but I still read it occasionally when I'm feeling low and it reminds me why I deserve to be happy. After I wrote it, I noticed that all those things I had written down started to show through more and more, and the things I didn't like started to happen less and less. Fake friends vanished, new friends who I get on with much more showed up, old friends I had all but lost contact with suddenly wanted to spend more time with me, and I got closer to the people who truly matter to me. I'm not perfect, I still have the odd bad day, but now it's once every couple of months, for a few hours at most, instead of days or weeks at a time. The biggest change is how much happier I am. I can walk through town with my head up now, instead of ducking my eyes or staring at my shoes everytime someone walks past. I don't feel like everyone is staring at me or judging me anymore.

I sounds clichèd, but there's a reason for sayings becoming clichès; You need to love who you are before you can expect anyone else to. And you need to do it for you, or it won't stick.
I use multilinks and click pages at a time. I click all adoptables and keepers, and return clicks where I can.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image
It's over 3000 now. Join with this link and I'll help you get started.
User avatar
Kamorth
CreaturesTrade
 
Posts: 10
Joined: March 19th, 2012, 12:42:15 pm
Gender: Female

Re: 20 years old and still single! is there something wrong?

Postby Weremoon87 » April 27th, 2012, 11:59:26 am

There's nothing wrong. You just have to wait until the right one pops up :3
Image Image ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Weremoon87
CreaturesTrade
 
Posts: 26
Joined: April 25th, 2012, 11:48:58 am
Gender: Female

Re: 20 years old and still single! is there something wrong?

Postby cuteAkogara » May 13th, 2012, 8:48:07 pm

Kamorth wrote:
sparkpaw wrote:First off- I love this thread.
Second- I haven't read anything but the first post- and snippits of a few.
XD

But I'm in the same position- never kissed, nor even hugged a guy in any situation that was more than "friend" and even then- very rare. I'm also 20 and overweight.... I often have self doubt problems, wondering what's wrong with me, do I scare them away, am I ugly, etc. I look at other females and wish I could dress as well as them or land the guy they have, etc. But oh well- however, I've slowly come to learn something...

I am who I am- and even if I do have some personality flaws I'd like to work out, I'm in general going to be and stay me- and realizing this has helped me to just say whatever and talk to guys I work with like normal co-workers. I don't act interested in them in any way- because honestly I just want to build friendships with them first.

So don't worry dear- you are obviously not in the same boat. ^_^


Had to say something here.

I'm happily in a relationship with a guy I've known for 11 years through the internet. We met in person for the first time 8 months ago and have been inseperable ever since. I'm 29.

When I first met DC, I lied to him about my size, because I was 18 and embarrassed about the fact that I weighed 115 kilos (253 lb). In the last decade my weight has fluctuated between that and 56 kg (123 lb), and I've been in and out of relationships at all my various sizes. I actually had a guy cheat on me once because I went from 90ish kg to 70ish over the couple of months we were together, and I wasn't curvy enough for him anymore. The various size changes came with personality... erm.. evolutions? that weren't always good but weren't always bad either and were almost always rooted in attempts to "fit in" and be what other people expected.

Now, I'm comfortable at 80kg (176 lb) with a personality that is all me and not at all trying to impress anyone, and I've never been happier. I flew halfway around the world in this body, with this personality and mindset, and found the most amazing partner for me I have ever met, and everything has been amazing ever since.

My point is, if you want to lose weight, do it for yourself and your own reasons, not because the magazines tell you to. If you want to change aspects of your personality, do so because you are the one who is unhappy with those aspects, not because you think other people are. You would be amazed how much about you other people like or even love without you ever knowing about it.

What I did sounds silly, but it worked for me. I wrote a letter to myself, telling me all the things I liked about me. It was short at first, but as I was writing I found more and more that I had never thought of before, and before I knew it I had 4 pages of compliments I felt I deserved. Of course, I never showed the letter to anyone else, but I still read it occasionally when I'm feeling low and it reminds me why I deserve to be happy. After I wrote it, I noticed that all those things I had written down started to show through more and more, and the things I didn't like started to happen less and less. Fake friends vanished, new friends who I get on with much more showed up, old friends I had all but lost contact with suddenly wanted to spend more time with me, and I got closer to the people who truly matter to me. I'm not perfect, I still have the odd bad day, but now it's once every couple of months, for a few hours at most, instead of days or weeks at a time. The biggest change is how much happier I am. I can walk through town with my head up now, instead of ducking my eyes or staring at my shoes everytime someone walks past. I don't feel like everyone is staring at me or judging me anymore.

I sounds clichèd, but there's a reason for sayings becoming clichès; You need to love who you are before you can expect anyone else to. And you need to do it for you, or it won't stick.

thing is I had to start losing weight because my doctor told me if my size did not go down my heart would get worse. I am on medications that also will effect your heart and can cause strokes and blood clots if I don't smarten up and stay healthy. I am losing weight because I want to be around for my kid but I think my over weight issue was the reason why I was so hard on my self. Being under weight or overweight effects your self esteem and it makes you depressed and it makes you say to yourself "Well because I am not that size I am never good enough." I may always be doubting myself because I also have mental disabilities like Autism and bipolar and I will lose faith in myself. as of right now I feel that hate is a stronger emotion then love and maybe if I hate people it will make me feel better because what will loving someone gain me.
User avatar
cuteAkogara
CreaturesTrade
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: May 15th, 2010, 11:59:22 pm
Location: Newfoundland
Gender: Female

Re: 20 years old and still single! is there something wrong?

Postby Cassowary » May 13th, 2012, 9:28:39 pm

People won't be nice to you if you won't be nice to them. It's a give and take.

Just saying, being so blatantly rude to others won't get you anywhere in life. And everyone's a stranger to begin with - so if you don't care about others just because you don't know them, you won't ever get to know anyone well, much less get them to like you.
ImageImageImageImage

Image
User avatar
Cassowary
CreaturesTrade
 
Posts: 24590
Joined: March 10th, 2011, 1:27:31 pm
Gender: Female

Re: 20 years old and still single! is there something wrong?

Postby cuteAkogara » May 14th, 2012, 6:19:57 am

Cassowary wrote:People won't be nice to you if you won't be nice to them. It's a give and take.

Just saying, being so blatantly rude to others won't get you anywhere in life. And everyone's a stranger to begin with - so if you don't care about others just because you don't know them, you won't ever get to know anyone well, much less get them to like you.

Didn't morg tell all of you guys to drop it besides all I said the other day was I did not like the bronze dragons and what happend was unspeakable people went out and judged me as a person for a opinoion called me a troll and said I treated my friends bad because I did not like what the users were saying to me. I am reporting this since your attacking my character again. I am actually nice to people who I see around town I am not nice to people who attack me!

Oh by the way reported. I wont stand for having people attack me its only fair I get to use this site without you making assumptions that I am rude to people who don't attack me
User avatar
cuteAkogara
CreaturesTrade
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: May 15th, 2010, 11:59:22 pm
Location: Newfoundland
Gender: Female

Re: 20 years old and still single! is there something wrong?

Postby Cassowary » May 14th, 2012, 6:24:58 am

cuteAkogara wrote:idn't morg tell all of you guys to drop it besides all I said the other day was I did not like the bronze dragons and what happend was unspeakable people went out and judged me as a person for a opinoion called me a troll and said I treated my friends bad because I did not like what the users were saying to me. I am reporting this since your attacking my character again. I am actually nice to people who I see around town I am not nice to people who attack me!

Oh by the way reported. I wont stand for having people attack me its only fair I get to use this site without you making assumptions that I am rude to people who don't attack me

cuteAkogara wrote:thing is I had to start losing weight because my doctor told me if my size did not go down my heart would get worse. I am on medications that also will effect your heart and can cause strokes and blood clots if I don't smarten up and stay healthy. I am losing weight because I want to be around for my kid but I think my over weight issue was the reason why I was so hard on my self. Being under weight or overweight effects your self esteem and it makes you depressed and it makes you say to yourself "Well because I am not that size I am never good enough." I may always be doubting myself because I also have mental disabilities like Autism and bipolar and I will lose faith in myself. as of right now I feel that hate is a stronger emotion then love and maybe if I hate people it will make me feel better because what will loving someone gain me.

The part I was addressing is bolded and underlined.
ImageImageImageImage

Image
User avatar
Cassowary
CreaturesTrade
 
Posts: 24590
Joined: March 10th, 2011, 1:27:31 pm
Gender: Female

Re: 20 years old and still single! is there something wrong?

Postby cuteAkogara » May 14th, 2012, 6:28:42 am

Cassowary wrote:
cuteAkogara wrote:idn't morg tell all of you guys to drop it besides all I said the other day was I did not like the bronze dragons and what happend was unspeakable people went out and judged me as a person for a opinoion called me a troll and said I treated my friends bad because I did not like what the users were saying to me. I am reporting this since your attacking my character again. I am actually nice to people who I see around town I am not nice to people who attack me!

Oh by the way reported. I wont stand for having people attack me its only fair I get to use this site without you making assumptions that I am rude to people who don't attack me

cuteAkogara wrote:thing is I had to start losing weight because my doctor told me if my size did not go down my heart would get worse. I am on medications that also will effect your heart and can cause strokes and blood clots if I don't smarten up and stay healthy. I am losing weight because I want to be around for my kid but I think my over weight issue was the reason why I was so hard on my self. Being under weight or overweight effects your self esteem and it makes you depressed and it makes you say to yourself "Well because I am not that size I am never good enough." I may always be doubting myself because I also have mental disabilities like Autism and bipolar and I will lose faith in myself. as of right now I feel that hate is a stronger emotion then love and maybe if I hate people it will make me feel better because what will loving someone gain me.

The part I was addressing is bolded and underlined.
why would I epxress my disgust with people. the point in putting myself in a shell is to block out everyone who is going to hurt me and shut myselg out from the world and not ezsist in it any more.
User avatar
cuteAkogara
CreaturesTrade
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: May 15th, 2010, 11:59:22 pm
Location: Newfoundland
Gender: Female

Re: 20 years old and still single! is there something wrong?

Postby Cassowary » May 14th, 2012, 6:31:48 am

cuteAkogara wrote:
Cassowary wrote:
cuteAkogara wrote:idn't morg tell all of you guys to drop it besides all I said the other day was I did not like the bronze dragons and what happend was unspeakable people went out and judged me as a person for a opinoion called me a troll and said I treated my friends bad because I did not like what the users were saying to me. I am reporting this since your attacking my character again. I am actually nice to people who I see around town I am not nice to people who attack me!

Oh by the way reported. I wont stand for having people attack me its only fair I get to use this site without you making assumptions that I am rude to people who don't attack me

cuteAkogara wrote:thing is I had to start losing weight because my doctor told me if my size did not go down my heart would get worse. I am on medications that also will effect your heart and can cause strokes and blood clots if I don't smarten up and stay healthy. I am losing weight because I want to be around for my kid but I think my over weight issue was the reason why I was so hard on my self. Being under weight or overweight effects your self esteem and it makes you depressed and it makes you say to yourself "Well because I am not that size I am never good enough." I may always be doubting myself because I also have mental disabilities like Autism and bipolar and I will lose faith in myself. as of right now I feel that hate is a stronger emotion then love and maybe if I hate people it will make me feel better because what will loving someone gain me.

The part I was addressing is bolded and underlined.
why would I epxress my disgust with people. the point in putting myself in a shell is to block out everyone who is going to hurt me and shut myselg out from the world and not ezsist in it any more.

Ignoring something won't make it go away. All you're doing is sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU".
ImageImageImageImage

Image
User avatar
Cassowary
CreaturesTrade
 
Posts: 24590
Joined: March 10th, 2011, 1:27:31 pm
Gender: Female

Re: 20 years old and still single! is there something wrong?

Postby cuteAkogara » May 14th, 2012, 6:33:29 am

I rather ignore the people out there than be walked all over by them and treated like a whore. yes tell me to face them my face will only be shoved in the dirt by them
User avatar
cuteAkogara
CreaturesTrade
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: May 15th, 2010, 11:59:22 pm
Location: Newfoundland
Gender: Female

Re: 20 years old and still single! is there something wrong?

Postby Cassowary » May 14th, 2012, 6:45:48 am

cuteAkogara wrote:I rather ignore the people out there than be walked all over by them and treated like a whore. yes tell me to face them my face will only be shoved in the dirt by them

I thought your problem was getting no attention, as opposed to getting bad attention?

Though, to be honest, it's hard to tell at this point what exactly it is you're looking for. You seem awful aggressive and antagonistic. You mentioned earlier being depressed as well. Have you considered therapy?
ImageImageImageImage

Image
User avatar
Cassowary
CreaturesTrade
 
Posts: 24590
Joined: March 10th, 2011, 1:27:31 pm
Gender: Female

PreviousNext

Return to Hall of Speakers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests