Some people already know I've been working on a project called Minicorn Megalith (details can be found in my profile). Well, part of that is the Megalith family, and I've decided I wanted to do a little challenge with them, so they can go forth and multiply!
Do you want to help them be fruitful? Do you like Minicorns? Do you enjoy contests and challenges? Whatever reason you have to join this challenge, I'm happy to have anybody on board.
Here are the lovely progenitors, Minnie and Mickey Megalith:
Trilithons are megaliths composed of two vertical stones and a horizontal stone on top of them. Oh, such weary and sore hooves after such an adventure!
If you already own a Megalith or have bred them, don't worry, you can take part in this challenge still as well! Just read the details below.
1. The goal will be to breed as many generations as possible of Megaliths. The longer the family grows, the better!
2. The start date of the challenge is November 1, 2011 (Eastern/Magistream Time) - all creatures eligible must have a birthdate of November 1, 2011 or later!
3. Everyone will have 6 months from the start date to breed as many generations of Megaliths as possible, making sure to follow the lineage rules. If a certain Megalith does not follow the rules, it will not count and be disqualified. I will attempt to notify people when I notice a Megalith that does not conform to the lineage rules.
4. For those that already have Megaliths, fear not, you can start at whatever generation you are currently at and continue from there. This does not mean you will be ahead - I will note what Gen everyone starts at, so the only ones that will be counted are the ones bred during the 6 month period.
5. You will need to find your own mates for your Megaliths, even for the first one I give you (see the mate rules below). I will attempt to allow time for everyone to have their grown Megalith plus a mate before the start date.
6. You MUST follow all the lineage rules below:
- The Megaliths should be mixed bred, Light x Dark.
- Please use a SB mate for each Megalith - confirm that SB wasn't used previously in the line.
- All Megaliths should be named, and that name needs to start with the letter M (I know we might end up some repeated names, and that's OK).
- All Megalith mates should be named as well, but that name doesn't need to start with any specific letter.
- NO INBREEDING!
- DO NOT freeze, release, sell, or gift any Megaliths - if you no longer want them, please send them back to me.
8. Yes, there will be prizes. Please see the 2nd post for the Prize List.
9. If you are interested in joining the Megalith All in the Family Challenge, please use the form below! (NOTE: The last question is just a fun question! Don't take it too seriously - daydreams are welcome. )
- Code: Select all
[b][color=#0000BF][size=150]Megalith All in the Family Challenge? Count Me In![/size][/color][/b]
[b]Do you already have a Megalith? If so, what Gen have you bred to?:[/b]
[b]Have you read the lineage rules and agree to follow them?:[/b]
[b]Have you already thought of some fun M names? If so, which ones?:[/b]
[b]Do you mind a 2nd Gen, or would you prefer a 1st Gen?:[/b]
[b]What generation do you hope to reach during the challenge?:[/b][/color]